Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT Question about Pac 12 realignment
Bookmark and Share
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
OT Question about Pac 12 realignment
Which teams are leaving the Pac 12 next year and where are they headed. I understand only Oregon St. and Wash. St will remain in the Pac 12. So where are the rest going?

Thanks in advance.
10-22-2023 12:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EatEmUp11 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Sam Houston State
RE: OT Question about Pac 12 realignment
(10-22-2023 12:34 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  Which teams are leaving the Pac 12 next year and where are they headed. I understand only Oregon St. and Wash. St will remain in the Pac 12. So where are the rest going?

Thanks in advance.
Utah, Arizona, Arizona State and Colorado are Big 12 bound.

Oregon, Washington, USC and UCLA will join the Big Ten.

Stanford and Cal will join SMU in the ACC.

As you said, that leaves the state schools in the PNW. Who knows what happens beyond that.
10-22-2023 01:29 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I don't think that bringing in Mwc teams to the remaining Pac will justify them remaining a Cartel conference. What I see is WSU and OSU going to the Mwc. What a letdown for those two, I guess everyone has to have their Schiff day. Just like Utep when the Mwc was formed and they left us behind. If (and I doubt this) the Mwc came a courting Utep that Utep would leave Cusa but that remains to be seen. As bad as we are now in football they'd probably take Enemas U. first before us and I wonder if the Ugglies would leave?

These conferences are letting regionality gone by the wind. If G5s can do the coast to coast conferences those rich Biatches can afford it easily.
10-22-2023 01:42 PM
SlyFox Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
Talk about your Pandora's box of opening questions in this thread. Suffice it to say that Wazzu/Oregon State hold the keys to the western realignment. They have pushed the decision to the spring on whether they ware going to pick the MWC clean of its best schools or just merge with the MWC.

The general perception among most realignmentologists is that Texas State is the most attractive target for whichever Pac/MWC iteration that emerges. It is not crazy talk for UTEP to be in the reorganization discussion once it all goes down. But I think most see it as not lighly likely at this stage. Some have even suggested that Sam Houston might be above UTEP as a target for the left behinders. Markets. Yeah, I know. It is all speculation at this point.
10-22-2023 03:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cardiff Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall + Liberty
(10-22-2023 01:29 PM)EatEmUp11 Wrote:  Utah, Arizona, Arizona State and Colorado are Big 12 bound.

Oregon, Washington, USC and UCLA will join the Big Ten.

Stanford and Cal will join SMU in the ACC.

As you said, that leaves the state schools in the PNW. Who knows what happens beyond that.
This.

OSU/WSU will try to take the 4-5 best of the Mtn. West teams. Honestly, no idea if such a plan is feasible or not. If it doesn’t work, I think a merger is most likely. Whether the new league [MWC + pac2] calls itself the “Pac 14” or keeps the Mtn. name, or comes up with something entirely different, is just one of the many questions to be answered in the next year or two.
10-22-2023 08:33 PM
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
No offense, but OP must have been "off the grid" for a good while.
10-22-2023 11:51 PM
Advertisement

Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
With the pickings getting slimmer, it’s a good time for any program to be on the upswing. The high value schools and the most consistent performers are taken, so whoever goes anywhere are likely going to be programs that are actually decent now.

If the PAC can actually rebuild, it’s going to need to have a media deal, and a bunch of dogs who have long term potential to get back where they once were may not cut it. That’s if some MW move and others don’t. If it’s just a merger under one brand or the other, it probably won’t matter. But I would never bet on MW schools not fighting and clawing and back stabbing their way over one another, so hopefully it will be a fun show!
10-23-2023 03:36 AM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

As far as backstabbing is concerned the Mwc is an expert at it. They did a fine job at the "airport meeting" that produced the Mwc. I don't know if Utep even remembers what happened and if they were invited I don't know how they would react now. I'm getting used to Cusa and if the invitation is there and numbers are better in the new Mwc who know? Like a certain congresswoman said, "it's all about the Benjamins".
10-23-2023 12:46 PM
Keswick_Crusaders_Forever51 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty, UF
If things go the way they're expected to w a merger, partial or complete, it'll be the MW teams "leaving" for the PAC name. Never underestimate the power of a name. It's a modern day Ship of Theseus.

That being said, I would not be surprised if the gang holds together & moves as a collection, nor would I be shocked by a couple teams left behind to scramble under the MW name. Guess we'll know by the end of the school year.
10-23-2023 12:51 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

(10-23-2023 12:51 PM)Keswick_Crusaders_Forever51 Wrote:  If things go the way they're expected to w a merger, partial or complete, it'll be the MW teams "leaving" for the PAC name. Never underestimate the power of a name. It's a modern day Ship of Theseus.

That being said, I would not be surprised if the gang holds together & moves as a collection, nor would I be shocked by a couple teams left behind to scramble under the MW name. Guess we'll know by the end of the school year.

If that happens there will be a few new independents on the way. Unless those that are left behind have to hold their noses (that's how they think) and join Cusa. I know there's a few that look down on Cusa.

Who could it be in that scenario? San Jose hasn't been very good in either sport but they're too far west to be considered. NM has good basketball and they'll be invited to the Pac only because of that. Hmmm, interesting.
10-24-2023 12:06 PM
PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

I Root For: NMSU
(10-24-2023 12:06 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  
(10-23-2023 12:51 PM)Keswick_Crusaders_Forever51 Wrote:  If things go the way they're expected to w a merger, partial or complete, it'll be the MW teams "leaving" for the PAC name. Never underestimate the power of a name. It's a modern day Ship of Theseus.

