Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What do Louisiana/Ark St fans think?
Bookmark and Share
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
What do Louisiana/Ark St fans think?
If Coastal EKU and NMSU is brought in for all sports would Louisiana and Ark. St. Support it?
08-08-2015 10:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RedWolf_Rex Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: A State
RE: What do Louisiana/Ark St fans think?
Personally if it puts in a position to not be as vulnerable if/when the A5 conferences lose their minds I support it. Also I like the areas that puts us in, NMSU isn't really great travel wise but the respect that get in Oly sports a huge plus.

I'll take it and be happy. Would rather Mizzou St but that's just selfish and they aren't really ready. MoSt, EKU, CCU is my preferred.
08-08-2015 10:59 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
I have concerns.

Coastal. They have demonstrated they are serious about athletics. Program is still so new the alum there when they started football is in their 30's and they have a two hour buffer from the next in-state FBS. That means there is growth potential from the increase in alums connected to football and they have room to develop a niche, but they are a gamble on whether they actually grow the support (I like their odds but they aren't safe picks like App and GaSo were, more risky than TXST even though TXST has proximity and media access issues.)

EKU. I absolutely hate their geography, most of their success more remote in time. They are plowing money and maybe that awakens the alumni base.

NMSU. Only makes sense to move their best programs in.

A 12/14 for the west means football is: NMSU, TXST, UL, ULM, AState and one of USA, Troy, EKU with USA being the most logical from the western viewpoint.
In hoops it means: NMSU, TXST, UTA, UL, ULM, AState, UALR and that's a nice look.
08-08-2015 11:17 AM
Beltfan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: best of SBC
(08-08-2015 10:56 AM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  If Coastal EKU and NMSU is brought in for all sports would Louisiana and Ark. St. Support it?

What do Louisiana and Ark State fans think? What do Texas State, UL Monroe, Georgia State, South Alabama, etc. fans think? Choosing just two schools is idiotic to say the least. If you are so hung up on how they feel about it, why not go to their boards and ask?
08-08-2015 11:23 AM
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
I would really like to have Missouri State . . I definitely like adding NMSU for all Sports. Coastal and EKU are OK.
08-08-2015 11:25 AM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
oK then what do others think of adding those 3?
08-08-2015 11:26 AM
Advertisement

TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
(08-08-2015 11:23 AM)Beltfan Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 10:56 AM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  If Coastal EKU and NMSU is brought in for all sports would Louisiana and Ark. St. Support it?

What do Louisiana and Ark State fans think? What do Texas State, UL Monroe, Georgia State, South Alabama, etc. fans think? Choosing just two schools is idiotic to say the least. If you are so hung up on how they feel about it, why not go to their boards and ask?

I think the reason is that it seems that stAte and the Cajuns have a bit more sway in the conference than others. So, if they are behind it, odds are good the rest would too.

But really it's all moot.

Every single Cajun fan could support it, but if their university doesn't, then who cares? It ain't happening.
08-08-2015 11:29 AM
8993 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
I support adding CCU and NMSU.

I do not support adding EKU.

I'm hopeful that the third school that is getting a campus visit from Belt officials is Missouri State or James Madison, but I'm not holding my breath.
08-08-2015 11:30 AM
RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State
NMSU is already an established FBS program, would have 2nd largest athletic budget Nd would help out our bball image

Eku would get us back in Kentucky, they have solid history and have shown enthusiasm for joining conference

CCU has taken me awhile to warm up to but I like the idea of having a presence in South Carolina; they're young but show great potential and if app state wants em for a travel partner cool.

All in all I like all three, let's do a 12/14 format kick out idaho call it a day
08-08-2015 11:34 AM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
Baseball is big for the Cajuns and going to get a lot bigger. Of this I have no doubts. For that reason I like the CCU addition.

EKU, negative to ambivalent, though maybe someone could convince me to be positive. Someone please try.

NMSU, basketball and baseball a positive. Football neutral right now though I think they'll improve.
08-08-2015 11:39 AM
CajunExpress Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
(08-08-2015 11:29 AM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  

I think the reason is that it seems that stAte and the Cajuns have a bit more sway in the conference than others. So, if they are behind it, odds are good the rest would too.

Every single Cajun fan could support it, but if their university doesn't, then who cares? It ain't happening.

I absolutely know our administration could give a rats ass about what 95% of their fans thinks about anything from academics to sports. All they want to know is if I named them in an after death gift.

Louisiana fans think the SBC is a really bad conference, and viewed as a gateway to FBS. Just think of the illegal boarder crossing issue. We understand we have to live with what the conference does, doesn't mean we like it.

