Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2017-18 Women's Basketball Thread
Bookmark and Share
Seahawk Nation 08 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
RE: 2017-18 Women's Basketball Thread
Rough loss at home for the Women's team last night, as we lost to Charleston, 72-63. That puts us in last place, as the Cougars improve to 2-11 and we fall to 1-11.

Weird game too. Not a single foul was called until 1:08 left in the first half. It was easily the fastest half of basketball I've ever seen in Trask Coliseum, for either the Men or Women. Both teams took a lot of 3's, so there weren't many legitimate opportunities for players to draw fouls, but even then, it was really amazing. Also, Charleston's Tanisha Brown finished 1 assist away from a triple-double, with 15 points, 15 boards, 9 assists and 3 blocks.

But as I mentioned in my previous post, help is on the way. Shrita Parker, a 5-7 Senior guard, averaged 12.1 points per game as a Junior at Rutgers and looks like the best of the incoming trio. Ashli Jeune, the other Rutgers transfer, redshirted two seasons due to injuries and is a bit of an unknown. She's a 5-10 guard. And Gigi Smith from ODU is also 5-10, and averaged a modest 5.9 ppg under Coach Barefoot in her 2 years there.

Also joining those three transfers on the sidelines is a relatively recent newcomer who isn't showing up on the roster yet. She's a tall forward that the coaching staff evidently found playing ball on campus. She'll be a walk-on that is eligible next season as well.
02-10-2018 11:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017-18 Women's Basketball Thread - Seahawk Nation 08 - 02-10-2018 11:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.