ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Positive COVID test
Blue_Trombone Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Hey y'all, I know a lot of us are traveling for the holiday season to see family and loved ones.

This morning I tested positive for COVID, and I suspect I got it while at the bowl game, since I didn't do many other things this week that would have exposed me to the virus.

If you guys are feeling symptoms please go and get a test. I had a slight cough yesterday but tested negative, symptoms got worse throughout the day and this morning I was positive, so this can escalate quickly.

I'm feeling well enough, sick but not the worst I've felt. Just wanted to put this out there to let people know there might have been a spread of the virus at the Bowl Game. Wanted to put it on the main board for more visibility.

Take care y'all and I hope you can have a happy, healthy, and uninterrupted holiday season. Love you Monarch Nation.
12-24-2021 12:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: OT: Positive COVID test
(12-24-2021 12:31 PM)Blue_Trombone Wrote:  Hey y'all, I know a lot of us are traveling for the holiday season to see family and loved ones.

This morning I tested positive for COVID, and I suspect I got it while at the bowl game, since I didn't do many other things this week that would have exposed me to the virus.

If you guys are feeling symptoms please go and get a test. I had a slight cough yesterday but tested negative, symptoms got worse throughout the day and this morning I was positive, so this can escalate quickly.

I'm feeling well enough, sick but not the worst I've felt. Just wanted to put this out there to let people know there might have been a spread of the virus at the Bowl Game. Wanted to put it on the main board for more visibility.

Take care y'all and I hope you can have a happy, healthy, and uninterrupted holiday season. Love you Monarch Nation.

Hope you get to feeling better real soon. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
12-24-2021 12:36 PM
DWING Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU & JMU & ECU
(12-24-2021 12:31 PM)Blue_Trombone Wrote:  Hey y'all, I know a lot of us are traveling for the holiday season to see family and loved ones.

BT, wishing you a speedy recovery
12-24-2021 01:43 PM
ODUCoach Offline
Heisman

Get well, BT.
12-24-2021 01:56 PM
Mo Blue Den You Offline
1st String

Wishing you the best Blue. Here’s to a quick and speedy recovery and turn around.

Merry Christmas.
12-24-2021 02:12 PM
DaBigBlue Offline
Heisman

Get well Blue. Had a sore throat, but think it was from yelling. Daughter did just test positive from a concert she thinks. Two of her other friends also have it. All vax up. Be safe.
12-24-2021 02:27 PM
Advertisement

AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

Sorry for the timing, B.T. It’s got to be extra annoying to be dealing with this stuff over the holidays. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

I am convinced that we all are going to be dealing with this at some point, no matter how careful (or not) one may be. DaBig, as always, is exactly right. Get vaxxed. Be safe.
12-24-2021 03:48 PM
AimHigher Offline
Heisman

Anyone looking to get tested in the Chesapeake/Va Beach area the CVS on Kempsville and Volvo is drive up after registering online first. My results have come back within 16hrs or less..
12-24-2021 07:26 PM
jaybird44 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: old dominion,va
Sir, I hope you feel better. I had covid last Christmas and my family and I were separated and it absolutely sucked, but as I did, the good Lord will get you through it and we will be looking foward to you being healthy and reading your posts soon. Many prayers to you sir.
12-24-2021 08:05 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

Recover quickly and fully, BT.
12-24-2021 11:23 PM
Monarch Pride Offline
Banned

I Root For: Bleed Blue!

