Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

USF with the number one transfer recruiting class in country
BullsFanInTX Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
USF with the number one transfer recruiting class in country
https://247sports.com/college/south-flor...177760505/

USF opens with 247Sports No. 1 transfer class

With the NCAA Transfer Portal quickly becoming one of the most integral parts of recruiting - the 247Sports team introduced two new sets of rankings to go along with the traditional recruit (high school/JUCO/post-grad) team rankings.

The two new sets of rankings include a "Transfer Team Rankings" that focuses solely on Division I transfers into a university and an "Overall Team Rankings" which takes the traditional recruit rankings and combines that with the transfer rankings to create a holistic look at every team's class of newcomers.

For more information on how it all works, please click here for a continued explanation from 247Sports' Trey Scott.

With the new rankings in both the transfer and overall recruiting rankings officially unveiled - there is one team that opens above the rest in college football.

The USF Bulls.

That's right. With eight Division I transfer commitments already on the books for Jeff Scott and his coaching staff, the Bulls open with the No. 1 transfer class in the country with a score of 30.14, nearly nine full points higher than second-place Michigan State (21.57). That only includes six transfers at the moment - as former Wake Forest defensive tackle James Ash is still awaiting a transfer ranking, so the Bulls lead could slightly expand in the coming days.

The transfer class is headlined by several Tampa Bay area products that have already announced their intention to transfer home. Ash, a Chamberlain High (Tampa, Fla.) product was the first of the bunch to do that on Nov. 10. Armwood High (Seffner, Fla.) product defensive lineman Clyde Pinder Jr. announced just 19 days later that he would be joining Ash in Tampa after they took an official visit together earlier in the month. Pinder Jr. joins USF from North Carolina. Another Armwood product, safety Aamaris Brown, a Kansas State transfer, was the latest to announce his transfer in on Sunday, along with UCF interior offensive lineman Mike Lofton, a Calvary Christian (Clearwater, Fla.) alumnus.

Joining those four was former Temple defensive lineman Nick Bags, who was the first transfer commitment the Bulls received this recruiting cycle on Nov. 5. USF also picked up transfer commitments from former Clemson running back Michel Dukes, North Carolina wide receive Khafre Brown and Virginia Tech interior offensive lineman Derrell Bailey Jr. to round out the transfer class thus far with still another week to go until the early signing period begins.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2021 06:18 PM by BullsFanInTX.)
12-08-2021 06:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

RE: USF with the number one transfer recruiting class in country
I am happy to see those Bay Area guys return. USF needs players that can play right now in certain spots such as DLine, we need them now and not two years from now. That’s where the transfers come in, it worked well for SMU. Looking forward to next year.
12-08-2021 06:19 PM
CLTPirate Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU
How tf did you guys get 7 transfers so fast?

Hopefully for you guys it'll hold up once everyone else gets their transfers in
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2021 12:08 AM by CLTPirate.)
12-09-2021 12:07 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Ahhh. The Sonny Dykes Method.
12-09-2021 12:17 AM
vcoog Offline
All American

I Root For: UH
Won’t win and if they do there will be no one there to see them. But congrats you have a link to post.
12-09-2021 12:50 AM
Noise Penalty Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UCF
Portal giveth and the portal taketh away. The new college football mantra. Better than the previous JUCO methods. Wonder how the portal has affected their business model
12-09-2021 08:49 AM
Advertisement

Kandy Atz Offline
1st String

I Root For: Mustangs
Did they each bring a 12-pack of Dr Pepper?
12-09-2021 09:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

Definitely recruiting has changed. You now have Freshmen- JUCOs and Transfers. How you navigate all three will determine your success or lack of. You must now keep your players and work on getting new ones and obviously they will not all fit into your system. Is a risk just like any other, highly touted freshmen sometimes do not pan out.
We are now up to 8 but have also lost 7. Those leaving hopefully find more success elsewhere and hopefully the incoming will help the team.
In our case we have immediate needs in DLine etc that need to be addressed now an incoming freshmen in that position usually takes a few years to be able to fit in.
12-09-2021 09:22 AM
Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

(12-09-2021 12:50 AM)vcoog Wrote:  Won’t win and if they do there will be no one there to see them. But congrats you have a link to post.

There must always be a few haters in every post. 03-lmfao
12-09-2021 09:23 AM
Noise Penalty Offline
2nd String

Historically it seemed that JUCOs were a much more of a gamble. The portal transfers seem to be more stable and maybe have better film to evaluate against legitimate opposition. It will be interesting to the see how the portal will eventually change how the freshman, particularly those who are underrated or under the radar are recruited. Where teams might have been willing to take a chance on a Freshman, do they now fill that void with a portal transfer.
12-09-2021 09:43 AM
Noise Penalty Offline
2nd String

(12-09-2021 09:23 AM)Cubanbull1 Wrote:  
(12-09-2021 12:50 AM)vcoog Wrote:  Won’t win and if they do there will be no one there to see them. But congrats you have a link to post.

There must always be a few haters in every post. 03-lmfao

Please note that he is NOT a UCF fan
12-09-2021 09:45 AM
Advertisement

Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

(12-09-2021 09:43 AM)Noise Penalty Wrote:  Historically it seemed that JUCOs were a much more of a gamble. The portal transfers seem to be more stable and maybe have better film to evaluate against legitimate opposition. It will be interesting to the see how the portal will eventually change how the freshman, particularly those who are underrated or under the radar are recruited. Where teams might have been willing to take a chance on a Freshman, do they now fill that void with a portal transfer.

