Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What is happening at Appalachian?
Bookmark and Share
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
What is happening at Appalachian?
Today they get basically hammered at HOME vs. Samford. If I am not mistaken this is their 3rd home loss this year already.

I sure did not see this coming.

What is going on there?
10-12-2013 05:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
RE: What is happening at Appalachian?
I have to admit that I'm happy.

I went to law school there.
10-12-2013 05:54 PM
AppfanInCAAland Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
At least we beat Elon.
10-12-2013 06:25 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

Apps suffering from the nothing to play for blues and a new coach. About as bad a recipe as you can have. Watching GS come out of the locker room today after the half from above at the Bishop several folks commented that the team looked as though they had no intensity. I walked over to see and noticed the same. Cit came out with the enthusiasm you would expect. We won anyway and looked to be the better, bigger, faster team though the score was close. If we can keep it up we may have the edge going into Boone.
10-12-2013 06:36 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
(10-12-2013 06:36 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  Apps suffering from the nothing to play for blues and a new coach. About as bad a recipe as you can have. Watching GS come out of the locker room today after the half from above at the Bishop several folks commented that the team looked as though they had no intensity. I walked over to see and noticed the same. Cit came out with the enthusiasm you would expect. We won anyway and looked to be the better, bigger, faster team though the score was close. If we can keep it up we may have the edge going into Boone.

The problem with that combo you guys have is you don't really know what your coach has got... And that's a scary thing moving up.

We had that with Fran, where in our transition year, he basically said "yeah, I don't care about wins, I want to play around with some stuff and see what might work."
10-12-2013 06:47 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

(10-12-2013 06:47 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  
(10-12-2013 06:36 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  Apps suffering from the nothing to play for blues and a new coach. About as bad a recipe as you can have. Watching GS come out of the locker room today after the half from above at the Bishop several folks commented that the team looked as though they had no intensity. I walked over to see and noticed the same. Cit came out with the enthusiasm you would expect. We won anyway and looked to be the better, bigger, faster team though the score was close. If we can keep it up we may have the edge going into Boone.

The problem with that combo you guys have is you don't really know what your coach has got... And that's a scary thing moving up.

We had that with Fran, where in our transition year, he basically said "yeah, I don't care about wins, I want to play around with some stuff and see what might work."

+1^
Apps situation is certainly made worse with the new coach but simply not having anything to play for while your coach seems to be experimenting every other play is enough to derail any potential. The seniors ,leaders, are leaving and likely not happy with the changes, the rest are on half schollys struggling to make their grades. Keeping a team like this focused must be extreeeeeemly difficult. Southern is enjoying seeing the stadium progress which seems to be helping us a little while in purgatory. Not much though.
10-12-2013 07:12 PM
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Not sure yalls new coach was the best decision.
10-12-2013 08:06 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(10-12-2013 06:36 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  Apps suffering from the nothing to play for blues and a new coach.

This is nothing but malarkey. Ohio State didn't have anything to play for last year but they still went 12-0. ODU has nothing to play for but they are 4-2, so are your GSU Eagles. Scott Satterfield just sucks as a HC.
10-12-2013 08:07 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

(10-12-2013 08:07 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  
(10-12-2013 06:36 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  Apps suffering from the nothing to play for blues and a new coach.

This is nothing but malarkey. Ohio State didn't have anything to play for last year but they still went 12-0. ODU has nothing to play for but they are 4-2, so are your GSU Eagles. Scott Satterfield just sucks as a HC.

ODU got a new coach during their transition? Ohio State wasn't moving up in division and your 4-2 sucks as bad as ours. Satterfield may not be the guy, just sayen. I must say today was a bit impressive for us given the lack of intensity and the freshman QB.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2013 08:35 PM by Oldyeller.)
10-12-2013 08:34 PM
CajunExpress Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
Apple State is just bad this year. Nothing to play for is a real bad excuse. New coach is also a bad excuse unless he took over a God awful team.
10-12-2013 09:04 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

The thing is this year doesn't matter per se.

It only matters if the program as a whole is backsliding and I don't think it is.
10-12-2013 09:11 PM
Advertisement

TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Why do Cajun fans answer all questions directed toward App St fans?
10-12-2013 09:15 PM
CajunExpress Offline
1st String

Just win a game, and do not worry about who answers what.
10-12-2013 09:17 PM
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
I just figured a thread about APP ST deserved a response from App St posters unless this is the Rajun Cajun message board. I just feel it is common courtesy to let the fan base in question a chance to answer before everyone else jumps in.Thankyou.
10-12-2013 09:36 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-12-2013 09:36 PM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  I just figured a thread about APP ST deserved a response from App St posters unless this is the Rajun Cajun message board. I just feel it is common courtesy to let the fan base in question a chance to answer before everyone else jumps in.Thankyou.

It's an open forum.
10-12-2013 09:38 PM
CajunExpress Offline
1st String

(10-12-2013 09:36 PM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  I just figured a thread about APP ST deserved a response from App St posters unless this is the Rajun Cajun message board. I just feel it is common courtesy to let the fan base in question a chance to answer before everyone else jumps in.Thankyou.

They had all night to reply, and then decided to alibi.
10-12-2013 09:39 PM
Advertisement

Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

Canjun express have you ever worn sunglasses indoors?
10-12-2013 09:40 PM
lcitsh Offline
1st String

I Root For: sports
(10-12-2013 09:38 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  
(10-12-2013 09:36 PM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  I just figured a thread about APP ST deserved a response from App St posters unless this is the Rajun Cajun message board. I just feel it is common courtesy to let the fan base in question a chance to answer before everyone else jumps in. Thankyou.

It's an open forum.

Even more: this is a Sun Belt board and, technically, Appalachian State is not in the Sun Belt yet. If you want an answer from an Appalachian State fan, you might want to post on their board. If you want to post on a conference board, you can expect answers from conference members.
10-12-2013 09:44 PM
CajunExpress Offline
1st String

(10-12-2013 09:40 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Canjun express have you ever worn sunglasses indoors?

Never ware sun glasses, not ever.
10-12-2013 09:52 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

Could have fooled me.
10-12-2013 10:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.