Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

US Money Committed to Ukraine Has Already Exceeded Cost of First 5 Years Afghan War
Todor Online
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
US Money Committed to Ukraine Has Already Exceeded Cost of First 5 Years Afghan War
https://www.westernjournal.com/us-money-...fghan-war/

Good thing we’re not broke already, because this is going to get costly quickly. We aren’t fighting people in plastic flip flops this time.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2022 12:59 PM by Todor.)
08-04-2022 12:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: US Money Committed to Ukraine Has Already Exceeded Cost of First 5 Years Afghan War
(08-04-2022 12:58 PM)Todor Wrote:  https://www.westernjournal.com/us-money-...fghan-war/

Good thing we’re not broke already, because this is going to get costly quickly. We aren’t fighting people in plastic flip flops this time.

And this is working much better. Not one American casualty while massively reducing Russia's ability to spread war to NATO territory. At least we learned something from 20 years of forever wars. Its better and cheaper in blood and treasure to blunt a war before it ever touches you than it is to "win" that same war.
08-04-2022 01:10 PM
Todor Online
Heisman

RE: US Money Committed to Ukraine Has Already Exceeded Cost of First 5 Years Afghan War
(08-04-2022 01:10 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(08-04-2022 12:58 PM)Todor Wrote:  https://www.westernjournal.com/us-money-...fghan-war/

And this is working much better. Not one American casualty while massively reducing Russia's ability to spread war to NATO territory. At least we learned something from 20 years of forever wars. Its better and cheaper in blood and treasure to blunt a war before it ever touches you than it is to "win" that same war.

Except what created the war in Afghanistan in the first place was funneling money to another bunch of crazies. And we’re still spending billions in the Middle East from the wars created from helping create the Taliban. (Who ultimately defeated us btw)

What do these have in common? Pouring money into anybody and everybody in an attempt to get Russia, get Russia, get Russia.

We started funding the Taliban in the 1980’s and it ended up costing trillions and we still aren’t anywhere near finished. All of these idiotic foreign policy failures look good at some point. But no one has the brains to imagine how it could end up.

But by god, if there’s a fire, we’re there with the gas can and fanning those flames.

Too bad we’re broke from all of this. We’ll give up on Ukraine long before Russia does. And everybody knows that’s true.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2022 01:31 PM by Todor.)
08-04-2022 01:29 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(08-04-2022 01:29 PM)Todor Wrote:  

Except what created the war in Afghanistan in the first place was funneling money to another bunch of crazies. And we’re still spending billions in the Middle East from the wars created from helping create the Taliban. (Who ultimately defeated us btw)

What do these have in common? Pouring money into anybody and everybody in an attempt to get Russia, get Russia, get Russia.

We started funding the Taliban in the 1980’s and it ended up costing trillions and we still aren’t anywhere near finished. All of these idiotic foreign policy failures look good at some point. But no one has the brains to imagine how it could end up.

But by god, if there’s a fire, we’re there with the gas can and fanning those flames.

Too bad we’re broke from all of this. We’ll give up on Ukraine long before Russia does. And everybody knows that’s true.

lol. We already sent Russia screaming to the poor house once. Now Putin, with an economy the size of Iraq's, wants to try again. We will tire of it eventually---but eventually is a pretty long time. When US troops are dying we went about 10 years in Vietnam and 20 years in Iraq/Afghanistan. But when no US troops are dying---our commitment to spend money blocking Russia from threatening us or our allies seems to last a pretty long time. Charlie Wilson sent money to Afghan rebels to fight the Soviets from 1979 to 1992 (13 years). We've been spending money to hold off Russia in Germany for 77 years. We've been spending money to hold off N Korea for 72 years. That Ukrainian spending will soon disappear from the headlines and just get clumped with the defense spending like the Korean and German costs. It will go on as long as need be because its stopping the Russians from entering NATO----which is when Americans start actually dying. Preventing Americans from dying defending NATO is about the best dollar for dollar bang for the buck line item in the entire defense department budget.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2022 03:22 PM by Attackcoog.)
08-04-2022 01:44 PM
Todor Online
Heisman

Oh, we’ve been big spenders. No doubt there. That’s why we are trillions in the hole. Protecting Germany for 77 years. Impressive. But this country will probably be either broken up, part of China, or an insolvent basket case in 77 years. So I if was Ukraine, I wouldn’t hold my breath.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2022 01:59 PM by Todor.)
08-04-2022 01:54 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice

Not just that, but massively reducing Russia's threat overall -- and Russia *is* a threat to world peace. Score one for Romney in 2008.