If that happens there will be a few new independents on the way. Unless those that are left behind have to hold their noses (that's how they think) and join Cusa. I know there's a few that look down on Cusa.

Who could it be in that scenario? San Jose hasn't been very good in either sport but they're too far west to be considered. NM has good basketball and they'll be invited to the Pac only because of that. Hmmm, interesting.

FB drives the bus, so NuM would not go to the PAC based on their BB. Plus what do you consider "good BB"? They have never been to even a sweet sixteen. The minors have a natty and NMSU and WKU have final fours. NMSU also has 25 NCAA appearances to only 15 for NuM. I never understand why people say NuM has good basketball. They have done very little to warrant that recognition.
10-24-2023 02:21 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

We used to have some pretty exciting BB games with Loobs when we were with them in the Old Wac. I haven't kept up with them lately and you MAY be right about them now. But, they are the premier school in NM.
10-24-2023 03:13 PM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty U/Clemson
(10-22-2023 01:42 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  I don't think that bringing in Mwc teams to the remaining Pac will justify them remaining a Cartel conference. What I see is WSU and OSU going to the Mwc. What a letdown for those two, I guess everyone has to have their Schiff day. Just like Utep when the Mwc was formed and they left us behind. If (and I doubt this) the Mwc came a courting Utep that Utep would leave Cusa but that remains to be seen. As bad as we are now in football they'd probably take Enemas U. first before us and I wonder if the Ugglies would leave?

These conferences are letting regionality gone by the wind. If G5s can do the coast to coast conferences those rich Biatches can afford it easily.

The PAC is still a A5 conference so that has to have some power to remain a P5. Since P5 is a made up term how would someone not be a P5 if they are a A5?
10-24-2023 03:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

(10-24-2023 03:13 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  We used to have some pretty exciting BB games with Loobs when we were with them in the Old Wac. I haven't kept up with them lately and you MAY be right about them now. But, they are the premier school in NM.

I must have been asleep at the wheel during the WAC days when NuM was making sweet 16, elite 8 and final 4 runs. The fact that your school had exciting games with the loobs doesn't make NuM a storied program.

Do you really want to discuss premier schools in our states? On a good day, the minors would be around 97th on the premier Texas list. You literally had to sue the state because they weren't giving you equitable funding on par with other state institutions. You asked to be equal, Texas said no and you sued them!!!
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2023 10:42 PM by PojoaquePosse.)
10-24-2023 04:12 PM
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
See the CUSA Realignment sub forum for more on ARMY, Delaware, and Football onlys. Opposing views and comments welcome.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2023 05:42 PM by TOPSTRAIGHT.)
10-25-2023 05:40 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

(10-24-2023 04:12 PM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  
(10-24-2023 03:13 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  We used to have some pretty exciting BB games with Loobs when we were with them in the Old Wac. I haven't kept up with them lately and you MAY be right about them now. But, they are the premier school in NM.

I must have been asleep at the wheel during the WAC days when NuM was making sweet 16, elite 8 and final 4 runs. The fact that your school had exciting games with the loobs doesn't make NuM a storied program.

Do you really want to discuss premier schools in our states? On a good day, the minors would be around 97th on the premier Texas list. You literally had to sue the state because they weren't giving you equitable funding on par with other state institutions. You asked to be equal, Texas said no and you sued them!!!

LOL, don't you have a bull you need to go milk? Ha, ha, ha. When your school gets a medical school then you can brag...a little.

As for Utep you probably are unaware that they are one of 7 or 8 Tier One schools in Texas. Get your facts right. If Utep had to go and sue it was because you don't know how badly the UT system treats Utep.
10-25-2023 06:43 PM
Advertisement

PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

(10-25-2023 06:43 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  
(10-24-2023 04:12 PM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  

LOL, don't you have a bull you need to go milk? Ha, ha, ha. When your school gets a medical school then you can brag...a little.

As for Utep you probably are unaware that they are one of 7 or 8 Tier One schools in Texas. Get your facts right. If Utep had to go and sue it was because you don't know how badly the UT system treats Utep.

You tell me to get my facts straight and then proceed to say that the UT system treats the minors badly? I’m not a rocket scientist but I’m pretty sure you just validated my point of what Texas thinks of the minors.

So the minors are a tier one school yet they are being threatened with losing their accreditation. Duly noted…07-coffee3

https://elpasomatters.org/2023/07/06/ute...-colleges/
10-25-2023 08:18 PM
TodgeRodge Offline
All American

I Root For: Todge
why is UTEP talking about a medical school when they will most likely never have one?

and when NMSU has an affiliated medical school (partially owned by Rice)
10-25-2023 08:25 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I was referencing the UofM Medical School in I'llbequirky. Utep will probably never sniff a medical school when TT already has one here.

They're not losing anything except a losing football program.
10-26-2023 01:42 PM
unalions Offline
1st String

I Root For: UNA & Bama
An interesting list of schools being mentioned in Matt Brown's article today regarding a proposed PAC/MWC (with some AAC/CUSA/UAC schools) 24-team super league with relegation.

10-31-2023 02:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.