Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

‘21-‘22 WM MBB season
Bookmark and Share
WillaMary08 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WillaMary
‘21-‘22 WM MBB season
John O’Connor tweets that WM will play Richmond this upcoming season.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RTDjohnoconno...4223475714
05-15-2021 04:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

zablenoise Offline
Heisman

I Root For: William & Mary
RE: ‘21-‘22 WM MBB season
YES YES YES!!!!!! WAY TO GO DANE AND WHOEVER ELSE FOR GETTING THIS DONE!
05-15-2021 09:58 AM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M
I’m guessing it’s on the road - still, a good add.

UR had 4 grads and 3 seniors on their 21 team. I don’t know who their studs were but it looks like they may also be in for some major rebuilding this season.
05-15-2021 10:58 AM
WMInTheBurg Offline
All American

IMO, we're still owed at least 5 home games for the way they left the CAA. This isn't really rational, but I don't think we should have to play at UR, full stop.
05-15-2021 11:02 AM
billymac Offline
Heisman

(05-15-2021 10:58 AM)Sitting bull Wrote:  I’m guessing it’s on the road - still, a good add.

UR had 4 grads and 3 seniors on their 21 team. I don’t know who their studs were but it looks like they may also be in for some major rebuilding this season.

UR will have a 17 man bench next season, as all of their Seniors, except guard Blake Francis, are coming back. They are looking to make a run at the A-10 Championship in 21-22.
05-15-2021 11:11 AM
TribeFan1983 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Wm & Mary
(05-15-2021 11:11 AM)billymac Wrote:  
(05-15-2021 10:58 AM)Sitting bull Wrote:  I’m guessing it’s on the road - still, a good add.

UR will have a 17 man bench next season, as all of their Seniors, except guard Blake Francis, are coming back. They are looking to make a run at the A-10 Championship in 21-22.

That's so unfair for the incoming freshman basketball recruits. First, many missed out on all/ much of their HS senior year season. Now they have to ride the bench and lose another year while the college seniors from the prior year relive their lost season. Who's looking out for them?
05-16-2021 08:18 AM
Advertisement

wmmii Offline
1st String

(05-15-2021 11:11 AM)billymac Wrote:  

Richmond will be loaded for 2021-22 and should be a Top 25 time.

The intent is to have an away and home series with Richmond. If I had my choice, would prefer our team to get another year of experience and play at our house 2022-23 when hopefully we are loaded and Richmond has come off a Sweet 16 or better season!
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2021 05:57 PM by wmmii.)
05-16-2021 09:41 AM
nogretheogre Offline
Lord of Bots & Tots

Hopefully the restart of a recurring series. Home game would have been a great way to kick off a 2022 season in the renovated Kaplan 03-phew
05-16-2021 10:35 AM
bubbadog57 Offline
1st String

I would think this would be the start of a home and home series of games....Dane said at a couple of the bb lunches at Anna's
that's the way he would play Richmond (and VCU for that matter).
05-16-2021 03:58 PM
WillaMary08 Offline
Heisman

(05-16-2021 03:58 PM)bubbadog57 Wrote:  I would think this would be the start of a home and home series of games....Dane said at a couple of the bb lunches at Anna's

And I think I remember Coach Fischer saying for the home and homes that he likes to do the away game first.
05-16-2021 04:51 PM
wmmii Offline
1st String

(05-16-2021 03:58 PM)bubbadog57 Wrote:  I would think this would be the start of a home and home series of games....Dane said at a couple of the bb lunches at Anna's

Dane has not been as vocal about playing VCU but it is my top choice after Richmond!
05-16-2021 05:58 PM
Advertisement

WillaMary08 Offline
Heisman

Looking forward to Milkereit year 2 - he apparently looked very good at a recent open run.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CoachColeman2...0122216448
05-21-2021 06:27 AM
mrjoolius Online
Hall of Famer

‘21-‘22 WM MBB season
I couldn't find a direct link, but Thatcher Stone has a mini viral video going around Instagram showing off some of his dunks. You can see the videos by pulling up his instant video by clicking on his profile picture. Very impressive.
https://instagram.com/tstone14
05-25-2021 09:29 AM
WMTRIBE75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WILLIAM & MARY
(05-25-2021 09:29 AM)mrjoolius Wrote:  I couldn't find a direct link, but Thatcher Stone has a mini viral video going around Instagram showing off some of his dunks. You can see the videos by pulling up his instant video by clicking on his profile picture. Very impressive.

Thatcher Stone is a real enigma for me. When I start envisioning next year's team, I ultimately come up with a pair of players for each of the 5 positions and then have Hermanovskis, Ayesa, and Stone off to the side. That is probably not fair to any of these three players (Hopefully our coaches don't think like that), and it is particularly unfair to Thatcher. Thatcher has probably been weighted down by circumstances over the last couple of years more than any other player on our roster. As I recall, he was originally supposed to be part of the graduating class of 2019 but decided that he was going to reclass to 2020. Then in late summer 2019 I believe that he decided to be a 2019 graduate after all and decided to come to W&M just before classes started. We gladly took him in because we needed scholarship players and we had been recruiting him. Unfortunately, he missed all of the summer camp for our team and was behind the eight ball from the very beginning. I often wondered why we burned a year of his eligibility during the 2019-20 season. Fast forward to last year, the Covid year, and there was once again no summer team practices for anybody. This summer, therefore, will be Thatcher's first opportunity to benefit from our summer program.