What we are doing in Ukraine is precisely what England did for 200+ years in destabilizing and keeping in check their competitors and foes.
08-04-2022 02:01 PM
Advertisement

Todor Online
Heisman

(08-04-2022 01:44 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

lol. We already sent Russia screaming to the poor house once. Now Putin, with an economy the size of Iraq's, wants to try again. We will tire of it eventually---but eventually is a pretty long time. When US troops are dying we went about 10 years in Vietnam and 20 years in Iraq/Afghanistan. But when no US troops are dying---our commitment to spend money blocking Russia from threatening us or our allies seems to last a pretty long time. Charlie Wilson sent money to Afghan rebels to fight the Soviets from 1979 to 1992 (13 years). We've been spending money to hold off Russia in Germany for 77 years. We've been spending money to hold off N Korea for 72 years. That Ukrainian spending will soon disappear from the headlines and just get clumped with the defense spending like the Korean and German costs. It will go on as long as need be because its stopping the Russians from entering NATO----which is when Americans start actually dying. Preventing Americans from dying defending NATO is about the best dollar for dollar bang for the buck line item in the entire defense department budget.

So, Russia has a smaller economy than Bangladesh, Chile, Hong Kong, Finland, Ireland et al and is only a little bigger than Ukraine. 04-jawdrop

I know most of what you say is just made up on the fly and largely BS and patriotic bravado, but the fact that you could sit and type that out and not have a huge blaring BS alarm going off in your head is shocking.

American people don’t even has basic precepts of the world around them sometimes. It’s embarrassing. And the ones that should be embarrassed by how little they know are too cocky and/or too dumb to know they should be embarrassed to actually know so little.
08-04-2022 04:30 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(08-04-2022 04:30 PM)Todor Wrote:  

So, Russia has a smaller economy than Bangladesh, Chile, Hong Kong, Finland, Ireland et al and is only a little bigger than Ukraine. 04-jawdrop

I know most of what you say is just made up on the fly and largely BS and patriotic bravado, but the fact that you could sit and type that out and not have a huge blaring BS alarm going off in your head is shocking.

American people don’t even has basic precepts of the world around them sometimes. It’s embarrassing. And the ones that should be embarrassed by how little they know are too cocky and/or too dumb to know they should be embarrassed to actually know so little.

lol---So, after claiming for months that Ukrainians were responsible for bombing 14K innocent citizens to death in Donbas---you're suddenly worried about hyperbole? Fine, yes, my belittlement of the Russian economy was overstated hyperbole. My point was an economy less than one-fourteenth the size of the US economy (and yes, thats a pretty accurate number) isnt going to be able to outlast the US if this becomes another defense spending contest.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2022 08:51 PM by Attackcoog.)
08-04-2022 07:05 PM
Todor Online
Heisman

(08-04-2022 07:05 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(08-04-2022 01:10 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  And this is working much better. Not one American casualty while massively reducing Russia's ability to spread war to NATO territory. At least we learned something from 20 years of forever wars. Its better and cheaper in blood and treasure to blunt a war before it ever touches you than it is to "win" that same war.

lol---So, after claiming for months that Ukrainian Nazis killed 14K innocent citizens in Donbas---you're suddenly worried about hyperbole? Fine, yes, my belittlement of the Russian economy was overstated hyperbole. My point was an economy less than one-fourteenth the size of the US economy (and yes, thats a pretty accurate number) isnt going to be able to outlast the US if this becomes another defense spending contest.

Not buying it for a second. You just have no freaking concept of things. You weren’t comparing Russias economy to the US at all. And if you were using hyperbole, you’d never pick an economy like Iraq that is actually huge to stand in for something that’s really small. That makes no sense either, unless you are just clueless. Nobody would pick one of the worlds major oil exporting countries to stand in for a hypothetical country with a tiny economy.

And I’ve never once stated what you claim I did. Never. I dare you to find it. I dare to find ONE time I said it. You’re on a roll of failure man. Give up already. You’re just lost man. I though you had a little more sense than some of these total buffoons that constantly respond to me, but you’re actually even worse.
08-04-2022 07:43 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(08-04-2022 07:43 PM)Todor Wrote:  
(08-04-2022 07:05 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(08-04-2022 01:29 PM)Todor Wrote:  Except what created the war in Afghanistan in the first place was funneling money to another bunch of crazies. And we’re still spending billions in the Middle East from the wars created from helping create the Taliban. (Who ultimately defeated us btw)

lol---So, after claiming for months that Ukrainian Nazis killed 14K innocent citizens in Donbas---you're suddenly worried about hyperbole? Fine, yes, my belittlement of the Russian economy was overstated hyperbole. My point was an economy less than one-fourteenth the size of the US economy (and yes, thats a pretty accurate number) isnt going to be able to outlast the US if this becomes another defense spending contest.

Not buying it for a second. You just have no freaking concept of things. You weren’t comparing Russias economy to the US at all. And if you were using hyperbole, you’d never pick an economy like Iraq that is actually huge to stand in for something that’s really small. That makes no sense either, unless you are just clueless. Nobody would pick one of the worlds major oil exporting countries to stand in for a hypothetical country with a tiny economy.

