Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JMU (4-0) at Arkansas St (2-3), Sat, Oct 8, 7:00pm, NFL Network
Bookmark and Share
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
JMU (4-0) at Arkansas St (2-3), Sat, Oct 8, 7:00pm, NFL Network
JMU heads to Arkansas St to take on the Wolves.

Game notes:

Arkansas St https://s3.amazonaws.com/astateredwolves...adison.pdf

JMU https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/j..._State.pdf

Butch Jones press conference (pt 1)
https://www.kait8.com/video/2022/10/04/r...s-madison/

Butch Jones press conference (pt 2)
https://www.kait8.com/video/2022/10/04/r...madison-2/
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2022 01:07 PM by JMURocks.)
10-07-2022 12:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
RE: JMU (4-0) at Arkansas St (2-3), Sat, Oct 8, 7:00pm, NFL Network
Ever since the schedule was released I've felt like this is one to be a little afraid of a potential letdown. Long road trip against a team that's rebuilding when it looked very possible we could be 3-1... Instead we're 4-0, receiving tons of attention, and damn near ranked.

If we do fail to bring our A game then hopefully we can still escape with a tight W and a nice wake up call. Score prediction I'm just gonna assume it's not an issue though.

Dukes 31
Red Wolves 7
10-07-2022 01:47 PM
Bill Offline
1st String

(10-07-2022 01:47 PM)KickItToScotty Wrote:  Ever since the schedule was released I've felt like this is one to be a little afraid of a potential letdown. Long road trip against a team that's rebuilding when it looked very possible we could be 3-1... Instead we're 4-0, receiving tons of attention, and damn near ranked.

If we do fail to bring our A game then hopefully we can still escape with a tight W and a nice wake up call. Score prediction I'm just gonna assume it's not an issue though.

Dukes 31
Red Wolves 7

What's your prediction for the 2nd half of the game? 02-13-banana

JMU 42
Arkensaw St 20
04-chairshot
10-07-2022 02:07 PM
bridgeforthduke Offline
All American

This feels like a trap game. But I'm thinking that JMU cleans up the turnovers they have had the last two weeks and is able to have a complete game. Ark State has some good offensive talent that should make it difficult on the team, but I think JMU will be able to keep them in check.

JMU - 38
Ark State - 17
10-07-2022 02:40 PM
Purplehazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison Dukes
What do people at Arkansas State do on Halloween?

Pump-kin

Same for Marsha
10-07-2022 02:50 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

In all honesty, the only game I believe we've brought our A game into the stadium was MTSU. I do believe we can win this weekend without it, but GA Southern, Marshall, Louisville, and Coastal we'll need our horses running with few mistakes.
10-07-2022 05:46 PM
Advertisement

formerjmusprinter84 Offline
1st String

JMU 31
Ark State 17

Their speed guys will probably get them a couple of scores. Ark State QB will be hitting the turf a number of times.
10-07-2022 06:43 PM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
Predicting that stAte will run one back on us...great special teams there, but Dukes win 40-17
10-07-2022 06:52 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
The team who scores the most points will win this one...

I don't make predictions, I believe that you guys are better than us at present, but I also believe that we are perfectly capable of winning a game like this and have a better chance than some national types have given us credit for. We've been in this situation only one time previously, and previously dominant FCS Power moves up to FBS and plays in Jonesboro year 1 in the SBC. That was App in 2014, and we as a fan base went in believing we'd win the game by at least 3 scores because FCS Teams weren't any good, yada yada yada.

we've fallen off as a program since that point and learned to accept that FCS move ups now are not the same as what they were when we moved up. Rebuilds are no fun, but every now and then you sneak up on someone. We'll see.
10-08-2022 01:15 AM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-08-2022 01:15 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  The team who scores the most points will win this one...

I don't make predictions, I believe that you guys are better than us at present, but I also believe that we are perfectly capable of winning a game like this and have a better chance than some national types have given us credit for. We've been in this situation only one time previously, and previously dominant FCS Power moves up to FBS and plays in Jonesboro year 1 in the SBC. That was App in 2014, and we as a fan base went in believing we'd win the game by at least 3 scores because FCS Teams weren't any good, yada yada yada.

we've fallen off as a program since that point and learned to accept that FCS move ups now are not the same as what they were when we moved up. Rebuilds are no fun, but every now and then you sneak up on someone. We'll see.

Most are not JMU, App State, and GA Southern (who had a great experience for a couple seasons). Should NDSU move up they are as good as the best G5's as well. SHSU is gonna struggle. They simply don't have the infrastructure and support. Though, I'll have to admit, Coastal has certainly surprised me and I had the same thoughts about them.

