Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Boise State: Pac 12? Big Xii?
Huan Offline
1st String

I Root For: TTU, USA,
Boise State: Pac 12? Big Xii?
I expect both conferences will continue to exist. I don't expect teams to move from one to the other conference. The pac will look for replacements. SDSU has already been mentioned in its own thread; so has CSU. What about BSU? Would pac (and big xii) academic snobbery continue to exclude them? if not, would both conferences make a play for BSU?

Assuming both conferences are interested, and finances are equivalent, who would BSU choose?
07-01-2022 01:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
RE: Boise State: Pac 12? Big Xii?
I think XII because Boise has a valuable brand athletically but not the academics to get a sniff from the PAC.
07-01-2022 01:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
46566 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Gonzaga
Boise picks the PAC 12. Though they're probably the Fourth pick. I think San Diego state, UNLV and Colorado State are a given if they go to 14. In my opinion it's a toss up between Boise and Fresno. Fresno only is getting a nod because they may want a fourth option to get a California game.
07-01-2022 01:58 PM
PlayBall! Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kansas & Big XII
If the B1G's raid on the PAC stops at 6 or less, a good chance the leftbehinds would raid the MWC. Boise, Hawaii, UNLV, SDSU.

However, there's probably better money to be had by the PAC12- to merge with the Big XII instead. Boise might be included as a new part of the Pacific Division, but I'll _guess_ not.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2022 02:00 PM by PlayBall!.)
07-01-2022 01:59 PM
SMUmustangs Offline
All American

I Root For:
Boise State has had their best days. In the Big12 or PAC they would struggle to go 6-6. It is one thing to get sky high for one game, but to play at that level week end and week out is something else. Then they would be just a far off school with no national fan base and no basketball, baseball etc.

Also, I do not think they will ever be considered by the PAC because of their academics.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2022 07:25 PM by SMUmustangs.)
07-01-2022 02:04 PM
1845 Bear Offline

I Root For: Baylor
(07-01-2022 01:51 PM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  I think XII because Boise has a valuable brand athletically but not the academics to get a sniff from the PAC.

Depends how desperate leagues get. Academics was supposed to make UL a non-starter with the ACC...
07-01-2022 02:16 PM
Advertisement

RUScarlets Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rutgers
I don't think they would consider both BYU/BSU.

It would be BSU/SDSU all sports. BYU/SDSU. Or BYU football only/SDSU.

I can see KU coming only if they sign a GoR or have a clause to rejoin the Big 12 in the event of future defections. Same for all other Big 12 members.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2022 02:18 PM by RUScarlets.)
07-01-2022 02:17 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-01-2022 02:17 PM)RUScarlets Wrote:  I don't think they would consider both BYU/BSU.

I can see KU coming only if they sign a GoR or have a clause to rejoin the Big 12 in the event of future defections. Same for all other Big 12 members.

Kansas is looking at the Big East.

Nobody has time for their shoddy FB.
07-01-2022 02:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
(07-01-2022 02:19 PM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  
(07-01-2022 02:17 PM)RUScarlets Wrote:  I don't think they would consider both BYU/BSU.

Do you have a source for this or is this just hyperbole and speculation?
07-01-2022 02:30 PM
BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats

That is complete utter nonsense. Kansas is not taking significantly less money to move to the Big East.
07-01-2022 02:33 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-01-2022 02:33 PM)BcatMatt13 Wrote:  

That is complete utter nonsense. Kansas is not taking significantly less money to move to the Big East.

XII money must be pretty bad to do that.
07-01-2022 02:44 PM
Advertisement

GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

(07-01-2022 02:44 PM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  

Again, where is your source that Kansas is looking at joining the Big East? Also, where is your source that the Big XII will be a terrible hoops league once BYU, Cincinnati, Houston, and UCF join exactly one year from now? The Big XII as a basketball league would actually improve if all the realignment that we know will happen before yesterday's earth-shattering announcement from the LA schools took place. So Kansas is still in a top-notch hoops league.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2022 03:30 PM by GeminiCoog.)
07-01-2022 02:48 PM
NeighSayer Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Boise State
(07-01-2022 02:04 PM)SMUmustangs Wrote:  Boise State has had their best days. In the Big12 or PAC they would struggle to go 6-6. It is one thing to get sky high for one game, but to play at that level week end and week out is something else. Then they would be just a far off school with no national fan base and no basketball, baseball etc.

