Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is this man the George Washington of Ukraine?
Was SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mustard Buzzard
Is this man the George Washington of Ukraine?
Regardless of how you feel about the man this speech is more than powerful.

05-09-2022 11:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
RE: Is this man the George Washington of Ukraine?
According to his American PR firm. Every word out of his mouth comes from them. He’s an actor. Nothing more, nothing less.
05-09-2022 11:31 AM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
I'm of the opinion that there are no real good actors on either side. Zelensky isn't the hero he's made out to be in the West. He's a comedian/actor turned corrupt strongman. There's so much propaganda in the West about this conflict, you can't take anything you read at face value.
05-09-2022 11:40 AM
Gamenole Offline
All American

I Root For: S Carolina & Fla State
I think he is certainly the leader Ukraine needed in these dark days, but I'd call him more their James Madison than George Washington. Ukraine has been independent since 1991, to me Zelensky is more akin to James Madison who defended and solidified US independence in the War of 1812 than to Washington who led us to independence in the first place. He might also be compared to Lincoln for leading his nation during its most existential crisis, although it is far less a "civil war" than the Russians would like us to believe.
05-09-2022 11:43 AM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Our entire involvement in this war is so folks in the Biden admin, Raytheon, Lockheed, etc. can line their pockets. Wouldn't surprise me at all if tons and tons of dirty money is being washed.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2022 11:47 AM by ECUGrad07.)
05-09-2022 11:46 AM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Based on Tudor’s comments, he should be called Ukraine’s Putin due to his brutality against his own people.
05-09-2022 11:53 AM
Advertisement

Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(05-09-2022 11:31 AM)Todor Wrote:  According to his American PR firm. Every word out of his mouth comes from them. He’s an actor. Nothing more, nothing less.

Every politician has to be a good actor.

But Zelensky has shown other skills too. For example, "I need ammunition, not a ride" are the words of a fighter and a genuine leader, not an actor.

And even you've got to admit that Ukraine has done a decent job managing the war. Ukraine is a dirt poor kleptocracy, and yet they've somehow held onto 90% of their country against a world superpower that is 10x their size.

I'm sure you'll give credit for that to NATO weapons. But even with NATO weapons, Ukraine is still heavily outgunned by Russia. And all the weapons in the world don't do a lick of good if the war is poorly managed (see France in 1940 or Gallipoli in 1915 or Russia in 1905 for examples).
05-09-2022 12:03 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(05-09-2022 11:31 AM)Todor Wrote:  According to his American PR firm. Every word out of his mouth comes from them. He’s an actor. Nothing more, nothing less.

Wow, you're quite an apologist for Russia. Why? Are you Russian or what's your stake in this? I'm curious...
05-09-2022 12:08 PM
Was SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mustard Buzzard
(05-09-2022 12:08 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  

Wow, you're quite an apologist for Russia. Why? Are you Russian or what's your stake in this? I'm curious...

He will not say. But there is no excuse for what Russia has done. No one was going to invade Russia. Nobody from Europe anyway. They had better keep a close eye on China in the east.
05-09-2022 12:22 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Love him or hate him, he has done a masterful job at managing the image of this war, his office, and his country.
05-09-2022 12:24 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
(05-09-2022 12:22 PM)Was SoMs Eagle Wrote:  

He will not say. But there is no excuse for what Russia has done. No one was going to invade Russia. Nobody from Europe anyway. They had better keep a close eye on China in the east.

Is pro russian sentiment such a normal thing on the right? I keep seeing people just like him all over this board.
05-09-2022 12:26 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
FFS

03-no
05-09-2022 12:30 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(05-09-2022 12:26 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  
(05-09-2022 12:22 PM)Was SoMs Eagle Wrote:  

Is pro russian sentiment such a normal thing on the right? I keep seeing people just like him all over this board.

Self awareness while not being duped by propaganda is a thing of the right.

Who is pro russian?
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2022 12:33 PM by shere khan.)
05-09-2022 12:33 PM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
No, he is not. Everyone who is getting sucked in by this guy is falling for propaganda not only from Ukraine, but from Europe and the U.S. as well. He loves freedom probably a little more than Joseph Stalin did. Despite all that, the longer Ukraine fights Russia to a stalemate means that the weaker Russia becomes and the bigger the anchor around China's neck considering it called Russia its closest ally.

IMHO, the right call in all of this would have been to develop a friendship with Russia to squeeze the Chinese until they were weakened while the U.S. and Europe removed the MNCs from China and either reestablish more mfg in the MNC's home country and/or built mfg up in much friendly locations abroad. Demographic grim reaper was going to call on the Russians and Chinese soon enough, so why not work to kneecap the stronger of the 2 (China) and then let nature run its course.
05-09-2022 12:33 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

(05-09-2022 12:03 PM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  

But Zelensky has shown other skills too. For example, "I need ammunition, not a ride" are the words of a fighter and a genuine leader, not an actor.

