Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Brian Murphy / Bronco Beat chat today. AF out?
War Torn Ruston Offline
Banned

I Root For: Boise State
Brian Murphy / Bronco Beat chat today. AF out?
Bronco Beat writer says he thinks Air Force will say no. Said AF lost interest when the Army/16 team rejection came to play.
Target will certainly be a western team. Mentions Fresno, Tulsa, and UNLV to make Murphy happy.
BYU is apparently in their own little world. I bet a BYU deal only comes round if the Big East sells their soul to ESPN.

http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2012/11..._right_now
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2012 06:12 PM by War Torn Ruston.)
11-15-2012 04:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Oceana Tiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Brian Murphy / Bronco Beat chat today. BYU and AF out?
ECU!!!!!!!
11-15-2012 04:55 PM
War Torn Ruston Offline
Banned

Murphy also confirmed the Big East is talking with The Idaho Potato Bowl against a MAC opponent.
11-15-2012 04:59 PM
Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
Dont want any of those teams. UNLV is worse than Memphis and without bball they are worthless. Tulsa is OK, pretty good football team actually but can't see them getting any better than they currently are. Don't know much about fresno, though. Never cared about air force, don't think they are any better for the league than the other teams mentioned.
11-15-2012 05:01 PM
Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

(11-15-2012 04:59 PM)War Torn Ruston Wrote:  Murphy also confirmed the Big East is talking with The Idaho Potato Bowl against a MAC opponent.

is this a troll? 03-puke03-puke
11-15-2012 05:02 PM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
I am not really sure if Murphy knows anything more than we do on team number 14. He probably has better infomation in terms of BYU or Air Force but I can't see UNLV or Tulsa being added to the conference. Adding ECU allows the Big East to move Cincinnati and Louisville west.

East
Navy
ECU
Temple
UConn
Rutgers
USF
UCF

West
Cincy
Louisville
Houston
SMU
Memphis
Boise State
SDSU

This option has been brought up on the forums but you wonder if the conference has given it any thought.
11-15-2012 05:02 PM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
(11-15-2012 05:02 PM)bearcatlawjd Wrote:  I am not really sure if Murphy knows anything more than we do on team number 14. He probably has better infomation in terms of BYU or Air Force but I can't see UNLV or Tulsa being added to the conference. Adding ECU allows the Big East to move Cincinnati and Louisville west.

East
Navy
ECU
Temple
UConn
Rutgers
USF
UCF

West
Cincy
Louisville
Houston
SMU
Memphis
Boise State
SDSU

This option has been brought up on the forums but you wonder if the conference has given it any thought.

Several times in the past few weeks Aresco has mentioned specifically that UC and UL aren't truly "eastern teams" almost like there were plans to put both in the west.
11-15-2012 05:05 PM
Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

(11-15-2012 05:02 PM)bearcatlawjd Wrote:  I am not really sure if Murphy knows anything more than we do on team number 14. He probably has better infomation in terms of BYU or Air Force but I can't see UNLV or Tulsa being added to the conference. Adding ECU allows the Big East to move Cincinnati and Louisville west.

East
Navy
ECU
Temple
UConn
Rutgers
USF
UCF

West
Cincy
Louisville
Houston
SMU
Memphis
Boise State
SDSU

I would prefer this over any of the western options outside of BYU.
11-15-2012 05:06 PM
UpStreamRedTeam Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
(11-15-2012 04:44 PM)War Torn Ruston Wrote:  Bronco Beat writer says he thinks Air Force will say no. Said AF lost interest when the Army/16 team rejection came to play.
Target will certainly be a western team. Mentions Fresno, Tulsa, and UNLV to make Murphy happy.
BYU is apparently in their own little world. I bet a BYU deal only comes round if the Big East sells their soul to ESPN.

Well that's disappointing. If it is true that BYU and AF are off the table I can't imagine that they discussion will get past Fresno State. That should at least make SDSU happy.
11-15-2012 05:08 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Maybe this an indication on how the TV contract is REALLY going?? BYU is one thing, but why would Air Force be blowing us off too?
11-15-2012 05:08 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Ehhh. The comment isnt from Murphy, its from the other guy and its much more of an opinion than reporting somehting he is hearing. Also, the question he is asked is if he thinks Air Force will be #14 (so its kind of ssummed by the question that BYU says no---I dont get the feeling he knows anything new about BYU). Heres the actual quote.

Comment From Dave
What are the chances that Air Force is the 14th in your opinion? Fresno?
2:26

BroncoBeat:
If it's not BYU, I think a Fresno/Tulsa/UNLV type of team comes into play. I just don't think Air Force wants to do it. And now that they've said they'll stop at 14, that makes me think the idea of adding AF and Army wasn't going to work out.

He makes on other comment about BYU/Big East ealier. But its nothing earth shattering.

