Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hey uhhh...Marshall
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Hey uhhh...Marshall
What on earth is going on up there?

QB enters portal. Coach blames the fans, sister blames the message board, mother says coach is a liar?
12-07-2023 12:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Johns1124 Online
Special Teams

I Root For: Marshall
RE: Hey uhhh...Marshall
More Drama today....

Some say HC resigned. NOT CONFIRMED.
12-07-2023 12:21 PM
mturn017 Online
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
(12-07-2023 12:17 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  What on earth is going on up there?

QB enters portal. Coach blames the fans, sister blames the message board, mother says coach is a liar?

I got the first two. What's going on with the sister and mother? I'm assuming of the QB and not Huff's sister and mother.
12-07-2023 12:27 PM
Johns1124 Online
Special Teams

My personal opinion. Siblings talk, sometimes kids and parents don't. Either Mother didn't want to cause waves, took the politically correct route, or didn't know her son's true feelings. Sister and BIL did.
I will say Fancher did take some on the message boards. Some herd fans (Huntington locals) take it too far sometimes. They treat the University like it's their local professional team. It's not, it's a University to educate young people. Many IMO forget this and take comments too far. The locals were one of my major complaints while attending there.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2023 12:48 PM by Johns1124.)
12-07-2023 12:35 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(12-07-2023 12:27 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  

I got the first two. What's going on with the sister and mother? I'm assuming of the QB and not Huff's sister and mother.

12-07-2023 12:36 PM
Surbadger Offline
1st String

It's been a dark 24 hours, that's for sure. My guess is that the administration is going to have to at least talk about it. I don't know how Huff can say that and get another year. It's been a mess, especially since Cam's mother said Huff's statements weren't true.
12-07-2023 12:40 PM
Advertisement

SVHerd Offline
All American

I Root For:
Both major programs are a dumpster fire. If Huff isn't fired, 2024 will definitely be his last season.
We won't be competitive for 2-3 years. Jmo.
12-07-2023 12:41 PM
MarshallHerdFanz Offline
1st String

Right now our entire Athletic Department is in a little bit of turmoil. I posted this on the main herd fans board yesterday.

-Football and Men?s basketball are going through a really tough stretch with mediocre seasons with what seems like some interior issues.

-The unprofessional comments from a HC today, and from someone that seems to not want to be here.

-Men?s Basketball Coach not doing interviews for some reason.

-The issues with the band traveling.

-The issues with our best women?s player not playing for some reason.

-Volleyball and Women?s Soccer being VERY BAD.

I know these issues seem small but the entire Athletic Department seems to be struggling a little this fall semester. We should all be thankful that we even have The Herd to cheer for. I?m still 50/50 on Spears but right now we have some issues that I hope we can get worked out soon. Think of how many people have left the Department in the last 18 months as well. I?d like a little more transparency from our Athletic Department because things just don?t look good right now.

I love the Herd and I don?t care who?s in charge of what department/teams but I just want to see the entire University succeed. Just seems there are a lot of questionable things going on right now.

This fall semester has been really bad for Marshall other than Men's soccer. Its hard right now because I'm a Marshall fan, New York Jets, Carolina Hurricanes, Oakland/Vegas Athletics, Charlotte FC, and a Hornets fan. Life in sports is rough right now
12-07-2023 12:42 PM
stingingeagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ga Southern
Didn't Marshall's old QB transfer back as well?
12-07-2023 12:43 PM
Surbadger Offline
1st String

(12-07-2023 12:43 PM)stingingeagle Wrote:  Didn't Marshall's old QB transfer back as well?

That was a fake VT account.
12-07-2023 12:45 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(12-07-2023 12:43 PM)stingingeagle Wrote:  Didn't Marshall's old QB transfer back as well?

That's not official. He's entered the portal. Its just a rumor he wants to come back.
12-07-2023 12:46 PM
Advertisement

GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC

Yeah he's gettin' farred!

Moral of the story... Don't hire a position coach to be your Head Coach 03-wink
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2023 01:06 PM by GreenBison.)
12-07-2023 01:05 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

I Root For: Southern Miss
(12-07-2023 12:36 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Re: the message boards part…Yeah, if your family member is the starting QB, message boards probably aren’t a place you should hang out.

The internet is enormous. Maybe just don’t go to sites that make you unhappy.
12-07-2023 01:07 PM
Johns1124 Online
Special Teams

(12-07-2023 01:05 PM)GreenBison Wrote:  Yeah he's gettin' farred!

Do you know that for a fact? or just speculation.
12-07-2023 01:08 PM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC
(12-07-2023 01:08 PM)Johns1124 Wrote:  
(12-07-2023 01:05 PM)GreenBison Wrote:  Yeah he's gettin' farred!

Do you know that for a fact? or just speculation.

Don't know for a fact, but how the hell can he survive that? He threw the boosters (NIL) and the entire fan base under the bus. Good luck selling season tickets next year.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2023 01:14 PM by GreenBison.)
12-07-2023 01:14 PM
mturn017 Online
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
Well, now that I'm caught up (thanks chiefsfan). Huff shouldn't have made any such comments even if true, it's unprofessional and makes the school and program he's presumably trying to run look bad.

Player's definitely shouldn't read fan message boards. We have a Facebook Group for ODU fandom run by a member on our CSNBBS site that has coaches, wives, players former and current as members. There's a pretty strict no degrading anyone policy which is necessary for that type of group. It's strictly celebratory of all things ODU past and present and he does a good job and I appreciate it for what it is. Now our message board here is 90% complaining and calling for heads to roll and I hope coaches and players would know to steer clear, there's a place for that need to vent as fans. I like Wilson but don't think he's good enough for QB play at this level, or at least not consistent enough. I like Coach Jones but his time has come. Rahne? Jury's out. Bowl eligible 2 of his 3 seasons isn't bad but will he take it to another level? Anyway, yeah fans vent and sometimes they're entitled pricks. Family members should probably not join those groups. But if Huff had said "sorry to see him go, wish him the best of luck" then nothing else matters. He seems pretty frustrated, I'd be surprised if he isn't asked to resign shortly.
12-07-2023 01:24 PM
Advertisement

jmu007 Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU
Still can't believe that quote is real. I'm assuming the reporter posting is the real deal? (I only ask because there's been so much fake stuff online of late)
12-07-2023 01:24 PM
herdfifteen Offline
2nd String

I Root For: uncw
(12-07-2023 01:07 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  
(12-07-2023 12:36 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Re: the message boards part…Yeah, if your family member is the starting QB, message boards probably aren’t a place you should hang out.

The internet is enormous. Maybe just don’t go to sites that make you unhappy.
You absolutely nailed it, it is simple, family members should stay off message boards,
12-07-2023 01:26 PM
boozeNammo Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: JMU
(12-07-2023 01:24 PM)jmu007 Wrote:  Still can't believe that quote is real. I'm assuming the reporter posting is the real deal? (I only ask because there's been so much fake stuff online of late)

Exactly. Someone needs some PR coaching. Reactive statements like that are death nails in the age of cancel culture and instantaneous blathering of cyber-opinions. Maybe that was the intent. Who knows but this is wacky.
12-07-2023 01:29 PM
CoachMaclid Offline
All American

(12-07-2023 01:24 PM)jmu007 Wrote:  Still can't believe that quote is real. I'm assuming the reporter posting is the real deal? (I only ask because there's been so much fake stuff online of late)

That is the real account of Cassidy Wood, the sports reporter from our local CBS affiliate WOWK. She won the WV Media Association Sports Reporter of the Year award last year.
12-07-2023 01:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.