Bookmark and Share
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Official Game Thread: @ UNCG
Date: February 7th, 2023

Time: 7:00 PM

Opponent: UNC-Greensboro (19-9, 10-2 SoCon)

Place: Greensboro Coliseum (23,500)

Television: ESPNU

Webcast: Watch ESPN (CABLE PACKAGE LOGIN)

Radio online: 640WXSM.com

UNCG 2022-2023 Schedule

UNCG 2022-2023 Roster

UNCG Message Board (inactive)
02-05-2023 06:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Buc'ed_Up Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU
RE: Official Game Thread: @ UNCG
Don't like that we lose an extra day of rest because it's an ESPNU game and we have to play on Tuesday as opposed to the usual Wednesday game. I guess that's the one negative of having a game on ESPNU. Hopefully we can put forth a decent effort on a nationally televised broadcast.

It was around this time last year we beat UNCG at their place. I think that game was on CBSSports as I remember watching it out in a public setting

I don't know why they continue to play in the G'boro Coliseum. They never have a big crowd there. I don't think we've played them in their actual gym since Deuce Bello was on the team and he made a sportscenter highlight with a windmill dunk
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2023 07:23 PM by Buc'ed_Up.)
02-05-2023 07:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Flippmb Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
Our guards better buckle up and be strong with the ball. UNCG is an even more intense, high pressure defense than Samford.
02-06-2023 09:18 AM
GoBucsGo Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I figure this team may have 3 wins left: Home dates vs. Citadel & VMI, and probably one upset. Maybe this will be it, maybe not. It seems like that if we are playing poorly in the first 5 minutes, it's likely we will get whipped. If we play well, we have a shot. That's probably not completely accurate, but it seems like that to me.
02-06-2023 09:38 AM
Buc66 Offline
All American

(02-06-2023 09:38 AM)GoBucsGo Wrote:  I figure this team may have 3 wins left: Home dates vs. Citadel & VMI, and probably one upset. Maybe this will be it, maybe not. It seems like that if we are playing poorly in the first 5 minutes, it's likely we will get whipped. If we play well, we have a shot. That's probably not completely accurate, but it seems like that to me.

This year is toast, obviously. Is there ANY hope at all for next year? Does this coach have the skills to identify the deficits, recruit the needed players from the Portal, coach that team back into at least a winning record in 23-24?
02-06-2023 09:51 AM
GoBucsGo Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(02-06-2023 09:51 AM)Buc66 Wrote:  
(02-06-2023 09:38 AM)GoBucsGo Wrote:  I figure this team may have 3 wins left: Home dates vs. Citadel & VMI, and probably one upset. Maybe this will be it, maybe not. It seems like that if we are playing poorly in the first 5 minutes, it's likely we will get whipped. If we play well, we have a shot. That's probably not completely accurate, but it seems like that to me.

This year is toast, obviously. Is there ANY hope at all for next year? Does this coach have the skills to identify the deficits, recruit the needed players from the Portal, coach that team back into at least a winning record in 23-24?

I don't know. I've talked to a lot of other Buc fans, and some predict he will be here next year and some predict we will do the buyout. It's about 50/50. My personal opinion is that I think he can recruit, he just can't get them to play together. In terms of Oliver returning, I still think it's up to the big donors - if they are willing to put up the money, he'll be out.
02-06-2023 10:28 AM
Advertisement

bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(02-06-2023 10:28 AM)GoBucsGo Wrote:  

I don't know. I've talked to a lot of other Buc fans, and some predict he will be here next year and some predict we will do the buyout. It's about 50/50. My personal opinion is that I think he can recruit, he just can't get them to play together. In terms of Oliver returning, I still think it's up to the big donors - if they are willing to put up the money, he'll be out.

