Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UVA game - Tuesday 12/7 - 6:30pm
Bookmark and Share
PGJMU2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Dukes
MyBB UVA game - Tuesday 12/7 - 6:30pm
too early? football on the mind?

looks like 30 tickets left for a sell out.

I was more optimistic about the outcome 2 weeks ago. UVa is playing better. The Dukes seemed to have stalled a bit. We will need great defense, a good night from 3 point range and the crowd.

--Mod edit: thread title for date/time--
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2021 10:58 AM by Deez Nuts.)
11-29-2021 03:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMUNation Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU
RE: UVA game
In just year two of his program, this would be a big upset. Bennett will whip UVA into shape. He is one of the top coaches in the country. I just hope we can make it competitive. A win would be an unexpected bonus.
11-29-2021 06:24 PM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
Only 16 single tickets left.

All in the upper deck corner.
11-29-2021 06:35 PM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
UVA game
Hope people actually show up to occupy those sold out seats.

I mostly think they will for this one.
11-29-2021 06:43 PM
JMUNation Offline
All American

A sold out JMU basketball arena. Can’t wait.
11-29-2021 06:46 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Cool. I’m glad the sellout is in place now. Hopefully, mostly JMU fans but I suspect there will be a lot of Valley UVA fans there.
Please, please let the students in early so they can take all the general admission seats behind the South baseline before UVA fans get them. They should be student seating anyway, but somebody made a poor choice to allow general admission tickets front row seats if they get there early enough. I’m waiting for that to be fixed.

Homecourt advantage is huge in college hoops and probably worth a few extra points in this game that means so much to the program.
1- UVA is not as good this year. Vulnerable. No NBA prospects on their roster.
2- JMU doesn’t have another big game all year. This is our superbowl.
3 - Dukes will need to shoot well from 3. Falden, Hodge, and who else will be the 3rd?

Whatver happens, we know it will be low scoring and JMU will be forced to win a half court game that UVA can keep in the 40’s or 50’s which is the exact opposite of how coach By has built this roster. I don’t like the chances, but it will be fun to watch and root for the underdog in our new Electric Zoo.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2021 07:22 PM by Hart Foundation.)
11-29-2021 07:21 PM
Advertisement

s2dsayer Offline
All American

I Root For: Duuuuukes
Cavs getting smoked on their home floor by Iowa right now by 18... still first half though
11-29-2021 07:41 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Yep. Stats guy says it is the most points UVA has given up at home in the first half under Tony Bennett.
Iowa up 44-30 at the half.
11-29-2021 08:00 PM
#YEEHAWDUKES Offline
1st String

I Root For: Dukes
(11-29-2021 07:21 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  Cool. I’m glad the sellout is in place now. Hopefully, mostly JMU fans but I suspect there will be a lot of Valley UVA fans there.
Please, please let the students in early so they can take all the general admission seats behind the South baseline before UVA fans get them. They should be student seating anyway, but somebody made a poor choice to allow general admission tickets front row seats if they get there early enough. I’m waiting for that to be fixed.

Homecourt advantage is huge in college hoops and probably worth a few extra points in this game that means so much to the program.
3 - Dukes will need to shoot well from 3. Falden, Hodge, and who else will be the 3rd?

Whatver happens, we know it will be low scoring and JMU will be forced to win a half court game that UVA can keep in the 40’s or 50’s which is the exact opposite of how coach By has built this roster. I don’t like the chances, but it will be fun to watch and root for the underdog in our new Electric Zoo.

It was all students at the mason game. It is kind of odd that the “official” student section behind one basket has actual seats and then the other section is benches
11-29-2021 08:12 PM
s2dsayer Offline
All American

I Root For: Duuuuukes
Wound up being a barn-burner in C'ville... Hoos go down 75-74
11-29-2021 08:51 PM
purplesanman Offline
1st String

I Root For: jmu
(11-29-2021 07:21 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  Cool. I’m glad the sellout is in place now. Hopefully, mostly JMU fans but I suspect there will be a lot of Valley UVA fans there.