The Transfer Portal has become important and will remain so as long as it allows immediate playing time. That was what kept transfers in past in check.
It can help but also hurt. You can now have a kid that was a star at a nonPower conference moving on to a Power team, so the head coach will have to constantly be recruiting it’s own players to stay. Of course those nonPower teams can get talent that were not getting enough time in a loaded Power team.
12-09-2021 09:47 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(12-08-2021 06:17 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  https://247sports.com/college/south-flor...177760505/

USF opens with 247Sports No. 1 transfer class

This is good, but our talent level has never really wavered that much over the past three+ sucky years. We're exhibit "A" as to how much coaching matters.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2021 09:48 AM by quo vadis.)
12-09-2021 09:47 AM
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
The thing is, on average all of those transfers have 3 years of playing time left. The real upside is several have already 2 years of college conditioning already. Our coach got some really high rated players in positions of need.

Add in our new DC and we will be significantly better next year.

Plus, he’s not done. Coach has said he has a couple silent commits. That’s not internet chatter. Straight from the coach but it has been speculated as to who they are and they will be valuable additions too. Both 4 star, which would give us 4/5 in this transfer period.
12-09-2021 10:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
indydoug Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cincinnati
Great to hear. Now more than ever the AAC needs a strong USF.
12-09-2021 10:53 AM
Noise Penalty Offline
2nd String

The portal thing being new I think the jury is still out on how transfers are evaluated in terms of recruiting. Clearly this is going to play a major role from hereon out. It seems like people are still hung up on initial star ratings when looking at them which I think is wrong. There are some really great players who were underrated out of high school playing at the FCS level who enter the portal.

Did usf have any portal contributors this season? If so where did they come from and were they successful? It would be interesting to see where the portal players from the teams worked and where it did not.
12-09-2021 10:57 AM
Advertisement

ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
UCF benefited greatly from the transfer portal in Malzahn's first season.

Jeff Scott needs more wins quick or usf is going to fire him.
12-09-2021 11:11 AM
Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

(12-09-2021 10:57 AM)Noise Penalty Wrote:  The portal thing being new I think the jury is still out on how transfers are evaluated in terms of recruiting. Clearly this is going to play a major role from hereon out. It seems like people are still hung up on initial star ratings when looking at them which I think is wrong. There are some really great players who were underrated out of high school playing at the FCS level who enter the portal.

Did usf have any portal contributors this season? If so where did they come from and were they successful? It would be interesting to see where the portal players from the teams worked and where it did not.

First off right now Transfers are not rated equally to freshmen. Also they aren’t using their HS rankings on them, they are usually rated much lower unless they had big success at their old school which most likely they wouldn’t be transferring then. So really a player successful at USF moving to North Carolina would have his rankings go up as opposed to a non starter at NC transferring to USF.
It is all a crap shoot just as freshmen highly rated might not contribute much once on campus and vise versa.
USF last year had some good and not so good results
Good
Jared Mangham from Colorado became leading rusher 683 yds 15 TDS
Matthew Hill from LSU started 10 games at CB and was one of leading tacklers
Dollison from Oregon caught 22 passes 191 yds
Gregory from Ole Miss caught 9 passes 147 yds. He is actually transferring

Then we have
Fortin QB NC started lost job now transferring
Williams QB Miami never saw field transferring
Stewart DE Miss St. injured all year transferring

So some pan out, some do not. Just like freshmen
12-09-2021 11:11 AM
Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

(12-09-2021 11:11 AM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  UCF benefited greatly from the transfer portal in Malzahn's first season.

Jeff Scott needs more wins quick or usf is going to fire him.

Scott does need to win. But if he gets 4-5 wins next year he won’t be fired. The school likes what he is doing off the field with the team, so as long as he shows progress he will not be fired.
12-09-2021 11:13 AM
Noise Penalty Offline
2nd String

(12-09-2021 11:11 AM)Cubanbull1 Wrote:  
(12-09-2021 10:57 AM)Noise Penalty Wrote:  The portal thing being new I think the jury is still out on how transfers are evaluated in terms of recruiting. Clearly this is going to play a major role from hereon out. It seems like people are still hung up on initial star ratings when looking at them which I think is wrong. There are some really great players who were underrated out of high school playing at the FCS level who enter the portal.

First off right now Transfers are not rated equally to freshmen. Also they aren’t using their HS rankings on them, they are usually rated much lower unless they had big success at their old school which most likely they wouldn’t be transferring then. So really a player successful at USF moving to North Carolina would have his rankings go up as opposed to a non starter at NC transferring to USF.
It is all a crap shoot just as freshmen highly rated might not contribute much once on campus and vise versa.
USF last year had some good and not so good results
Good
Jared Mangham from Colorado became leading rusher 683 yds 15 TDS
Matthew Hill from LSU started 10 games at CB and was one of leading tacklers
Dollison from Oregon caught 22 passes 191 yds
Gregory from Ole Miss caught 9 passes 147 yds. He is actually transferring

Then we have
Fortin QB NC started lost job now transferring
Williams QB Miami never saw field transferring
Stewart DE Miss St. injured all year transferring

So some pan out, some do not. Just like freshmen

I think for UCF the portal was key. Without it we would have really suffered.

Good
Isaiah Bowser : Northwestern: Top rusher
Big Cat Bryant: Auburn
Bryson Armstrong: FCS Kennesaw State; Top Tackler
Brandon Johnson: Tennessee
Mark Anthony Richards: Auburn

Not Good
Joey Gatewood: QB Kentucky
Jordan Johnson: WR Notre Dame. 5 star did not see the field
Hirkley Latu: BYU: did not see the field

As injured as we were all year, if the transfers did not see the field there was something really wrong IMO.

The Portal is going to change things dramatically. It is why you continue to bring a highly rated player to campus even after he has committed to another program. These relationships will be key. Is Scott looking at any Clemson guys he had relationships with while he was there?
12-09-2021 11:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.