Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GAME THREAD: Liberty at OLD DOMINION - 10/1 6 PM EST - ESPN+
Bookmark and Share
sstaedtler88 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty, Army
Not sure if Salter will be back at QB for Liberty yet, but he did practice. Hurricane Ian could effect this game. If Salter doesn't play certainly a great chance for ODU to win.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2022 02:10 PM by sstaedtler88.)
09-27-2022 02:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODU-Z8 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion, Sun Belt
So far, AD says the game isn't being moved. Might be a stormy night
09-27-2022 02:11 PM
cmett003 Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: GAME THREAD: Liberty at OLD DOMINION - 10/1 6 PM EST - ESPN+
Not many people gonna be there. Boys are gonna have to create some energy and get this W. Liberty is probably more talented but I think the weather will negate that. Its gonna be a low scoring grind it out type of game which favors ODU.
09-27-2022 02:14 PM
sstaedtler88 Offline
1st String

(09-27-2022 02:14 PM)cmett003 Wrote:  Not many people gonna be there. Boys are gonna have to create some energy and get this W. Liberty is probably more talented but I think the weather will negate that. Its gonna be a low scoring grind it out type of game which favors ODU.

Perhaps. But ODU ran 26 times for 51 yards last week. They have primarily been a passing team, which rain and wind might neutralize. Also the rain may keep the crowd from being as big of a factor as they might have been.
09-27-2022 02:17 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
What happened to Salter?
09-27-2022 02:19 PM
sstaedtler88 Offline
1st String

(09-27-2022 02:19 PM)gdunn Wrote:  What happened to Salter?

No one really knows. Supposedly he hurt his groin on the last throw of the Wake Forest game. He did not play last week vs. Akron and Bennett was putrid. He was so bad, they put in Hampton who led Liberty to a TD to clinch the game. From what I have been seeing today though, Salter was practicing. Did have some kind of brace but looked pretty fluid out there as far as movement. My guess would be he plays.
09-27-2022 02:21 PM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(09-27-2022 02:21 PM)sstaedtler88 Wrote:  

No one really knows. Supposedly he hurt his groin on the last throw of the Wake Forest game. He did not play last week vs. Akron and Bennett was putrid. He was so bad, they put in Hampton who led Liberty to a TD to clinch the game. From what I have been seeing today though, Salter was practicing. Did have some kind of brace but looked pretty fluid out there as far as movement. My guess would be he plays.

I think Salter is your guy.. He lit us up.. Had he played the entire game, we wouldn't had went to 4 OTs.. Maybe not one OT...

Bennett nor the second string guy isn't your QB.. Hopefully if you want continued success this year after ODU, Salter can play 05-stirthepot
09-27-2022 02:25 PM
sstaedtler88 Offline
1st String

(09-27-2022 02:25 PM)gdunn Wrote:  

I think Salter is your guy.. He lit us up.. Had he played the entire game, we wouldn't had went to 4 OTs.. Maybe not one OT...

Bennett nor the second string guy isn't your QB.. Hopefully if you want continued success this year after ODU, Salter can play 05-stirthepot

Brewer is also hurt for several more weeks, but I agree, Salter, while inconsistent, clearly has the most upside and is the best QB of the bunch. Bennett threw 18 times at So. Miss and had 37 total yards. It is really hard to be that bad.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2022 02:34 PM by sstaedtler88.)
09-27-2022 02:30 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(09-27-2022 02:30 PM)sstaedtler88 Wrote:  

Brewer is also hurt for several more weeks, but I agree, Salter, while inconsistent, clearly has the most upside and is the best QB of the bunch. Bennett through 18 times at So. Miss and had 37 total yards. It is really hard to be that bad.
That was it.. It was Brewer, Bennett, then Salter.
09-27-2022 02:32 PM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty U/Clemson
(09-27-2022 02:32 PM)gdunn Wrote:  

Brewer is also hurt for several more weeks, but I agree, Salter, while inconsistent, clearly has the most upside and is the best QB of the bunch. Bennett through 18 times at So. Miss and had 37 total yards. It is really hard to be that bad.
That was it.. It was Brewer, Bennett, then Salter.

When we played Akron Last week we had to put in a 4th guy when Bennett wasn't getting it done in the 2nd half.
09-27-2022 02:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hotrod2001 Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
[Image: G1ozGE.gif]
09-27-2022 03:12 PM
Advertisement

Willflop Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Liberty

Brewer is also hurt for several more weeks, but I agree, Salter, while inconsistent, clearly has the most upside and is the best QB of the bunch. Bennett threw 18 times at So. Miss and had 37 total yards. It is really hard to be that bad.

