Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Covid strikes again.
Bookmark and Share
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Covid strikes again.
My wife lost both her parents within a month in November. She didn’t think she could deal with Christmas morning without them for the first time in her life. So she and I took a relaxing trip to Charleston. Loved it…..but

I picked up Covid somewhere along the way. No Liberty Bowl and not likely for APSU. Thank goodness for chicken soup, big screen tvs and remote controls.

Happy New Year to all. Bright sky’s and joyful experiences for you all.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2023 01:53 PM by Tigerx3.)
12-29-2023 01:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

danny1 Offline
All American

RE: Covid strikes again.
(12-29-2023 01:51 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  My wife lost both her parents within a month in November. She didn’t think she could deal with Christmas morning without them for the first time in her life. So she and I took a relaxing trip to Charleston. Loved it…..but

I picked up Covid somewhere along the way. No Liberty Bowl and not likely for APSU. Thank goodness for chicken soup, big screen tvs and remote controls.

Man! Sorry to hear about your wife’s parents and your illness. Feel better soon. I wish y’all a Happy and Blessed New Year!
12-29-2023 02:04 PM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-29-2023 02:04 PM)danny1 Wrote:  
(12-29-2023 01:51 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  My wife lost both her parents within a month in November. She didn’t think she could deal with Christmas morning without them for the first time in her life. So she and I took a relaxing trip to Charleston. Loved it…..but

Man! Sorry to hear about your wife’s parents and your illness. Feel better soon. I wish y’all a Happy and Blessed New Year!

Thanks for your comments. Covid will be whipped.

They were 91 and 93 so long, productive, lives as servants to all they came across. We celebrated their lives but losing both in such a short time May have been perfect for them just hard on family and friends.
12-29-2023 02:12 PM
Keeper Offline
All American

I have had 5 Covid vaccines and boosters, and have not contracted the disease yet. I have friends who have had their's also who have had covid subsequent. One of whom has had covid 3 times. It is still more deadly than the flu, and will probably be with us from here on out. My condolences for the loss of your father & mother-in-law, and hope you will be up in time for the run to the title in basketball.
12-29-2023 02:15 PM
msu35 Offline
Observing Reality

I Root For: Truffles

I'm incredibly sorry to hear about your wife's loss. I can't even imagine what that would be like. Prayers for her and am hopeful you will enjoy a swift recovery.
12-29-2023 02:19 PM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
Sorry for your losses. Hope you get to feeling better soon!
12-29-2023 05:06 PM
Advertisement

EvilLore Offline
Caligula of the Toy Department

I Root For: Tiger blood
Praying for your family. Please take care.
12-29-2023 05:07 PM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(12-29-2023 02:15 PM)Keeper Wrote:  I have had 5 Covid vaccines and boosters, and have not contracted the disease yet. I have friends who have had their's also who have had covid subsequent. One of whom has had covid 3 times. It is still more deadly than the flu, and will probably be with us from here on out. My condolences for the loss of your father & mother-in-law, and hope you will be up in time for the run to the title in basketball.

I made sure my mom and myself at least got the first two.

We contracted it earlier in year but thanks to vaccines it was minor case.

Lost two sets of Aunts and Uncles that were antivaxers.

It's not going away.

Just like the flu we will have a new variant every year.
12-29-2023 05:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Crazier Offline
All American

(12-29-2023 05:30 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  
(12-29-2023 02:15 PM)Keeper Wrote:  I have had 5 Covid vaccines and boosters, and have not contracted the disease yet. I have friends who have had their's also who have had covid subsequent. One of whom has had covid 3 times. It is still more deadly than the flu, and will probably be with us from here on out. My condolences for the loss of your father & mother-in-law, and hope you will be up in time for the run to the title in basketball.

It's not going away.

People out here like you still exist? People who died were going to die with or without the vaccine. I had the virus twice unvaccinated, second time was a breeze.
12-29-2023 05:51 PM
TylerTiger Offline
The Fountainhead

(12-29-2023 05:51 PM)Crazier Wrote:  

It's not going away.

People out here like you still exist? People who died were going to die with or without the vaccine. I had the virus twice unvaccinated, second time was a breeze.

Bold to suggest “people who died were going to die with or without” based entirely on some hypothetical you’ve conspired to create to make yourself feel better about your position but, each to their own.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2023 05:58 PM by TylerTiger.)
12-29-2023 05:58 PM
Crazier Offline
All American

(12-29-2023 05:58 PM)TylerTiger Wrote:  

It's not going away.

Bold to suggest “people who died were going to die with or without” based entirely on some hypothetical you’ve conspired to create to make yourself feel better about your position but, each to their own.

Did that hurt your feelings? This how I know most people are still reading information from 2021 about the shots. There's a reason the federal government back off the shots.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2023 06:04 PM by Crazier.)
12-29-2023 06:02 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

My wife and I got the flu a couple of weeks ago, and we are still recovering.