Who do we talk to about the general admission situation? I'm not being snarky; this is something I've been worried about since the seating chart came out. Quite frankly, one side should be the band and one the students, like almost everywhere else. That way we know they will both be filled regardless of the opponent. This is not rocket science and we don't need to reinvent the wheel.
11-29-2021 09:45 PM
Advertisement

Bill Offline
1st String

(11-29-2021 09:45 PM)purplesanman Wrote:  

Who do we talk to about the general admission situation? I'm not being snarky; this is something I've been worried about since the seating chart came out. Quite frankly, one side should be the band and one the students, like almost everywhere else. That way we know they will both be filled regardless of the opponent. This is not rocket science and we don't need to reinvent the wheel.

I would contact Ty Phillips, Director of Facilities. phillidt@jmu.edu 540-568-8810
11-29-2021 10:00 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

Students have been showing up enough to fill both ends though so I kinda like having both ends full of students and then the band in the corner as long as it actually is, you know, both ends full of students. Like Hart's been saying though, I'd hate to see some opposing fans take over the front rows of one end because of it being general admission. After Hart mentioned it on here I noticed a few Mason fans in the front row pregame but then all JMU besides one Mason sweater like 5ish rows up once the game actually started though so maybe it is being enforced that way.

Regardless of where the band is though, would be nice if it were a little bigger if I'm being nitpicky. Anyone know if it's smaller than it usually was in the Convo or if it just seems that way in the AUBC? Either way, bigger is always better for the pep band if you ask me! My only other nitpick would be that I wish the cheerleaders/band would do less of the cheers that are never gonna spread to others. A "Let's go Dukes!" chant or simple "DEFENSE!" clap-clap can get the whole arena involved. A "shoot for two JMU, shoot for two! Or three!" or a "Defense, Madison, defense!" not so much.
11-29-2021 10:12 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: UVA gam
I wouldn't mind seeing it made officially a student section, but Hart's solution seems simple enough for this year, Well publicized early admission for students so they can claim the seats.

With lefty, students often showed up waaay before gametime to wait in line for admission and prime seats.
11-29-2021 11:01 PM
Dukester Offline

(11-29-2021 11:01 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  I wouldn't mind seeing it made officially a student section, but Hart's solution seems simple enough for this year, Well publicized early admission for students so they can claim the seats.

With lefty, students often showed up waaay before gametime to wait in line for admission and prime seats.

During Lefty the students got there 90 minutes before game for when gates opened 60 minutes before the game, and they would sprint to the bleachers on the baselines.
11-30-2021 08:26 AM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
guys the student section thing is taking care of itself. The general public doesn't want to sit with crass 19 year olds. The students own both baselines until they stop showing up and the olds wind up down there with their kids.
11-30-2021 08:57 AM
Advertisement

JMUrcc06 Offline
1st String

(11-30-2021 08:57 AM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  guys the student section thing is taking care of itself. The general public doesn't want to sit with crass 19 year olds. The students own both baselines until they stop showing up and the olds wind up down there with their kids.

agree that 90% of the time it is taking care of itself but respectfully disagree for the other 10% and for this 10% it shouldn't even be an option. You don't think that once we establish rivalries with ODuh, Marshall, and App State that there won't be a few diehards that get wind of this and show up early? Now imagine that game is on ESPN2 and a 4-pack of ODUh fans are front row middle of our sea of purple...

I understand it is taking care of itself, but all it takes is a 4-pack of bros from the opposing school to want to spoil the fun and get there. It just shouldn't be GA.

I'll add that I think our admin does a good job of receiving feedback and adjusting - nothing can be done this season, I don't see it staying this way going forward, worth a quick call or email to facilities director - previously linked.
11-30-2021 10:22 AM
PGJMU2 Offline
1st String

(11-30-2021 08:57 AM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  guys the student section thing is taking care of itself. The general public doesn't want to sit with crass 19 year olds. The students own both baselines until they stop showing up and the olds wind up down there with their kids.

this. the board likes to get worked up about a lot of non - issues.

i have been to two games this year, the student section has been great.
11-30-2021 10:41 AM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
fair take JMUrcc. We can always improve!
11-30-2021 10:44 AM
jmufan2008 Offline
All American

Officially SOLD OUT!
11-30-2021 11:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.