In fairness, I think Brewer was a bigger loss than we realize. Breaking his thumb in the first series, we only saw him complete 3 of 4 passes before going out, so it's hard to say. Salter may end up better in a few years, but I think Brewer could have crushed it for Liberty. Salter is more backyard baller than system oriented at this point, and we have lived and died by the scramble. It'll be interesting if Freeze goes back to Brewer for BYU or Arkansas.
09-27-2022 03:20 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
This is such a tough game to predict. I've been back and forth on ODU this year while Liberty I think is pretty easily the second best team in VA... But then there's the Liberty QB situation, and ODU last week gave me a little more hope that they're better than they appeared at ECU and UVA, and that they're hopefully improving.

I would lean towards ODU is good enough to take advantage of Liberty's QB troubles and grind out a W in a low scoring game here. ODU takes it on a late TD in typical 2022 ODU in-state matchup fashion. I wouldn't bet a dollar on this game either way though.

Hopefully I'm right and after ODU beats Liberty, we smack ODU, we beat Coastal, and Coastal beats UVA then we've fully got the all reliable transitive property proof that we run Virginia 04-rock

Liberty 13
ODU 17
09-27-2022 04:54 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
Come on Monarchs...beat future CUSA!
09-27-2022 06:57 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
If we start firing on offense right away then it will be a game if not we will be in deep trouble. The new OC sucks calling plays for run game and add to the fact we are now at 3 deep on RB due to injuries we better figure out a way to get it going if not it will be difficult game to watch for the Monarchs. Lets go Monarchs beat Lahbutty.
09-27-2022 09:23 PM
Sakatalonzo Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Liberty U.
(09-27-2022 04:54 PM)KickItToScotty Wrote:  This is such a tough game to predict. I've been back and forth on ODU this year while Liberty I think is pretty easily the second best team in VA... But then there's the Liberty QB situation, and ODU last week gave me a little more hope that they're better than they appeared at ECU and UVA, and that they're hopefully improving.

I would lean towards ODU is good enough to take advantage of Liberty's QB troubles and grind out a W in a low scoring game here. ODU takes it on a late TD in typical 2022 ODU in-state matchup fashion. I wouldn't bet a dollar on this game either way though.

Hopefully I'm right and after ODU beats Liberty, we smack ODU, we beat Coastal, and Coastal beats UVA then we've fully got the all reliable transitive property proof that we run Virginia 04-rock

Liberty 13
ODU 17

1st thing, Congrats JMU on the win against APP. You have earn my respect but slow down on calling yourself the best team in VA. You had 1 great win, that's it. I will personally crown you the best in VA when you prove it on the field.

Now to the LU and ODU game... I think this is a toss up game. Salter was at practice and look good. Rumors had it that they wanted to give him and a few other players a rest day against Akron. Bad choice since we barley won that game. TJ Green, 2 Oline men, 2 Dline men, and a WR are all good to go for the ODU game. I think our D keeps in the game and due to our good 2nd half adjustments in every game we will pull this out in the end.

Liberty- 24
ODU- 21
09-28-2022 05:46 AM
Advertisement

Sakatalonzo Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Liberty U.

I don't know man, you guys have a great D with those 100 P5 guys running around. I'm glad we played you in the first game of the year. I would not want to be any of those SunBelt teams that have to play you in the weeks to come. I would not be surprise to see you as the West Champs by years end. Good Luck...
09-28-2022 05:57 AM
Purplehazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison Dukes
I have to root for ODU in this one, no can root for a CUSA team over SBC.

Winner is the team that does not turn over the ball on the wrong side of the field
09-28-2022 07:31 AM
Was SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mustard Buzzard

I don’t necessarily agree. We should have beaten LU quite easily. Three TOs inside the 5 and 5 over all doomed us. LU is good but I’m not ready to declare them world beaters. ODU has a very good chance to win this game.
09-28-2022 07:48 AM
cmett003 Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
(09-27-2022 02:17 PM)sstaedtler88 Wrote:  
(09-27-2022 02:14 PM)cmett003 Wrote:  Not many people gonna be there. Boys are gonna have to create some energy and get this W. Liberty is probably more talented but I think the weather will negate that. Its gonna be a low scoring grind it out type of game which favors ODU.

Perhaps. But ODU ran 26 times for 51 yards last week. They have primarily been a passing team, which rain and wind might neutralize. Also the rain may keep the crowd from being as big of a factor as they might have been.

ODU was also playing without their top running back Blake Watson. He should be back for Liberty
09-28-2022 07:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.