CSNbbs
What is happening at Appalachian? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: What is happening at Appalachian? (/thread-654509.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

What is happening at Appalachian? - GaSoEagle - 10-12-2013 05:52 PM

Today they get basically hammered at HOME vs. Samford. If I am not mistaken this is their 3rd home loss this year already.

I sure did not see this coming.

What is going on there?

RE: What is happening at Appalachian? - HeartOfDixie - 10-12-2013 05:54 PM

I have to admit that I'm happy.

I went to law school there.

RE: What is happening at Appalachian? - AppfanInCAAland - 10-12-2013 06:25 PM

At least we beat Elon.

RE: What is happening at Appalachian? - Oldyeller - 10-12-2013 06:36 PM

Apps suffering from the nothing to play for blues and a new coach. About as bad a recipe as you can have. Watching GS come out of the locker room today after the half from above at the Bishop several folks commented that the team looked as though they had no intensity. I walked over to see and noticed the same. Cit came out with the enthusiasm you would expect. We won anyway and looked to be the better, bigger, faster team though the score was close. If we can keep it up we may have the edge going into Boone.

RE: What is happening at Appalachian? - TheRevSWT - 10-12-2013 06:47 PM

(10-12-2013 06:36 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  Apps suffering from the nothing to play for blues and a new coach. About as bad a recipe as you can have. Watching GS come out of the locker room today after the half from above at the Bishop several folks commented that the team looked as though they had no intensity. I walked over to see and noticed the same. Cit came out with the enthusiasm you would expect. We won anyway and looked to be the better, bigger, faster team though the score was close. If we can keep it up we may have the edge going into Boone.

The problem with that combo you guys have is you don't really know what your coach has got... And that's a scary thing moving up.

We had that with Fran, where in our transition year, he basically said "yeah, I don't care about wins, I want to play around with some stuff and see what might work."

RE: What is happening at Appalachian? - Oldyeller - 10-12-2013 07:12 PM

(10-12-2013 06:47 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  
(10-12-2013 06:36 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  Apps suffering from the nothing to play for blues and a new coach. About as bad a recipe as you can have. Watching GS come out of the locker room today after the half from above at the Bishop several folks commented that the team looked as though they had no intensity. I walked over to see and noticed the same. Cit came out with the enthusiasm you would expect. We won anyway and looked to be the better, bigger, faster team though the score was close. If we can keep it up we may have the edge going into Boone.

The problem with that combo you guys have is you don't really know what your coach has got... And that's a scary thing moving up.

We had that with Fran, where in our transition year, he basically said "yeah, I don't care about wins, I want to play around with some stuff and see what might work."

+1^
Apps situation is certainly made worse with the new coach but simply not having anything to play for while your coach seems to be experimenting every other play is enough to derail any potential. The seniors ,leaders, are leaving and likely not happy with the changes, the rest are on half schollys struggling to make their grades. Keeping a team like this focused must be extreeeeeemly difficult. Southern is enjoying seeing the stadium progress which seems to be helping us a little while in purgatory. Not much though.

RE: What is happening at Appalachian? - Atlanta Trojan - 10-12-2013 08:06 PM

Not sure yalls new coach was the best decision.

RE: What is happening at Appalachian? - HerdZoned - 10-12-2013 08:07 PM

(10-12-2013 06:36 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  Apps suffering from the nothing to play for blues and a new coach.

This is nothing but malarkey. Ohio State didn't have anything to play for last year but they still went 12-0. ODU has nothing to play for but they are 4-2, so are your GSU Eagles. Scott Satterfield just sucks as a HC.

RE: What is happening at Appalachian? - Oldyeller - 10-12-2013 08:34 PM

(10-12-2013 08:07 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  
(10-12-2013 06:36 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  Apps suffering from the nothing to play for blues and a new coach.

This is nothing but malarkey. Ohio State didn't have anything to play for last year but they still went 12-0. ODU has nothing to play for but they are 4-2, so are your GSU Eagles. Scott Satterfield just sucks as a HC.

ODU got a new coach during their transition? Ohio State wasn't moving up in division and your 4-2 sucks as bad as ours. Satterfield may not be the guy, just sayen. I must say today was a bit impressive for us given the lack of intensity and the freshman QB.

RE: What is happening at Appalachian? - CajunExpress - 10-12-2013 09:04 PM

Apple State is just bad this year. Nothing to play for is a real bad excuse. New coach is also a bad excuse unless he took over a God awful team.

RE: What is happening at Appalachian? - HeartOfDixie - 10-12-2013 09:11 PM

The thing is this year doesn't matter per se.

It only matters if the program as a whole is backsliding and I don't think it is.

RE: What is happening at Appalachian? - TOPSTRAIGHT - 10-12-2013 09:15 PM

Why do Cajun fans answer all questions directed toward App St fans?

RE: What is happening at Appalachian? - CajunExpress - 10-12-2013 09:17 PM

Just win a game, and do not worry about who answers what.

RE: What is happening at Appalachian? - TOPSTRAIGHT - 10-12-2013 09:36 PM

I just figured a thread about APP ST deserved a response from App St posters unless this is the Rajun Cajun message board. I just feel it is common courtesy to let the fan base in question a chance to answer before everyone else jumps in.Thankyou.

RE: What is happening at Appalachian? - HeartOfDixie - 10-12-2013 09:38 PM

(10-12-2013 09:36 PM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  I just figured a thread about APP ST deserved a response from App St posters unless this is the Rajun Cajun message board. I just feel it is common courtesy to let the fan base in question a chance to answer before everyone else jumps in.Thankyou.

It's an open forum.

RE: What is happening at Appalachian? - CajunExpress - 10-12-2013 09:39 PM

(10-12-2013 09:36 PM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  I just figured a thread about APP ST deserved a response from App St posters unless this is the Rajun Cajun message board. I just feel it is common courtesy to let the fan base in question a chance to answer before everyone else jumps in.Thankyou.

They had all night to reply, and then decided to alibi.

RE: What is happening at Appalachian? - Saint3333 - 10-12-2013 09:40 PM

Canjun express have you ever worn sunglasses indoors?

RE: What is happening at Appalachian? - lcitsh - 10-12-2013 09:44 PM

(10-12-2013 09:38 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  
(10-12-2013 09:36 PM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  I just figured a thread about APP ST deserved a response from App St posters unless this is the Rajun Cajun message board. I just feel it is common courtesy to let the fan base in question a chance to answer before everyone else jumps in. Thankyou.

It's an open forum.

Even more: this is a Sun Belt board and, technically, Appalachian State is not in the Sun Belt yet. If you want an answer from an Appalachian State fan, you might want to post on their board. If you want to post on a conference board, you can expect answers from conference members.

RE: What is happening at Appalachian? - CajunExpress - 10-12-2013 09:52 PM

(10-12-2013 09:40 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Canjun express have you ever worn sunglasses indoors?

Never ware sun glasses, not ever.

RE: What is happening at Appalachian? - Saint3333 - 10-12-2013 10:00 PM

Could have fooled me.