Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Day WMU at EMU October 28 2023
Bookmark and Share
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Game Day WMU at EMU October 28 2023
I will be at the game. We really need to win this one and at least two more to be bowl eligible in my opinion. CC teams have a habit of turning it the last 4 or 5 games in the past see last season for example.
10-27-2023 04:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Sellers dweller Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU
RE: Game Day WMU at EMU October 28 2023
(10-27-2023 04:08 AM)emu79 Wrote:  I will be at the game. We really need to win this one and at least two more to be bowl eligible in my opinion. CC teams have a habit of turning it the last 4 or 5 games in the past see last season for example.

We only need two more wins to become bowl eligible. As long as we (or any team for that matter) are 6-6 I'm very confident we will be in a bowl...heck it was either last December or the year before they literally made up a bowl game out of thin air so that all 6-6 or better teams got to play in a bowl. Then there are years they put 5-7 teams in because they don't have enough 6-6 teams. The MAC also has eight bowl tie-ins and it's looking like they might have a difficult time filling all those.

I am excited for the game! I know we are all a bit disappointed these last four games we aren't fighting to punch our ticket to the MAC championship game, but we are still playing meaningful games to try and reach the postseason...when I take a step back and think about it like that...I'll never be upset about that for Eastern Michigan football.

I was thinking about the game and had a few thoughts. First, I think we have all basically shifted focus to getting to 6-6 and making a bowl with anything over that as icing on the cake. If you were to take all the elements out of it (like where the game is, weather, injuries, etc.) and just said rank our last four opponents in terms of who you think is the toughest to beat, I'd go:

1. Toledo
2. Buffalo
3. Western Michigan
4. Akron

I bring that up because there are two things all our wins and losses have in common; all our wins are at home AND we score first, all our losses are on the road AND the other team scores first.

So I think, with the 6-6 goal in mind, that it's probably a good thing the two...easiest, worst (I hate to call any of these games that because they'll all be tough) teams are both at home.

For tomorrow I think the key is to get out to an early lead and hope the defense does it's thing. We have all broken down Austin's issues enough we don't need to do it again....we all know what he can and can't do at this point. I do bring up the scoring first thing though, because his style and skill-set is not conducive to from playing from behind. Even in the NIU game, they scored first and yeah we took the lead later but couldn't hold it.

Score first, play solid D, and I think we have a great shot!
10-27-2023 06:42 AM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
I’ll see you there, 79. I’ll be the one in the green fedora.

Maybe we could talk about the basketball team that will be lucky to win 10 games this year?
10-27-2023 11:25 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(10-27-2023 11:25 AM)holybovine Wrote:  I’ll see you there, 79. I’ll be the one in the green fedora.

Maybe we could talk about the basketball team that will be lucky to win 10 games this year?

Love to meet. Send me private message where you are sitting.
10-27-2023 02:09 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(10-27-2023 06:42 AM)Sellers dweller Wrote:  
(10-27-2023 04:08 AM)emu79 Wrote:  I will be at the game. We really need to win this one and at least two more to be bowl eligible in my opinion. CC teams have a habit of turning it the last 4 or 5 games in the past see last season for example.

We only need two more wins to become bowl eligible. As long as we (or any team for that matter) are 6-6 I'm very confident we will be in a bowl...heck it was either last December or the year before they literally made up a bowl game out of thin air so that all 6-6 or better teams got to play in a bowl. Then there are years they put 5-7 teams in because they don't have enough 6-6 teams. The MAC also has eight bowl tie-ins and it's looking like they might have a difficult time filling all those.

I am excited for the game! I know we are all a bit disappointed these last four games we aren't fighting to punch our ticket to the MAC championship game, but we are still playing meaningful games to try and reach the postseason...when I take a step back and think about it like that...I'll never be upset about that for Eastern Michigan football.

I was thinking about the game and had a few thoughts. First, I think we have all basically shifted focus to getting to 6-6 and making a bowl with anything over that as icing on the cake. If you were to take all the elements out of it (like where the game is, weather, injuries, etc.) and just said rank our last four opponents in terms of who you think is the toughest to beat, I'd go:

1. Toledo
2. Buffalo
3. Western Michigan
4. Akron

I bring that up because there are two things all our wins and losses have in common; all our wins are at home AND we score first, all our losses are on the road AND the other team scores first.