I too think it is about 50/50. A lot depends on how these last few games go. Having a coach who can recruit and not coach them is like having half a coach. I have finally had to conclude that for this year we are just awful. I cannot blame the players because I like them and players are seldom the sole reason for a team losing. Hoping for the best in tomorrow's night game.
02-06-2023 11:03 AM
shampoo Offline
All American

I Root For: blue and gold
(02-06-2023 11:03 AM)bucfan81 Wrote:  

I too think it is about 50/50. A lot depends on how these last few games go. Having a coach who can recruit and not coach them is like having half a coach. I have finally had to conclude that for this year we are just awful. I cannot blame the players because I like them and players are seldom the sole reason for a team losing. Hoping for the best in tomorrow's night game.

Some would say it’s like having an Assistant Coach. It has felt like we’ve had an interim head coach these past 2 seasons. Only recently has Oliver started expressing any accountability. The buck (Bucs) stop with you, bub! If son wants to play for father next season, better figure out something fast!
02-06-2023 05:52 PM
buc nekkid Offline
Water Engineer

(02-06-2023 05:52 PM)shampoo Wrote:  

Some would say it’s like having an Assistant Coach. It has felt like we’ve had an interim head coach these past 2 seasons. Only recently has Oliver started expressing any accountability. The buck (Bucs) stop with you, bub! If son wants to play for father next season, better figure out something fast!

I think he will be back and actually I think he does know what the team needs and can identify talent he said he was going to go out last off-season and get a good front line and he really has it's a shame that we haven't had Taylor for half the year but I don't think he has a jason shay on his bench and every coach has strengths and weaknesses and if you're not a real good schematic Xs and Os guy you could still be a great coach if you have that in an assistant and I'm not sure he does
02-07-2023 06:49 PM
buc nekkid Offline
Water Engineer

by the way the conference is so weak this year probably more than ever just about anybody could win three games in Asheville including us and there's not even a team that I think you have to really avoid this year like in the past we just need to stay out of the Friday game
02-07-2023 06:55 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Official Game Thread: @ UNCG
This team is an embarrassment and the blame lies with the HEAD COACH.
02-07-2023 07:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fsurookie911 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ETSU FSU UT
Idk why I’m watching this lol
02-07-2023 07:27 PM
JWBUC Offline
1st String

Hard for this team to get down early and comeback. Hoping for a run but there is just not much offensive firepower on this team.
02-07-2023 07:28 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

At least they are getting it over with early tonight. The coaching void is incredible. UNCG has a second year coach also. No excuse for a team this bad.
02-07-2023 07:35 PM
ThreedomHall Offline
Water Engineer

How does G maintain top level performances with no fans or sports culture? How are we incapable of matching them?
02-07-2023 07:37 PM
ThreedomHall Offline
Water Engineer

(02-07-2023 06:49 PM)buc nekkid Wrote:  
(02-06-2023 05:52 PM)shampoo Wrote:  
(02-06-2023 09:51 AM)Buc66 Wrote:  This year is toast, obviously. Is there ANY hope at all for next year? Does this coach have the skills to identify the deficits, recruit the needed players from the Portal, coach that team back into at least a winning record in 23-24?

I think he will be back and actually I think he does know what the team needs and can identify talent he said he was going to go out last off-season and get a good front line and he really has it's a shame that we haven't had Taylor for half the year but I don't think he has a jason shay on his bench and every coach has strengths and weaknesses and if you're not a real good schematic Xs and Os guy you could still be a great coach if you have that in an assistant and I'm not sure he does

You’re gonna have to start using punctuations at some point, hombre
02-07-2023 07:38 PM
Advertisement

bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(02-07-2023 07:37 PM)ThreedomHall Wrote:  How does G maintain top level performances with no fans or sports culture? How are we incapable of matching them?

We can be sure Doc Sander is asking this same question tonight.
02-07-2023 07:41 PM
fsurookie911 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ETSU FSU UT
We are sooo bad. I didn’t get to watch the Wofford game, but how the hell did we win?
02-07-2023 07:43 PM
ThreedomHall Offline
Water Engineer

This is a firing-worthy performance. Thanks for looking out for us, G. Your help is greatly appreciated
02-07-2023 07:46 PM
BucDoctor Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa, ETSU
This may be the worst defense I have EVER seen.
02-07-2023 07:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.