Hope you were vaccinated to mitigate the effect.
12-25-2021 12:31 AM
Advertisement

ODUMONARCHZ1 Online
Heisman

I was with BT but haven't suffered any symptoms yet. Was tested today but won't get results until tomorrow. Self quarantining until then. Stay safe and happy holidays everyone.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
12-25-2021 12:57 PM
LuckyLion Offline
1st String

Hope you get better soon and don't get very sick. A friend messaged me last night her daughter had gone to the Bowl and has tested positive, as have 3 from her group. I know she was vaccinated, but not sure if she had a booster. So far, my group of 3 is fine. We were all vaxxed and boostered. I'm glad we got our Bowl in early, before all the cancelling started. If I had a CFP team, I'd have them isolated under lock and key until after the National Championship.
12-25-2021 01:06 PM
Blue_Trombone Offline
Heisman

Thank y'all for all the kind comments. I am feeling better now after having a fever of 101 friday night (normal temperature now), seem to be on the mend. I was fully vaccinated and got the booster the friday before the bowl (probably not soon enough for full effect but it was the soonest I could get it).

I agree with LL, if I was any of the CFP teams I'd be terrified until the games can start getting played.

Merry Christmas y'all and a Happy 2022!
12-25-2021 02:30 PM
ODU2011 Offline
1st String

Glad to hear you’re feeling better! Merry Christmas and happy New Year!!
12-25-2021 10:31 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(12-25-2021 02:30 PM)Blue_Trombone Wrote:  Thank y'all for all the kind comments. I am feeling better now after having a fever of 101 friday night (normal temperature now), seem to be on the mend. I was fully vaccinated and got the booster the friday before the bowl (probably not soon enough for full effect but it was the soonest I could get it).

I agree with LL, if I was any of the CFP teams I'd be terrified until the games can start getting played.

Merry Christmas y'all and a Happy 2022!

Good to hear you are doing alright.I am in the same boat. I got my booster 5 days before the game. I thought the sour throat was from all that screaming and once temps and runny nose hit i grew suspicious well it turns out i contracted it at the game even with us sitting few feet away from others but i am doing all right. Thanks to the vaccines.Stay safe Y'all.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2021 02:02 AM by 12thmonarch.)
12-26-2021 02:00 AM
Advertisement

ODUalum78 Online
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
Not much more about Covid, so I assume that the bowl game did NOT turn out to be a significant "spreader" event!

My wife and I sat in 217 with only a few people near us.
I went down to the very crowded sec. 125 briefly to speak to ETSUDB8-79.

We also attended the alumni tailgate. I really enjoyed seeing those of you whom I knew, and getting to meet some of you from the boards for the first time.

Happy and safe new year to all of you.
04-cheers
01-01-2022 01:11 PM
The Doctor Is In Offline
Special Teams

We went to the tailgate and game (Section 124) as well. Had a great time at both events even though the weather was a bit uncooperative. Hoping that this is the beginning of a string of bowl games! Also hoping that this is a healthy new year for all Monarch fans!
01-01-2022 02:27 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

Gotta live your best life, even in these times.

Last Thanksgiving, was part of a twice delayed wedding in NC where a good number of folks contracted COVID. There were some >80 years old in that group. We were all tested prior, took all of the masking and distancing recommended precautions, but the event resulted in some illness. EVERYONE, even the most vulnerable, recovered fully. It was a beautiful and extremely fun event, and I'd gladly take a few days of sickness for such a bonding and fun experience. Such events make life worth living.

Same with this latest Bowl game in Myrtle. The boys and I were there and enjoyed a NORMAL tailgate with good folks and a stadium full of ODU fans. Worth the risk, IMO, and none of our group got ill. Consider it a great, and easy to make trip, and would gladly do it again.

Have my booster sked for Saturday. Don't want to get it, but trying to do the right thing for everyone, not just me. Not sure if getting the shot helps or hurts those more vulnerable, as data is mixed on spread, even from those vaccinated.

Not making any political statements, but enjoy those things and events that you can, as yesterday can never be relived.
01-06-2022 12:51 AM
MonGNARch Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Ol' Dirty
Glad you're feeling better BT! I also tested positive right before Christmas (was not at the bowl game) and had to spend Christmas and New Years at home. I also got it right before Thanksgiving 2020. Both times sucked, in terms of health and the isolation, so I know how that feels. I hope your 2022 is back on track and you have a great year! 04-cheers
01-06-2022 07:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.