And even you've got to admit that Ukraine has done a decent job managing the war. Ukraine is a dirt poor kleptocracy, and yet they've somehow held onto 90% of their country against a world superpower that is 10x their size.

I'm sure you'll give credit for that to NATO weapons. But even with NATO weapons, Ukraine is still heavily outgunned by Russia. And all the weapons in the world don't do a lick of good if the war is poorly managed (see France in 1940 or Gallipoli in 1915 or Russia in 1905 for examples).

Ukraine hasn’t done anything. NATO has. Ukraine isn’t using the weapons. Foreigners are. NATO is. They say they aren’t seeking a conflict with Russia and are strictly defensive, but they jump into a war with Russia the first chance it gets voluntarily. No wonder Russia knows they were in the crosshairs all along. Everything nato does regarding Russia has been aggressive for decades.
05-09-2022 03:06 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

I was posting about Zelensky from Ukraine. I wasn’t talking Russia. Zelensky’s previous job before become president, despite refusing to debate or campaign, except for a few instagram ads, was playing the president of Ukraine in a tv series.

“Thrust into a leadership role, the plucky Jewish boy from Ukraine who had never even been in government, single-handedly held off the evil empire of Russia and its President, the dastardly Vladimir Putin.”

This is level of corn ball the people are being asked to believe.

And I thought most people on here didn’t like Walt Disney movies03-lmfao If you like bad made for TV movies, you’re in luck, because you’ve got one playing. I think it’s kind of a cross between Flubber and the Nutty Professor.
05-09-2022 03:17 PM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(05-09-2022 12:33 PM)miko33 Wrote:  No, he is not. Everyone who is getting sucked in by this guy is falling for propaganda not only from Ukraine, but from Europe and the U.S. as well. He loves freedom probably a little more than Joseph Stalin did. Despite all that, the longer Ukraine fights Russia to a stalemate means that the weaker Russia becomes and the bigger the anchor around China's neck considering it called Russia its closest ally.

IMHO, the right call in all of this would have been to develop a friendship with Russia to squeeze the Chinese until they were weakened while the U.S. and Europe removed the MNCs from China and either reestablish more mfg in the MNC's home country and/or built mfg up in much friendly locations abroad. Demographic grim reaper was going to call on the Russians and Chinese soon enough, so why not work to kneecap the stronger of the 2 (China) and then let nature run its course.

I'd prefer to have done it the way you lay out---but its going to work out either way. The Chinese now realize their ally isnt the value added partner they thought they were getting---plus they historically hate each other anyway. I dont see the partnership ever amounting to much. My guess is the Chinese will soon have so many issues domestically they wont be in a position to be trying to project any new world order on the rest of the globe.
05-09-2022 03:58 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(05-09-2022 03:06 PM)Todor Wrote:  

Ukraine hasn’t done anything. NATO has. Ukraine isn’t using the weapons. Foreigners are. NATO is. They say they aren’t seeking a conflict with Russia and are strictly defensive, but they jump into a war with Russia the first chance it gets voluntarily. No wonder Russia knows they were in the crosshairs all along. Everything nato does regarding Russia has been aggressive for decades.

Do you really think there are NATO troops in Ukraine?

If there's so many Americans and Frenchmen and Poles in Ukraine, why has Russia only captured ethnic Ukrainian POW's?
05-09-2022 04:43 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(05-09-2022 04:43 PM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  
(05-09-2022 03:06 PM)Todor Wrote:  

Do you really think there are NATO troops in Ukraine?

If there's so many Americans and Frenchmen and Poles in Ukraine, why has Russia only captured ethnic Ukrainian POW's?

The propaganda in his posts reaches new "jumping the shark" levels each day. What else can you do when your expected 3 day pushover "special operation" hits day 75 of futility. As a comparison, Baghdad fell in 35 days. The US lost 9 tanks---7 from friendly fire. We lost more during the insurgency than we did to the Iraqi Army's T-72's.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2022 05:00 PM by Attackcoog.)
05-09-2022 04:51 PM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
(05-09-2022 04:43 PM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  Do you really think there are NATO troops in Ukraine?

I mean, there are definitely Americans along with volunteers from a slew of other countries currently fighting in Ukraine. One of Canada's best snipers (Wali) made the trip out there to help with the fight:

Quote:Wali, who has been in Ukraine for five weeks, is one of several thousand foreigners who have heeded the Ukrainian government’s call for outside help against the Russian invader. But he is not just any volunteer. His story has made media headlines since the beginning of the conflict, although some of the claims have little basis in reality, as he himself admits. “The best sniper in the world at the service of Ukraine,” headlined one French magazine. “He can kill 40 soldiers in one day,” claimed an Indian digital news site. “He holds the record for long-range killing at 3,540 meters,” asserted a Spanish daily.

https://english.elpais.com/international...raine.html

But that doesn't mean there are troops fighting under the NATO banner in Ukraine. And these seem to be actual volunteers rather than the "volunteers" Russia sent into Ukraine in 2014.
05-09-2022 05:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.