BroncoBeat:
I don't think the playoff system matters for BYU. Money/exposure matter, so it's going to depend on the TV deal. I think Boise State will be playing BYU on a yearly basis for a long time, conference or not. In terms of money, travel and strength of schedule, that game is too important to give up.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2012 05:25 PM by Attackcoog.)
11-15-2012 05:10 PM
Advertisement

NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
(11-15-2012 05:08 PM)UpStreamRedTeam Wrote:  
(11-15-2012 04:44 PM)War Torn Ruston Wrote:  Bronco Beat writer says he thinks Air Force will say no. Said AF lost interest when the Army/16 team rejection came to play.

Well that's disappointing. If it is true that BYU and AF are off the table I can't imagine that they discussion will get past Fresno State. That should at least make SDSU happy.

Should make everyone happy, they are a solid program. They have only one losing season in something crazy like twenty years. Not to mention a long running rivalry with Boisr AND they have beaten both Rutgers and Cincy recently.
11-15-2012 05:11 PM
War Torn Ruston Offline
Banned

(11-15-2012 05:02 PM)Knights_of_UCF Wrote:  
(11-15-2012 04:59 PM)War Torn Ruston Wrote:  Murphy also confirmed the Big East is talking with The Idaho Potato Bowl against a MAC opponent.

is this a troll? 03-puke03-puke

No. Go read it. They have mentioned it for weeks up here. I even told you all back when we were discussing bowls but I guess you all did not wanna hear it back then. They need someone to replace the WAC. It is Boise's stadium. That is money in the Big East pocket. And the Tater Bowl always gets good crowds. Something tells me you know next to nothing about it. Why have an opinion?
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2012 05:15 PM by War Torn Ruston.)
11-15-2012 05:12 PM
Wooglin157 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF Knights
Don't mind that bowl I guess. I just hope that is a bowl a western team gets sent to that has 6 wins.

Kind of like how the SEC treats the current Liberty Bowl.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2012 05:14 PM by Wooglin157.)
11-15-2012 05:14 PM
War Torn Ruston Offline
Banned

(11-15-2012 05:10 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Ehhh. The comment isnt from Murphy, its from the other guy and its and opinion much less than reporting somehting he is hearing. Also, the question he is asked is if BYU doesnt come, who is most likley, Heres the actual quote.

Comment From Dave

BroncoBeat:
If it's not BYU, I think a Fresno/Tulsa/UNLV type of team comes into play. I just don't think Air Force wants to do it. And now that they've said they'll stop at 14, that makes me think the idea of adding AF and Army wasn't going to work out.
To be fair that other guy is where Murphy gets his info. So his opinion is as good as Murphy's. They share each others material. The Tulsa thing was on ESPN a while back as a possible Big East player. Too many sources has brought Tulsa up for it to not have some merit.
11-15-2012 05:14 PM
EDLUVAR Offline
1st String

I Root For: Boise St.
Would this mean Navy may back out? Without AF it would make sense IMO. Get Fresno and UNLV and call it a day.
11-15-2012 05:21 PM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

(11-15-2012 05:14 PM)War Torn Ruston Wrote:  
(11-15-2012 05:10 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Ehhh. The comment isnt from Murphy, its from the other guy and its and opinion much less than reporting somehting he is hearing. Also, the question he is asked is if BYU doesnt come, who is most likley, Heres the actual quote.

Comment From Dave

BroncoBeat:
To be fair that other guy is where Murphy gets his info. So his opinion is as good as Murphy's. They share each others material. The Tulsa thing was on ESPN a while back as a possible Big East player. Too many sources has brought Tulsa up for it to not have some merit.

Im just saying that the other way to look at rumors of Air Force having less interest is because without going to 16--AF and BYU are not both getting in. If BYU says yes--Air Force isnt going anywhere. So, it is best if Air Force publically appears to prefer the MW for the time being. Personally, I can take or leave AF. Id actually be just fine if they said no--I think I actualy like Fresno better.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2012 05:24 PM by Attackcoog.)
11-15-2012 05:22 PM
War Torn Ruston Offline
Banned

(11-15-2012 05:21 PM)EDLUVAR Wrote:  Would this mean Navy may back out? Without AF it would make sense IMO. Get Fresno and UNLV and call it a day.

UNLV for football only? I know they are getting a nice new stadium but UNLV needs some serious work. But it would be nice to have UNLV and Fresno in the Big West for basketball.
11-15-2012 05:24 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
(11-15-2012 05:21 PM)EDLUVAR Wrote:  Would this mean Navy may back out? Without AF it would make sense IMO. Get Fresno and UNLV and call it a day.

Why would navy back out? They joined when Air Force originally declined. They then said when asked about how they would deal with the limited OOC slots that Notre Dame and Army were the only two games they need to play every year.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2012 05:25 PM by NJRedMan.)
kmcc505 Offline
2nd String

If that's the case, then I demand ECU be added. That'd be a fantastic football conference.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.