Though looking at the time period AR State moved up, you had Marshall and UCF during that time frame. Shortly followed by USF and Troy. These four were not push over programs. I simply believe fans have it in our DNA to believe a FCS move up can't be ready to compete immediately. Facts simply do not show this to be true.
10-08-2022 02:27 AM
DooX Offline
1st String

The same ESPN picker who had the Dukes as his ‘Dog of the week’ when we played AppSt, picked ArkSt for his dog this week just before CGD started.
10-08-2022 08:15 AM
Advertisement

JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-08-2022 08:15 AM)DooX Wrote:  The same ESPN picker who had the Dukes as his ‘Dog of the week’ when we played AppSt, picked ArkSt for his dog this week just before CGD started.

Rece Davis picked against us this week?

It's not impossible, Butch will have his team ready and motivated. I expect a much bigger challenge than Texas St today.

I hope he's wrong though, and gets mocked by his teammates after this game. The "payback" could be fun. Never doubt the Dukes!
10-08-2022 08:43 AM
DooX Offline
1st String

No it’s a guy who is on just before CGD starts. Doug K something or other. Seems like a pro gambler type. They haven’t done the CGD Superdogs yet.
10-08-2022 09:10 AM
hburg Offline

(10-08-2022 01:15 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  The team who scores the most points will win this one...

Ark st. Could easily wins this game if they play to their full potential, especially if JMU isn't playing well.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
10-08-2022 09:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jmu007 Offline
All American

Yeah, the hype of being 4-0 is fun and all, but I'm sticking to my thought process from the before the season. I just assume every single game is going to be a dog fight and if we win it's a pleasant surprise. Although it is getting hard not to get caught up... been pleasantly shocked three times this year already haha.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2022 09:38 AM by jmu007.)
10-08-2022 09:36 AM
Purplehazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison Dukes
Kanye West loves the Dukes!
10-08-2022 10:02 AM
Advertisement

Jay M. Youix Offline
1st String

anyone know if i can stream NFL Network through the NFL app? i only have streaming services, no cable/satellite TV. i have NFL+ and it’s currently showing an NFL game (replay) that’s running on NFL Network. but in the “Live and Upcoming” section, our game is not listed. nervous that i will have to wait until kickoff to see if it will be shown there. going to guess that this is a tough question to answer, but thought i’d try.
10-08-2022 12:49 PM
Purple Offline
Heisman

I'm sticking with 42-10, Dawgs! Blackman is not known for his escapability, so I pity the fool! He is going to have a rough night.

I would love to see Percy get at least two rushing touchdowns. He is nine away from taking sole possession of first place in JMU history.
10-08-2022 01:03 PM
Purple Offline
Heisman

(10-08-2022 12:49 PM)Jay M. Youix Wrote:  anyone know if i can stream NFL Network through the NFL app? i only have streaming services, no cable/satellite TV. i have NFL+ and it’s currently showing an NFL game (replay) that’s running on NFL Network. but in the “Live and Upcoming” section, our game is not listed. nervous that i will have to wait until kickoff to see if it will be shown there. going to guess that this is a tough question to answer, but thought i’d try.

You should be able to get a free trial to fubotv or one of the other streaming services. Fubo carries the NFL Network.

I checked the NFL Network schedule last night and it showed our game. I hope that hasn't changed.

I just checked the fubo lineup and they are streaming our game via NFL Network live at 7PM.

I love fubo!
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2022 01:12 PM by Purple.)
10-08-2022 01:04 PM
Jay M. Youix Offline
1st String

(10-08-2022 01:04 PM)Purple Wrote:  
(10-08-2022 12:49 PM)Jay M. Youix Wrote:  anyone know if i can stream NFL Network through the NFL app? i only have streaming services, no cable/satellite TV. i have NFL+ and it’s currently showing an NFL game (replay) that’s running on NFL Network. but in the “Live and Upcoming” section, our game is not listed. nervous that i will have to wait until kickoff to see if it will be shown there. going to guess that this is a tough question to answer, but thought i’d try.

You should be able to get a free trial to fubotv or one of the other streaming services. Fubo carries the NFL Network.

I checked the NFL Network schedule last night and it showed our game. I hope that hasn't changed.

ok thanks. i’m using Fubo/Sling as an emergency, but i’ve used them a bunch of times so at some point i figure i’m going to run out of credit cards and they’ll figure out that i’m just signing up for trials over and over
10-08-2022 01:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.