UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Maybe I’m on a limb here….
BlazerDave Jr Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UaB
Smile Maybe I’m on a limb here….
I LOVED Dilfers response to our awful penalty. I don’t think that blow up will lose any morale from players or coaches. That is an unacceptable high school error that he was justifiably upset about. I love his fight and I think that blow up shows just how much he cares about UAB and succeeding here.

Sometimes you have to take two steps back to take a leap forward. I think we are due for a leap with Dilfer and am very optimistic about the remainder of the season and the years after that.

GO BLAZERS!
09-30-2023 03:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
RE: Maybe I’m on a limb here….
I liked it too. That was such an important moment in the game and the punt was shanked horribly.
09-30-2023 03:06 PM
Frank Grimes Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB,Springfield Isotopes
I’m all in on Dilfer, probably even more now than when we hired him. There’s been a big leap the past couple weeks. Maybe this team gets to six wins, maybe it doesn’t, but I’m excited to see what this program looks like next year with more experience and more of his players.
09-30-2023 03:09 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
I don’t disagree with you. I just thought he lost his cool and it wasn’t a great look for us.
09-30-2023 03:11 PM
1BLZR1 Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-30-2023 03:01 PM)BlazerDave Jr Wrote:  I LOVED Dilfers response to our awful penalty. I don’t think that blow up will lose any morale from players or coaches. That is an unacceptable high school error that he was justifiably upset about. I love his fight and I think that blow up shows just how much he cares about UAB and succeeding here.

Sometimes you have to take two steps back to take a leap forward. I think we are due for a leap with Dilfer and am very optimistic about the remainder of the season and the years after that.

GO BLAZERS!

I agree. I’m very optimistic about the future.
09-30-2023 03:11 PM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
I would LOVE IT if Dilfer actually did fire a coach or two mid season. Send a message that amateurish results will not be tolerated. That kind of attitude needs to be applied throughout UAB athletics.
09-30-2023 03:13 PM
Advertisement

bftb Online
Go Blazers!

(09-30-2023 03:09 PM)Frank Grimes Wrote:  I’m all in on Dilfer, probably even more now than when we hired him. There’s been a big leap the past couple weeks. Maybe this team gets to six wins, maybe it doesn’t, but I’m excited to see what this program looks like next year with more experience and more of his players.

Ditto.

(And as someone mentioned in another thread, Saban has the same rant against one of his assistants in a game and he is celebrated. Those who didn't like the Dilfer hire will continue to pull against him and find everything they can wrong with him. Some things are not that hard to find right now for sure--we're 1-4. But some of it is the growing pains of a rebuilding year.)
09-30-2023 03:14 PM
linus Offline
1st String

I Root For:
First time I’ve been certain we got the right guy. He hired some promising coaches and maybe a few head scratchers. Showing my age I know but Zid feel a lot better if Coach Neal was working with defense and special teams
09-30-2023 04:09 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I am feeling good about it too despite the record. The one thing that worries me at this point is if the losses keep coming and the team quits on him. If that happens all bets are off.
09-30-2023 04:53 PM
Marathon Blazer Offline
Heisman

I liked it. I haven’t been completely sold on Dilfer yet, but I liked it. I’d like to know what Gilstrap said back to Dilfer that set him off.
09-30-2023 05:02 PM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-30-2023 03:01 PM)BlazerDave Jr Wrote:  That is an unacceptable high school error

I mean UAB hired a high school staff so it's on brand
09-30-2023 05:02 PM
Advertisement

biglizard Offline
All American

I Root For:
I saw a guy who has had losing seasons and won a super bowl. He wants everyone around him to hate losing as much as he does, especially losing because of a failure of kindergarten math.
09-30-2023 05:04 PM
linus Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(09-30-2023 05:02 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  
(09-30-2023 03:01 PM)BlazerDave Jr Wrote:  That is an unacceptable high school error

I’m a Bill Clark fan, but notice where his assistants wound up when the left the program. If assistant experience is key how did Watson not win more games
09-30-2023 05:20 PM
blazerblazer Offline
1st String

Gilstrap was MTSU cornerbacks and special teams coach from 2019-2022, so he is not a high school coach. But surprisingly, he wasn't their ST coach during the CUSA Championship game with their costly counting mistake.
09-30-2023 05:21 PM
UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

(09-30-2023 04:53 PM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  I am feeling good about it too despite the record. The one thing that worries me at this point is if the losses keep coming and the team quits on him. If that happens all bets are off.

The Blazertalk fans have
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2023 05:22 PM by UAB Schnauzer.)
09-30-2023 05:21 PM
Frank Grimes Offline
Special Teams

Hyuck hyuck, good one 03-yawn
09-30-2023 05:49 PM
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(09-30-2023 05:21 PM)UAB Schnauzer Wrote:  
(09-30-2023 04:53 PM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  I am feeling good about it too despite the record. The one thing that worries me at this point is if the losses keep coming and the team quits on him. If that happens all bets are off.

The Blazertalk fans have

Speak for yourself.
09-30-2023 06:11 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
No one has quit .. stop being dramatic
09-30-2023 06:13 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
Hi, guys. Tiger fan here.

I haven't been following UAB as close as I used to during our C-USA days, so I don't know how long Dilfer has been the coach.

Just checked the Blazers site:

Quote:UAB Director of Athletics Mark Ingram named 14-year NFL veteran quarterback and Super Bowl XXXV Champion Trent Dilfer as UAB Football’s seventh head coach in program history on Nov. 30, 2022.

So it sounds like a rebuilding year. Seeing him as the coach and watching y'all's scores and highlights from this season, it doesn't look like the Blazers will be an easy out.

I get being frustrated. Heck, I'm a Tiger fan. It's only been the past 10 years we've had it rolling.

It looks like he can coach. If he can recruit I don't think it will take too long to get it going.

Good luck the rest of the way except for, well... you know. 03-wink
09-30-2023 07:00 PM
Frank Grimes Offline
Special Teams

(09-30-2023 07:00 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  Hi, guys. Tiger fan here.

I haven't been following UAB as close as I used to during our C-USA days, so I don't know how long Dilfer has been the coach.

Just checked the Blazers site:

Quote:UAB Director of Athletics Mark Ingram named 14-year NFL veteran quarterback and Super Bowl XXXV Champion Trent Dilfer as UAB Football’s seventh head coach in program history on Nov. 30, 2022.

So it sounds like a rebuilding year. Seeing him as the coach and watching y'all's scores and highlights from this season, it doesn't look like the Blazers will be an easy out.

I get being frustrated. Heck, I'm a Tiger fan. It's only been the past 10 years we've had it rolling.

It looks like he can coach. If he can recruit I don't think it will take too long to get it going.

Good luck the rest of the way except for, well... you know. 03-wink

He’s actually shown he can recruit already. He signed our second best recruiting class ever this past spring. If he can keep adjusting to coaching at this level (which he’s done so far), the sky is the limit I think. I was happy with the hire, and even happier now.

Those of us based in reality knew it’d be a rebuilding year with a new staff, a lot of roster changes, and jumping up in competition. I’d be ecstatic if we got to six wins this year and got to a bowl game.
09-30-2023 07:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.