Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game #18 @ Towson
Bookmark and Share
hiroshimacarp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Drexel
Game #18 @ Towson
i'm mostly starting this now because i'm planning to head down there tomorrow and hoping people can post updates if they hear anything. the towson court issue is in 3 separate threads.

my feeling is towson should have had to forfeit last night and if they can't get their court ready...forfeit tomorrow too. i can only remember one other time hearing about a game being called off due to floor issues. our game earlier this year was a roof issue. some of you get really specific so i'm just clarifying. pitt was supposed to play gonzaga in okinawa in 2015 but they had condensation issues on the court. that was a one off exhibition game though. not a good look but it's more understandable when you don't host college basketball games all the time.

i want the game to be played by the way. their band will be the best left in the league after jmu leaves. i was really looking forward to hearing them.
01-28-2022 07:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hiroshimacarp Offline
1st String

RE: Game #18 @ Towson
i'll just add that as bad a look at this is for towson...at least this wasn't a medical emergency. that was my first worry when they said the game was suspended during our game. the last few times i've seen that...somebody collapsed.
01-28-2022 08:00 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

I believe Towson already canceled Monday so can't imagine ours gets played tomorrow
01-28-2022 10:38 AM
hiroshimacarp Offline
1st String

the jmu game was moved before last night...so i think that was related to the floor issue. i don't see anything about postponing the women's game there tonight either.
01-28-2022 10:47 AM
J.B. Offline

(01-28-2022 10:38 AM)dan10 Wrote:  I believe Towson already canceled Monday so can't imagine ours gets played tomorrow

I don't see a game on their schedule for them for Monday. Also, this is a four games in four days home weekend for men's and women's basketball at Towson. Their women play tonight and Sunday. They're going to have to figure something out. Someone suggested that if it's a floor issue, moving the floor from the Towson Center to SECU. Or they could just play at the Towson Center. Or play at a local high school. With Covid rescheduling, there just aren't enough days on the schedule to keep rescheduling games.
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022 10:50 AM by J.B..)
01-28-2022 10:50 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

No doubt. I am sure we will know for sure tonight based on the women's game thats supposed to be there. With that said, skipping them before the flight to UNCW isnt the worst case scenario. Especially with UNCW having Hofstra tomorrow. More rested on a road trip cant be a bad thing.
01-28-2022 10:59 AM
Advertisement

J.B. Offline

I do see that that Towson/JMU game that you are talking about was rescheduled for later in the season, but I do wonder if it's due to the floor issues. Strange if that's the reason since there's 3 games at SECU before that.
01-28-2022 11:06 AM
metsox Offline
Water Engineer

(01-28-2022 11:06 AM)J.B. Wrote:  I do see that that Towson/JMU game that you are talking about was rescheduled for later in the season, but I do wonder if it's due to the floor issues. Strange if that's the reason since there's 3 games at SECU before that.

It wasn't due to floor issues. Apparently mutual decision between the schools to reschedule.

The cynic in me thinks JMU is trying to get Strickland healthy before they play that, but who knows what the real story is. Clearly one team asked to push and the other agreed, I doubt they simultaneously decided to push from an agreed upon date.
01-28-2022 02:16 PM
hiroshimacarp Offline
1st String

i meant to say i don't think the rescheduled jmu game is related to the floor issue. sorry.

they're moving forward with the women's game based on the twitter post 20 minutes ago. we'll see how it goes. hopefully ice skates will be available for use both inside and outside based on the weather forecast.
01-28-2022 04:59 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Yeah seems like tomorrow will be a go unless there is a hiccup tonight.

As for the game, Towson is who they are. A physical brute of a team. Without JB this could be a tough go. If JB is healthy enough to log some minutes, that will be crucial. Will be interesting to see if Towson is afraid of Amari or they go right at him to get him in foul trouble. We will certainly need our hot shooting in this one if we wish to win. My gut says JB will be limited and we are in for a rough one.

Drexel- 68
Towson- 76
01-28-2022 05:14 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Towson favored by 6.5
01-29-2022 08:13 AM
Advertisement

dan10 Offline
Heisman

just past the under 4 we lead 27-17. towson is 0-5 from 3
01-29-2022 02:37 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Skerry timeout. up 29-17. Towson cant get anything to fall even with multiple chances
01-29-2022 02:39 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Up 34-22 at half. Towson not playing well at all. Announcers are beating up on their own Towson squad some. Gotta keep it up in the 2nd half when Towson makes their run
01-29-2022 02:44 PM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hofstra and FSU
Each team has 2 assists, and Wynter doesn't have any. Towson is normally great at rebounding, but you have 4 more. Butler and Williams split time. Williams has 6 points, 4 rebounds, and 1 block in 11 minutes, but he shot 3-7. Butler has 4 points and 3 rebounds in 9 minutes, and shot 2-2. Butler has 1 foul, and Williams didn't commit any. Wynter is the only double-digit scorer on either team with 11, and Martin leads all players with 6 rebounds. Charles Thompson leads Towson with 8 points and 4 rebounds. Towson shot threes 0-5. Their season-low in threes made was 3 against you.

Last Saturday the first CAA game had Hofstra win 72-50 at Northeastern. Today the first CAA game has the road team on pace to win 68-44.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2022 02:59 PM by EvanJ.)
01-29-2022 02:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Under 12 we lead 47-41. Cam doing everything for us. Thankfully he is making shots. Need more movement from everyone. Rizzuto cant seem to miss right now.
01-29-2022 03:17 PM
Advertisement

dan10 Offline
Heisman

tied at 47 at the under 8. Towson playing like they want it. We are standing around hoping Cam can bail us out.
01-29-2022 03:29 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Down 59-52 at the under 4 now. Embarrassing effort this half. We just ended their 16-0 run with a transition 3. We are not running any offense and wonder why we cant score. We were around 8 minutes without scoring and in that time we really were not even close to getting a basket or good look. Having a guy stand in each corner is not good
01-29-2022 03:41 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Highly unfortunate loss, but we did not deserve to win. Towson won 66-62. Thompson had a career game today. We backed down Amari and JB constantly and we never doubled
01-29-2022 03:58 PM
hiroshimacarp Offline
1st String

this loss falls on spiker. like you said...we stopped running any semblance of an offense and gave them every matchup they wanted. we had no answer when they came out with a press in the 2nd half which we should've seen coming. it was like we expected wynter to go for 40 and thompson to suddenly just start missing. they got jurich on holden and took advantage of it every time.
01-29-2022 06:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.