Coastal yes, all sports, FBS on fast track. EKU no, keep Idaho, and NMSU as football only. If they do not like it, take it elsewhere. I do not want a 12/14 league.
08-08-2015 11:44 AM
Advertisement

Rik Flair Offline
Special Teams

EKU -- to most stAte fans, a school from Kentucky is a school from Kentucky. EKU or WKU, who really cares? I know WKU has/had a good basketball tradition but it's not like they are Duke. Nobody rushed to the games because we were playing WKU.

CCU - if they can get an expanded stadium then I don't have a problem with the addition. It might even open a recruiting area.

Why do EKU and CCU have to prove anything? FIU, FAU, Ga St., Idaho, WKU, and even all of the original SBC teams were all in the same boat at one time. Some of them still are.

I would rather have a tighter footprint with those schools then bring in UMASS or keep Idaho. Maybe even before we add NMSU

All that being said, I also don't see a need to rush to 12 football playing schools. I would almost rather have 9 if we don't have a CCG and we could keep 4 bowl tie-ins
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2015 11:59 AM by Rik Flair.)
08-08-2015 11:56 AM
Ed Harley Offline
Water Engineer

(08-08-2015 11:44 AM)CajunExpress Wrote:  

I absolutely know our administration could give a rats ass about what 95% of their fans thinks about anything from academics to sports. All they want to know is if I named them in an after death gift.

Louisiana fans think the SBC is a really bad conference, and viewed as a gateway to FBS. Just think of the illegal boarder crossing issue. We understand we have to live with what the conference does, doesn't mean we like it.

This^^^ I hate it. Nobody has yet to give a reasonable explanation, IMO, as to why we HAVE to add other teams. No other conferences are beating down the doors of these schools...they'll still be there if the SBC is raided again.
08-08-2015 12:30 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-08-2015 12:30 PM)Ed Harley Wrote:  

This^^^ I hate it. Nobody has yet to give a reasonable explanation, IMO, as to why we HAVE to add other teams. No other conferences are beating down the doors of these schools...they'll still be there if the SBC is raided again.

You are better off getting your replacements fully transitioned to FBS before you are forced to do it by circumstances.

If you drop from 12 to 10 full FBS members because of a raid you are fine and just replace the 2.

If you drop from 9 to 7 full FBS members then you are living pretty much on the razor's edge while your 2 replacements try to transition.

Plus, if you have 7 members then those candidates might even decide that your conference is now a bit too risky and just elect to stay FCS.

Probably better to get additional knots added to the bottom of our rope.
08-08-2015 12:43 PM
Ed Harley Offline
Water Engineer

(08-08-2015 12:43 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 11:23 AM)Beltfan Wrote:  What do Louisiana and Ark State fans think? What do Texas State, UL Monroe, Georgia State, South Alabama, etc. fans think? Choosing just two schools is idiotic to say the least. If you are so hung up on how they feel about it, why not go to their boards and ask?

Perfect. That needs to be the SBC's official slogan. "Knots on the bottom of the rope".
08-08-2015 12:49 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-08-2015 12:49 PM)Ed Harley Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 12:43 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 11:29 AM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  I think the reason is that it seems that stAte and the Cajuns have a bit more sway in the conference than others. So, if they are behind it, odds are good the rest would too.

Perfect. That needs to be the SBC's official slogan. "Knots on the bottom of the rope".

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it less true.

I don't want to be in a position where stAte is sitting with 6 other programs (including Idaho) trying to scramble to avoid being WAC'd.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2015 12:57 PM by ark30inf.)
08-08-2015 12:56 PM
Advertisement

FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA

The Cajuns have been FBS since 1975, 26 years before the SBC started sponsoring football and even a year before the SBC was established as a conference. How on earth is it a gateway to FBS?
08-08-2015 12:58 PM
CajunExpress Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
(08-08-2015 12:58 PM)FoUTASportscaster Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 11:23 AM)Beltfan Wrote:  What do Louisiana and Ark State fans think? What do Texas State, UL Monroe, Georgia State, South Alabama, etc. fans think? Choosing just two schools is idiotic to say the least. If you are so hung up on how they feel about it, why not go to their boards and ask?

The Cajuns have been FBS since 1975, 26 years before the SBC started sponsoring football and even a year before the SBC was established as a conference. How on earth is it a gateway to FBS?

IMO he was speaking in general and hyperbole is OK for a message board, it's not as though someones life is at stake.
08-08-2015 01:02 PM
southernwolf Offline
Bench Warmer

As long as NMSU is brought in, we'd probably support anything but Liberty.
08-08-2015 01:07 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
I think most stAte fans would prefer Missouri State, but Coastal is acceptable if NMSU is also brought in. From reading our board, I've seen the usual mix of some liking the idea, and some hating the idea and wondering why we are not courting Southern Miss. Pretty typical for most message board I'd imagine.

My guess is that Cajun fans probably are too frustrated with their own administration to care about which FCS gets in.
08-08-2015 02:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.