Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sooo…how’s basketball going so far?
Bookmark and Share
APPdiesel Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
Sooo…how’s basketball going so far?
App has started 5-2 with a HUGE sold out home game vs Auburn Sunday at 1 on ESPN2. Auburn is elite, gonna be tough to keep this one close but it’ll be fun to watch nonetheless.

It’s been fascinating to watch the year over year transition in Dustin Kerns’ personnel and offensive scheme.
11-30-2023 01:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: Sooo…how’s basketball going so far?
Absolutely god awful for Astate lol

But I still like the hire in Hodges; it just take growing pains this season to get more competitive in the future
11-30-2023 01:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
Not great at 3-4 but, we played the first several games with an 8 man roster. Not even sure if we are at full team yet.

At Texas tonight. 03-banghead
11-30-2023 02:07 PM
Dukes_Royals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: James Madison University
Been a good start for JMU and could create another tricky head coach situation for us if we keep on winning this year.

Oddly rooting for App State in their games so we have a better chance at a few Top 100 NET games during conference play.
11-30-2023 02:10 PM
DirtyDukes Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud!
[Image: giphy.gif]
11-30-2023 02:10 PM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
hoping App, Louisiana, ODU and others have a great year...work that SOR
11-30-2023 02:11 PM
Advertisement

TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
What’s basketball?
11-30-2023 02:15 PM
BirdofParadise Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Cajuns are 5-2 with a lackluster win over a bad Buffalo team, but a solid win over Long Beach State.

Blew a 16 point lead at Toledo and lost vs. Wright State after Preseason 1st team all conference G Themus Fulks went out with an injury. Cajuns first five can play pretty well, but this team currently lacks quality depth. (But they're getting better.)
11-30-2023 02:19 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
I don't do roundball.. Now I'll watch some bowl games and the NFL and wait on baseball season.
11-30-2023 02:25 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
BB is something to keep the important athletes on campus in shape in the winter ain't it. Wish I sold peach baskets to the team!
11-30-2023 02:43 PM
Eagleyed Offline
1st String

I Root For: USM
It's not looking too good for much of the Sun Belt. Maybe App State and Louisiana will have a good run. Still early and I'd say most other teams have a chance of being decent. Minus Coastal. They stink this year. But, it seems it's JMU's conference now until the tourney.
11-30-2023 03:18 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
We're 2-5, First few games were expected given we're playing only 3 home games in OOC play this year, but then we played like garbage Tuesday and lost to Jackson State at home, and that was not expected. Go to UALR Friday, and they are apparently good as well.

Our issue is we have zero size. Getting killed on the boards by every team we play and have no one to even really pass to on the low blocks. We essentially run 4 guards and an outside shooting forward right now and shoot a lot of 3's. If those shots aren't going in, we're in trouble.

We've recruited well for next year, so hopefully this is a one year blip in the rebuild.
11-30-2023 03:24 PM
Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

I Root For: Troy Trojans
We’re 3-4 but 2 of our losses have been by 1 point and a third by 2 points. Hoping it gets better though.
11-30-2023 03:32 PM
Eagleholic Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
Southern Miss is off to a disappointing start. We lost our best returning PG (an all conference type player), Nefta Alvarez, before the season started to injury. He may or may not try to return to play this season. He began last season injured, and then the team really improved a good bit when he was healthy. He was then injured again in the final minutes of our last regular season game that clinched the Sun Belt regular season title and missed our game in the Sun Belt Tourney and NIT.

The Golden Eagles are also awaiting word from the NCAA on the eligibility of transfer, Andre Curbelo. He is also a point guard who has played at Illinois (Big 10 Sixth Man of the Year and Big 10 All Freshman team as a frehsman) and St Johns.

Both of those guys are creators with the basketball in their hands and good assist men with the ability to score. Getting either of those back would really improve the offensive performance of this team and help the depth. Getting both of them back would put the Golden Eagles back into contention for the Sun Belt Title. Not getting either back most likely means this team will finish in the middle area of the conference.
11-30-2023 03:55 PM
sdcritter Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
I wouldn't say stAte is a hot mess but they're close. It's about what you expect from a first year head coach and a roster made up of guys who mostly didn't know each other until this year.
11-30-2023 04:23 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
The transfer portal absolutely gutted our team.
11-30-2023 04:49 PM
Advertisement

CW Fishman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ragin Cajuns
(11-30-2023 02:19 PM)BirdofParadise Wrote:  Cajuns are 5-2 with a lackluster win over a bad Buffalo team, but a solid win over Long Beach State.

Blew a 16 point lead at Toledo and lost vs. Wright State after Preseason 1st team all conference G Themus Fulks went out with an injury. Cajuns first five can play pretty well, but this team currently lacks quality depth. (But they're getting better.)

Just an addendum to what Jay said: I don't know how the season will turn out, but they are a fun team to watch. With a mostly guard team, they are fast paced, and play good defense. At times, they are really deadly on the outside shots. They tied the previous record for 3 point shots in 2 games this season with 18 each game. The sad thing is that so far, no one has been at the games, but I am hoping that will change in January. Some people don't come to games because they hate Coach Marlin. I hope JMU can stay in the rankings because that game in January could bring in some of our missing fanbase.
11-30-2023 06:34 PM
WARDAWG93 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM Warhawks
ULM has started 3-3. Lost to 1 fantastic team (Houston) Lost to decent latech and SMU but at least made them work for it. Beat 2 moderately respectable teams in Central Michigan and NWSt and 1 pickup team from the corner of Thompson St and Emma up here in Springdale. I think it's going to be much like last season in that we will have some successes and beat a few teams we probably shouldn't and the fall off the cliff about 1/2 to 3/4 through conference.
11-30-2023 07:02 PM
Dukes94 Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
I’ll tell you how it’s going. You bunch of crap sacks need to pick it up, that’s how.
11-30-2023 07:24 PM
mturn017 Online
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
I’d like to have that Ball St game back, that’s a game we should have won. Gave Arkansas all they wanted and boatraced by a good Princeton team. Two decent wins against Drexel & Radford. Definitely better than last year, a lot more talent on the floor but not a complete team at this point. Whether they’ll coalesce into a good team remains to be seen. Betting man would say the Monarchs are going to watch another season of rollercoaster performance from a team that falls short of its potential yet you can’t help but root for. But I’m optimistic.
11-30-2023 08:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.