My 80 year old mom got covid a few days ago, and noone would have known had she not been tested when she was admitted for something entirely different.
12-29-2023 07:30 PM
TylerTiger Offline
The Fountainhead

(12-29-2023 06:02 PM)Crazier Wrote:  
(12-29-2023 05:58 PM)TylerTiger Wrote:  

It's not going away.

Did that hurt your feelings? This how I know most people are still reading information from 2021 about the shots. There's a reason the federal government back off the shots.

Didn’t hurt my feelings. Just think you’re an imbecile pulling crap out of your hat due to your lack of education. There is a reason - 70%+ are vaccinated and at least 80% have one shot. Herd immunity can handle the rest - like most vaccines tend to do. Now we just deal with updated vaccines like the Flu.

Now, go enjoy the win. I know I shall. Happy New Year!
12-29-2023 07:33 PM
TigersRuleAll Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Why the eff is anyone still taking a covid test?
12-29-2023 07:40 PM
TylerTiger Offline
The Fountainhead

(12-29-2023 07:40 PM)TigersRuleAll Wrote:  Why the eff is anyone still taking a covid test?

Probably the same reasons people still get flu tests - to identify an illness so it can be treated.
12-29-2023 07:42 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(12-29-2023 07:42 PM)TylerTiger Wrote:  
(12-29-2023 07:40 PM)TigersRuleAll Wrote:  Why the eff is anyone still taking a covid test?

Probably the same reasons people still get flu tests - to identify an illness so it can be treated.

Let's bring this back to reality.

My mom has covid, likely got it from a home health nurse. I am her primary caregiver, and am directly in her face multiple times per day. I dont have covid. I did get covid early in 2020, and am likely still immune. I didnt dare screw that immunity up with the fake vax and boosters.

My mom, due to her age, got the vax and booster. And got covid.

The fake vaxxes and booster have proven a person to MORE LIKELY to get covid variants than those who are unvaxxed. Thats a hideously bad result for something thats supposed to be a vax. (Its not really a vax, but they did change the definition of a vax so it could be called that. ) However, the proof is in the pudding, otherwise known as people getting covid who have had the vax.

WHy, after all of the results that have been seen, and young people dropping with heart conditions, anyone thinks this vax is good for anyone under the age of 50 is beyond me.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2023 07:50 PM by UofMstateU.)
12-29-2023 07:49 PM
Advertisement

Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

It's not going away.

Read the room crazy. Don’t let the thread deteriorate to insults.
12-29-2023 08:01 PM
TylerTiger Offline
The Fountainhead

(12-29-2023 07:49 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(12-29-2023 07:42 PM)TylerTiger Wrote:  

Let's bring this back to reality.

My mom has covid, likely got it from a home health nurse. I am her primary caregiver, and am directly in her face multiple times per day. I dont have covid. I did get covid early in 2020, and am likely still immune. I didnt dare screw that immunity up with the fake vax and boosters.

My mom, due to her age, got the vax and booster. And got covid.

The fake vaxxes and booster have proven a person to MORE LIKELY to get covid variants than those who are unvaxxed. Thats a hideously bad result for something thats supposed to be a vax. (Its not really a vax, but they did change the definition of a vax so it could be called that. ) However, the proof is in the pudding, otherwise known as people getting covid who have had the vax.

WHy, after all of the results that have been seen, and young people dropping with heart conditions, anyone thinks this vax is good for anyone under the age of 50 is beyond me.

First, good for you.

Secondly, they’re not fake or proven more likely to get covid than those who are unvaxxed. There are more people who are vaxxed which equates to those who get covid are more likely to be vaxxed to some level (and they die at a less rate than the unvax). So yes, more people vaxed equals more vaxxed people means the likelihood is covid will infect a vaxxed person due to the percentages.

Thirdly, young people have been dropping dead with heart conditions for years prior to covid at high rates as well. But your recency bias and your political bubble ignore those realities.

Fourthly, I don’t think anyone should get vaxxed if they don’t want to and if you think it will put you in more danger then don’t. Getting covid gives you a higher change and worse outcome for heart problems but there can be a risk (more minimal with the vaccine). I don’t believe you should be forced.

But finally: We do tests to figure out illnesses. We can treat covid now with anti-virals like we do with the flu. Thank humanity for giving us the scientific ability to test illnesses. Outside of that, do you do, my friend. As long as we all pull together and survive - that’s all that really matters.
12-29-2023 08:01 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
My condolences for your spouse’s loss and I hope you recover quickly.
12-29-2023 08:02 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

My condolences to your family, that's a terrible tragedy. I hope you have a mild case and get well soon. It's no fun. I had it bad in early 2020 and I feel like it literally aged me 10 years. I've had it 3 times since and none were worse than a cold.
12-29-2023 08:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.