So I think, with the 6-6 goal in mind, that it's probably a good thing the two...easiest, worst (I hate to call any of these games that because they'll all be tough) teams are both at home.

For tomorrow I think the key is to get out to an early lead and hope the defense does it's thing. We have all broken down Austin's issues enough we don't need to do it again....we all know what he can and can't do at this point. I do bring up the scoring first thing though, because his style and skill-set is not conducive to from playing from behind. Even in the NIU game, they scored first and yeah we took the lead later but couldn't hold it.

Score first, play solid D, and I think we have a great shot!

Damned good points there SD!

Our offense is simply not capable of hanging 45 points on WMU like we did last year. We are who we are.
10-27-2023 06:03 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

Hmmmm….WMU has played a tougher schedule than us and yet:

WMU has scored more points
WMU has passed for more yards
WMU has rushed for more yards

Jesus answers the prayers by kicking a game winning field goal.

EMU 27
WMU 24
10-28-2023 10:09 AM
Advertisement

holybovine Offline
Heisman

Udengwu III looks worse than Smith, as difficult as that may be to believe.
10-28-2023 12:25 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

Oh F. We’re going to get blown out.
10-28-2023 12:29 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

This team isn’t going bowling. Nor does it deserve to.

Creighton failed this team with his inability to scout the QB position. WMU comes in here with its 3rd stringer dropping dimes. What do we have? Slow QBs who can’t read defenses or throw.

Thanks CC! Enjoy the rest of your career here. Get comfortable.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2023 12:36 PM by holybovine.)
10-28-2023 12:35 PM
Sellers dweller Offline
1st String

(10-28-2023 12:29 PM)holybovine Wrote:  Oh F. We’re going to get blown out.

Yep...this is going to get ugly. The offense is completely unable to do anything, and the defense is useless against their quick strikes and they are able to run for 4-5 yards nearly every play.

This is on the coaches. The players have to play...but how did they think any of these guys were D-1 level at QB? For the most part during the Creighton era we have had a good QB, so it's surprising they didn't see this coming. Look at what Toledo was able to do against us last year with their back-up QB compared to this.
10-28-2023 12:36 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

Poor, poor, poor coaching. Offense and defense out of position and not ready to play.

The wheels have come off
10-28-2023 01:02 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Poor quarterbacking leads to poor running game which leads to defense getting taxed which leads to frustrated posters....
10-28-2023 01:05 PM
steve4840 Offline
1st String

1st half observations...

Zero juice from the team today.

Zero quarterback play

Zero play calling ability

Wow this season has been tough to watch
10-28-2023 01:06 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

(10-28-2023 12:29 PM)holybovine Wrote:  Oh F. We’re going to get blown out.

I am sorry, Bovine. Frustrating game to visit for. Hopefully doesn’t spoil your whole trip.
10-28-2023 01:09 PM
EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's Offline
1st String

I Root For: E MICH
(10-28-2023 01:02 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  Poor, poor, poor coaching. Offense and defense out of position and not ready to play.

The wheels have come off
We're quite possibly now facing a losing season record wise! WMU is 2-6, and embarrassing us at home! CC has really failed so far this season! Last season means not nearly as much when you can't continue the upward winning trajectory! 1987........and when? I'm hoping we can beat Akron now......We really have looked poorly the past few games!
10-28-2023 01:09 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

(10-28-2023 01:05 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Poor quarterbacking leads to poor running game which leads to defense getting taxed which leads to frustrated posters....

Better quarterbacking leads to better running which leads to a TD which leads to some 02-13-banana 02-13-banana
10-28-2023 01:16 PM
Advertisement

Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

Poor decision to onside
10-28-2023 01:22 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

How can there be a "chip shot" in a game between eastern and western? 03-lmfao03-lmfao
10-28-2023 01:30 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

That was the worst half of football I have ever seen with Coach Creighton leading the team.
10-28-2023 01:37 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

We’re going to need the best half of football this season to climb back into this game - geez WMU ready to play telling Creighton they own the MAC in Michigan!!
10-28-2023 01:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.