Thatcher's short appearances on the floor gave us brief glimpses of how athletic he is. His height, athleticism, and potential ball handling skills suggest a player who could probably play 3 different positions. I just wonder if he could be one of those guys who ends up making us ask the question, "Where did this kid come from?"
05-25-2021 11:43 AM
FauqDawg10 Offline
Special Teams

(05-25-2021 11:43 AM)WMTRIBE75 Wrote:  
(05-25-2021 09:29 AM)mrjoolius Wrote:  I couldn't find a direct link, but Thatcher Stone has a mini viral video going around Instagram showing off some of his dunks. You can see the videos by pulling up his instant video by clicking on his profile picture. Very impressive.

Thatcher Stone is a real enigma for me. When I start envisioning next year's team, I ultimately come up with a pair of players for each of the 5 positions and then have Hermanovskis, Ayesa, and Stone off to the side. That is probably not fair to any of these three players (Hopefully our coaches don't think like that), and it is particularly unfair to Thatcher. Thatcher has probably been weighted down by circumstances over the last couple of years more than any other player on our roster. As I recall, he was originally supposed to be part of the graduating class of 2019 but decided that he was going to reclass to 2020. Then in late summer 2019 I believe that he decided to be a 2019 graduate after all and decided to come to W&M just before classes started. We gladly took him in because we needed scholarship players and we had been recruiting him. Unfortunately, he missed all of the summer camp for our team and was behind the eight ball from the very beginning. I often wondered why we burned a year of his eligibility during the 2019-20 season. Fast forward to last year, the Covid year, and there was once again no summer team practices for anybody. This summer, therefore, will be Thatcher's first opportunity to benefit from our summer program.

Thatcher's short appearances on the floor gave us brief glimpses of how athletic he is. His height, athleticism, and potential ball handling skills suggest a player who could probably play 3 different positions. I just wonder if he could be one of those guys who ends up making us ask the question, "Where did this kid come from?"

Well, it would make sense if they stuck with the 10 guys they recruited on a full cycle.

If the new guys can really shoot, Ayesa's time in the rotation is probably over. But if not, a team always needs shooters.

Stone is an interesting case. Can do a few different things, albeit nothing at a really high level. Will depend on how well the other wings can defend, I guess, but there's only so many minutes to go around. Exactly the kind of 11th man you want; very versatile plug-and-play after the inevitable injuries.

Hermanovskis is probably done at the D1 level.

Milkereit was flat-out bad last year and there's no way around that. But we've discussed his skill set and injury history and why he has room for improvement (and that he was already improving by year-end). The coaching staff seems to have faith in him. So I agree he's probably in line as the backup 2, although I'm guessing behind Kochera that isn't a big role. Maybe an 8-10 MPG kind of deal.

Interested to see what happens with the freshmen. Not sure we know how much the staff will *like* to play them because they've pretty much *had* to for the past couple years. I think Hatton and Lewis will indeed get some minutes, but it won't be a big surprise if they don't. I liked their tape but everyone looks good against high schoolers.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2021 01:56 PM by FauqDawg10.)
05-25-2021 01:54 PM
wmmii Offline
1st String

(05-25-2021 01:54 PM)FauqDawg10 Wrote:  [

Interested to see what happens with the freshmen. Not sure we know how much the staff will *like* to play them because they've pretty much *had* to for the past couple years. I think Hatton and Lewis will indeed get some minutes, but it won't be a big surprise if they don't. I liked their tape but everyone looks good against high schoolers.

Based on the level of play of the returning players and the exit of Lowe, if some of the 3 new freshmen do not play significant minutes then we are in trouble with that recruiting class.
05-25-2021 01:59 PM
Advertisement

Sitting bull Offline
All American

It’s by no means the most exciting of 2021 men’s pre conference tournaments though I saw where W&M is confirmed at the High Point MTE tournament at High Point, 11/20 and 11/21. The other teams are Howard and Georgia State, with HPU the host.

Given our youth, it should be competitive enough.

Elon, Northeastern and Drexel are confirmed in higher profiles tourneys featuring several P5 teams.
07-03-2021 03:13 PM
Naptown Tribe Offline
All American

‘21-‘22 WM MBB season
This seems promising! I’m hoping for and excited to see a big jump from Jake this year :)

https://twitter.com/CMilkereit/status/14...40038?s=20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2021 04:47 PM by Naptown Tribe.)
07-05-2021 04:46 PM
ColonelEbirt Offline
Special Teams

‘21-‘22 WM MBB season
(07-05-2021 04:46 PM)Naptown Tribe Wrote:  This seems promising! I’m hoping for and excited to see a big jump from Jake this year :)

https://twitter.com/CMilkereit/status/14...40038?s=20

That’s the picture of a young man soaring into our starting lineup!

07-05-2021 04:59 PM
Tribal Offline

‘21-‘22 WM MBB season
I can do that

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
07-06-2021 02:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.