Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Majority of Republicans Vote Against Ukraine Aid
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
Majority of Republicans Vote Against Ukraine Aid
Quote:The House of Representatives on Saturday passed a more than $60 billion bill to provide military and economic aid to Ukraine.

A solid majority of Republicans voted against the bill, which passed by a 311-112 margin. 101 Republicans voted for it, and one Republican, Rep. Dan Meuser of Pennsylvania, voted "present."

The Ukraine aid bill came to the floor after months of delay and despite staunch opposition from the hard right, including a threat from Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene to call a vote to oust House Speaker Mike Johnson if he allowed such a vote.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...r-AA1nmjSP

it's never the hard left ...
profligate spending ...

CITY OF THIEVES
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2024 02:15 PM by green.)
04-20-2024 02:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Majority of Republicans Vote Against Ukraine Aid
Just 1 more reason to hate every democrat in America
04-20-2024 02:43 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
311-112. Nearly half of the Republicans voted for the measure—-which is about what I expected. This is why I’ve always said it was stupid politicaliy to pick this hill to die on—and its why Johnson threw in the towel. Still think he played this badly as he squandered an opportunity to get something in exchange (like border security measures)
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2024 05:35 PM by Attackcoog.)
04-20-2024 05:34 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State

[Image: GLoOvPVWgAAVhAm?format=jpg&name=small]
04-20-2024 05:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
(04-20-2024 05:34 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  311-112. Nearly half of the Republicans voted for the measure—-which is about what I expected. This is why I’ve always said it was stupid politicaliy to pick this hill to die on—and its why Johnson threw in the towel. Still think he played this badly as he squandered an opportunity to get something in exchange (like border security measures)

They don’t want border security measures.
04-20-2024 07:01 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(04-20-2024 07:01 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  
(04-20-2024 05:34 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  311-112. Nearly half of the Republicans voted for the measure—-which is about what I expected. This is why I’ve always said it was stupid politicaliy to pick this hill to die on—and its why Johnson threw in the towel. Still think he played this badly as he squandered an opportunity to get something in exchange (like border security measures)

Seventy percent of the US voters want border security. The so called “bipartisan compromise border security bill” did little more than normalize the current record level of illegal immigration and kinda pinky promised it wouldn’t get any worse. It was a pitiful “compromise” negotiated by perhaps the dumbest Republican to ever walk the earth. Just return to the Trump “remain in Mexico” policy and you can massively reduce illegal immigration almost instantaneously. It’s not complicated and it requires no legislation. Biden broke it all by himself and he can fix it all by himself by simply reinstating the old Trump policies he foolishly nullified with a simple executive order.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2024 07:15 PM by Attackcoog.)
04-20-2024 07:12 PM
Advertisement

boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Greene should shut her tough-talking mouth. "Majority of Republicans" voted against this bill"...while technically true, the truth is 112 voted against it while 101 voted FOR it. Why couldn't Greene rally more Republicans to vote NO?

Better yet, why can't Green quit talking such a tough game and lead by example? She should step up and be SOH and show us how TOUGH she is.

Typical BS theatrics. It doesn't matter who the SOH is.....they all cave and give away BILLIONS FOR HORSESH1T reasons.

CONTINUE TO TOLERATE OUR TAX DOLLARS BEING DISTRIBUTED AROUND THE GLOBE.
04-20-2024 07:20 PM
andybible1995 Offline
All American

I Root For: TN, MTSU, MD
(04-20-2024 07:20 PM)boss man Wrote:  Greene should shut her tough-talking mouth. "Majority of Republicans" voted against this bill"...while technically true, the truth is 112 voted against it while 101 voted FOR it. Why couldn't Greene rally more Republicans to vote NO?

Better yet, why can't Green quit talking such a tough game and lead by example? She should step up and be SOH and show us how TOUGH she is.

Typical BS theatrics. It doesn't matter who the SOH is.....they all cave and give away BILLIONS FOR HORSESH1T reasons.

MTG is an idiot. She's no different than AOC. I can't stand her and Boebert. I hope they both lose reelection.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2024 09:26 PM by andybible1995.)
04-20-2024 07:23 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
Primary every one of these sorry Republicans.
04-20-2024 07:31 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(04-20-2024 07:12 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

Seventy percent of the US voters want border security. The so called “bipartisan compromise border security bill” did little more than normalize the current record level of illegal immigration and kinda pinky promised it wouldn’t get any worse. It was a pitiful “compromise” negotiated by perhaps the dumbest Republican to ever walk the earth. Just return to the Trump “remain in Mexico” policy and you can massively reduce illegal immigration almost instantaneously. It’s not complicated and it requires no legislation. Biden broke it all by himself and he can fix it all by himself by simply reinstating the old Trump policies he foolishly nullified with a simple executive order.

Why McConnell is the leader who needs to be replaced.

Dems were willing to sacrifice Ukraine and Israel in order to keep open borders. Tells you about what is important to them. Its not Americans.
04-20-2024 07:56 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(04-20-2024 07:20 PM)boss man Wrote:  Greene should shut her tough-talking mouth. "Majority of Republicans" voted against this bill"...while technically true, the truth is 112 voted against it while 101 voted FOR it. Why couldn't Greene rally more Republicans to vote NO?

She's the Republican version of the squad. We have stupid people also.
04-20-2024 07:57 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Good. Frick Ukraine.

We have our own damn problems.
04-20-2024 08:20 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(04-20-2024 07:57 PM)bullet Wrote:  

While I disagree with her on this bill—-I agree with her far more than I disagree. My concern is Republicans need to prioritize issues where the vast majority Republicans agree on rather than these issues where we can barely muster a majority within our own party—-much less a majority in the entire House.
04-20-2024 09:23 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(04-20-2024 09:23 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

While I disagree with her on this bill—-I agree with her far more than I disagree. My concern is Republicans need to prioritize issues where the vast majority Republicans agree on rather than these issues where we can barely muster a majority within our own party—-much less a majority in the entire House.

You could agree with Biden on the issues but it would still be hard to deny he is stupid
04-20-2024 10:41 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
All I see is Johnson got billions of our dollars for foreign aid, and we got nothing to seal the border. **** deal, any way you look at it.
04-20-2024 11:43 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(04-20-2024 10:41 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(04-20-2024 09:23 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

You could agree with Biden on the issues but it would still be hard to deny he is stupid

lol. Point taken. 04-cheers
04-21-2024 01:24 AM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

[Image: 8nhs32.jpg]
04-21-2024 03:18 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

[Image: 3474cd531892975f.jpg]
04-21-2024 04:10 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Patient and doesn't gaf ^^^.07-coffee3
04-21-2024 06:25 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

For once, you're right. The left doesn't want a secure border.
04-21-2024 06:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.