Also, they will never be considered by the PAC because of their academics.

You make it sound as if Boise State couldn’t do exactly what Utah and TCU have done since they got the call up…but the Broncos’ entire history has been the same pattern: move up, compete, succeed, repeat. No reason we couldn’t or wouldn’t do it again. We already do more with less than most P5 programs. Just imagine what we’ll do with actual resources.

As for fanbase, Fox seems to think we have quite a bit of value. People know when they see the blue turf that they are in for an exciting brand of football. I’ll trust the network’s analysis of our national appeal over yours.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2022 02:53 PM by NeighSayer.)
07-01-2022 02:50 PM
1845 Bear Offline

I Root For: Baylor
(07-01-2022 02:44 PM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  

Nobody is losing a payout in the tens of millions to go make less than ten. Foolish rumor.

Just because it made sense for UConn people think KU is following suit with no financial reason to and no history with the Big East schools and costing more in travel?
07-01-2022 02:51 PM
BePcr07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
If Boise St does not get a PAC invite - which may be worthless if/when it happens - the XII may be an option but I seriously have my doubts. Strengthening the MWC may be Boise St's best option.
07-01-2022 03:26 PM
SMUmustangs Offline
All American

I Root For:
(07-01-2022 02:50 PM)NeighSayer Wrote:  
(07-01-2022 02:04 PM)SMUmustangs Wrote:  Boise State has had their best days. In the Big12 or PAC they would struggle to go 6-6. It is one thing to get sky high for one game, but to play at that level week end and week out is something else. Then they would be just a far off school with no national fan base and no basketball, baseball etc.

Also, they will never be considered by the PAC because of their academics.

You make it sound as if Boise State couldn’t do exactly what Utah and TCU have done since they got the call up…but the Broncos’ entire history has been the same pattern: move up, compete, succeed, repeat. No reason we couldn’t or wouldn’t do it again. We already do more with less than most P5 programs. Just imagine what we’ll do with actual resources.

As for fanbase, Fox seems to think we have quite a bit of value. People know when they see the blue turf that they are in for an exciting brand of football. I’ll trust the network’s analysis of our national appeal over yours.

I understand where you are coming from. If I was a Boise fan I would probably feel the same way. However I am just an observer. I am not sure that Fox sees things the way you do. Who knows how they currently feel. Personally, when I see the blue turf, I think small time football trying to get attention.

As I said, Boise in the PAC or Big12 playing quality opponents every week would struggle and no longer have the media appeal they use to have.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2022 03:51 PM by SMUmustangs.)
07-01-2022 03:50 PM
Advertisement

cc22 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: football
It’s literally unbelievable that KU would go to the Big East, go independent in football and give up millions of dollars. Anyone who believes that should not be listened to.
07-01-2022 04:33 PM
GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

(07-01-2022 04:33 PM)cc22 Wrote:  It’s literally unbelievable that KU would go to the Big East, go independent in football and give up millions of dollars. Anyone who believes that should not be listened to.

He's just a troll who's mad that his school is still a member of the MAC. (Which ain't a bad league, actually.)
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2022 04:34 PM by GeminiCoog.)
07-01-2022 04:34 PM
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

I Root For: North Texas
I'll play.

I say the BIG10 and Big12 kill off the PAC (members vote to disband the conference leaving Oregon State & Washington State homeless). Boise stays in the unchanged MWC. OSU & WSU are both offered but refuse full memberships, instead opting to place their Olympic sports in the MWC in exchange for limited scheduling alliances in football.
07-01-2022 04:54 PM
GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

(07-01-2022 04:54 PM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  I'll play.

I say the BIG10 and Big12 kill off the PAC (members vote to disband the conference leaving Oregon State & Washington State homeless). Boise stays in the unchanged MWC. OSU & WSU are both offered but refuse full memberships, instead opting to place their Olympic sports in the MWC in exchange for limited scheduling alliances in football.

Definitely a possibility. Or the Pac could add SDSU and UNLV to help offset the loss of both the Los Angeles schools.
07-01-2022 04:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.