And I’ve never once stated what you claim I did. Never. I dare you to find it. I dare to find ONE time I said it. You’re on a roll of failure man. Give up already. You’re just lost man. I though you had a little more sense than some of these total buffoons that constantly respond to me, but you’re actually even worse.

Have you foolishly claimed the Ukrainians are responsible for killing 14,000 civilians? Yeah--multiple times. Did you say the exact quote that Ukrainian Nazis killed 14,000 in Donbas---no. So, I apologize for the misquote and will remove it. I will replace it with the foolishness you actually said. As is obvious below---you dont have a clue as to what you're talking about. The vast majority of the 14K killed were combatants on both sides---not innocent civilians.

14,000 died in the past 8 years getting bombed by Ukraine, which is what lead to this war. They have been fighting and dying just trying to survive. Pay attention people.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-943115-post-18...id18188682

If you want to start a war with Russia, kill 14,000 Russians in Donbas over 8 years and see what that gets you. I know nobody likes the 14,000 number but that’s what the UN says have died.

I don’t care what stating that makes me look like because it’s true. And they were gearing up to try to retake Donbas when Russia stepped in.

Whoever thinks this war started when Russian soldiers crossed the Ukrainian border needs to think again because this war was started long ago. And Russia didn’t start it.

At what point do YOU think this war started?

https://csnbbs.com/thread-945177-post-18...id18165110

I’d Ukraine cared about it civilians, it would have 14,000 more than it used to, it wouldn’t provoke wars, and it would have a better military.

How do you feel about civilians the US kills in its wars?

https://csnbbs.com/thread-943242-post-18...id18106974

Casualties
https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki...ainian_War
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2022 10:47 PM by Attackcoog.)
08-04-2022 08:50 PM
Todor Online
Heisman

Exactly as I predicted. You can’t do it.
08-04-2022 08:58 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
08-05-2022 02:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
They are about to send them 1 billion more

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/exc...022-08-05/

If this doesnt piss you off you are a moron

I said it frickin day one. We had the biggest virus scam, then the biggest election scam, now the biggest money scam in history

Frick all you Ukraine flag waving dumb dumbs
08-05-2022 03:26 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

BREAKING: Biden admin to send additional $4.5 BILLION to Ukraine

Quote:The Biden White House will provide Ukraine with an additional $4.5 billion, increasing the total budgetary support sent to the country since February's invasion by Russia to nearly $60 billion. These new funds will go directly to Ukraine's government.

According to Reuters, the US Agency for International Development made the announcement on Monday: "The funding, coordinated with the U.S. Treasury Department through the World Bank, will go to the Ukraine government in tranches, beginning with a $3 billion disbursement in August, USAID, the Agency for International Development, said," they report.

Transfer payments of $1.7 billion in July and $1.3 billion in June were already made earlier this year. Billions were also provided in military support, and a $1 billion weapons package is expected to make its way in the near future.

Ukrainian officials say that they face a $5-billion-a-month fiscal shortfall due to the war. The World Bank estimates that over half of Ukrainians willl be living in poverty by the end of 2023.

USAID says that the US's financial support to the wartorn Ukraine has allowed for their government to keep gas and electricity flowing to critical infrastructure. The funds have also gone towards teachers, nurses, and other civil servants.

"The United States remains committed to supporting Ukraine and its people in the wake of Russia’s unprovoked and unjustified war," USAID said in a statement.

The Biden White House approved $54 billion to be sent to Ukraine earlier this year.
08-08-2022 01:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

08-18-2022 05:35 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(08-05-2022 03:26 PM)shere khan Wrote:  They are about to send them 1 billion more

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/exc...022-08-05/

If this doesnt piss you off you are a moron

I said it frickin day one. We had the biggest virus scam, then the biggest election scam, now the biggest money scam in history

Frick all you Ukraine flag waving dumb dumbs

yes, we did ... I came with it when *bidet gave 'em the invite...

yet, too many want to glean over the real reasons 'why' ... I'm sick of talking about nonsense...

#postearlypostoften
08-18-2022 05:56 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
And

In my short simple form of replies

Ukraine is getting its shite kicked in
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2022 05:58 PM by shere khan.)
08-18-2022 05:57 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2022 11:49 AM by CrimsonPhantom.)
08-23-2022 11:45 AM
Eldonabe Online
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
We can send billion's of dollars to another country just because they asked and cannot pay for free lunches/breakfasts for a couple million kids who don't know where there next meal is coming from in our own country (which is a disproportionally POC problem).

Way to go Joe!

No More Free Lunches

And this is being reported by NBdnC not Fox.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2022 12:14 PM by Eldonabe.)
08-23-2022 12:14 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
I guess having Hunter on the board of a Ukrainian company was a good ROI.
08-24-2022 10:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.