Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dennis Dodd now reporting it too...
Bookmark and Share
forphase1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
Dennis Dodd now reporting it too...
https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status...25281?s=21

Looks like it's actually happening. Sorry to those left behind, I hope ya'll find good landing places.
10-22-2021 01:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall & Liberty
RE: Dennis Dodd now reporting it too...
I don't really feel sorry for them. We were willing to stay behind and build CUSA but couldn't get everyone on board.

New Mexico St and UMASS were both names that were tossed around.

I feel bad for WKU and La Tech but that's it.
10-22-2021 01:50 PM
RustonBulldog Offline
2nd String

I Root For: LA Tech
I feel like someone just executed my dog right in front of me. I mean that figuratively but that’s kinda what literally just happened.
10-22-2021 01:54 PM
johnnylightnin Offline
Huh?

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(10-22-2021 01:54 PM)RustonBulldog Wrote:  I feel like someone just executed my dog right in front of me. I mean that figuratively but that’s kinda what literally just happened.

I feel like I was showboating and doing cowboy tricks with a revolver and accidentally shot my own dog...even worse.
10-22-2021 02:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(10-22-2021 01:39 PM)forphase1 Wrote:  https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status...25281?s=21

Looks like it's actually happening. Sorry to those left behind, I hope ya'll find good landing places.

Yeah. CUSA....where they are currently at.
10-22-2021 02:11 PM
Steve1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UMass
If the MAC takes KYU and MT the conference is gone.
10-22-2021 02:15 PM
Advertisement

raptorbpw Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(10-22-2021 02:11 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  
(10-22-2021 01:39 PM)forphase1 Wrote:  https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status...25281?s=21

He said "good."
10-22-2021 02:16 PM
2009panther Offline
2nd String

I Root For: FIU
Has anybody outside of the board actually talked about WKU/MTSU to the MAC?
10-22-2021 02:17 PM
Steve1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UMass
There is this thread on the MAC board.
https://csnbbs.com/thread-932678.html
10-22-2021 02:20 PM
sstaedtler88 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty, Army
Chris Vannini says invitations only sent, not all have accepted. C-USA still making hard push.
10-22-2021 02:22 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
I intentionally retired from realignment BS because most of my sources dried up over the years. I haven’t worked in the MT athletic dept since ‘01, but I did talk to one person who is still connected in the media world.

MAC isn’t expected to make any immediate moves. Looks like they are going to be more deliberate and study their options.

Bottom line is we are f’d. I expect MT to drop to FCS or drop football all together. We have one of the highest budgets in the league. We can’t sustain that without a conference. Good luck to everyone. Given our location and budget it’s hard to envision us being on the **** end of this stick but that’s what happens when you have fat cats who think everything is just going to be handed to them. I can’t think of a more depressing outcome as alumnus and one who has given so much if my time and money to that place. Maybe I should sue to see if I can get my $$ back?
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2021 02:26 PM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
10-22-2021 02:24 PM
Advertisement

HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(10-22-2021 02:16 PM)raptorbpw Wrote:  
(10-22-2021 02:11 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  

He said "good."

Rimshot
10-22-2021 02:24 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(10-22-2021 02:22 PM)sstaedtler88 Wrote:  Chris Vannini says invitations only sent, not all have accepted. C-USA still making hard push.

You don't understand. Invitations don't get sent unless it is a foregone conclusion they will be accepted. The schools ask to join the conference, the conference said sure here are the stipulations for joining, they agreed to those stipulations, invitations sent, schools accept.

Done!
10-22-2021 02:27 PM
JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
(10-22-2021 01:50 PM)herdfan129 Wrote:  I don't really feel sorry for them. We were willing to stay behind and build CUSA but couldn't get everyone on board.

Lol such a lie. It has been proven CUSA was trying their best to do everything they could to keep Marshall happy. Man up and say y'all did what's best for your university. The new SB makes much more sense for Marshall than staying behind and adding JMU and Liberty. Now that you guys are gone of course we're trying to add NMSU and UMass or whoever else wants to join. Please don't try and paint this picture of Marshall doing everything they could to stay when it was clearly the other way around. Best of luck to you guys. You made the right decision any of us would have done the same.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2021 02:28 PM by JCMiner.)
10-22-2021 02:27 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(10-22-2021 02:27 PM)JCMiner Wrote:  
(10-22-2021 01:50 PM)herdfan129 Wrote:  I don't really feel sorry for them. We were willing to stay behind and build CUSA but couldn't get everyone on board.

Lol such a lie. It has been proven CUSA was trying their best to do everything they could to keep Marshall happy. Man up and say y'all did what's best for your university. The new SB makes much more sense for Marshall than staying behind and adding JMU and Liberty. Now that you guys are gone of course we're trying to add NMSU and UMass or whoever else wants to join. Please don't try and paint this picture of Marshall do everything they could to stay when it was clearly the other way around. Best of luck to you guys. You made the right decisionindeed any of us would have done the same.

You gotta ignore 129. Last week he was telling the AAC who they should add after he read on the darknet that Marshall was heading to that conference. He's all kinds of Confucius....lol
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2021 02:29 PM by HiddenDragon.)
10-22-2021 02:28 PM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
(10-22-2021 02:22 PM)sstaedtler88 Wrote:  Chris Vannini says invitations only sent, not all have accepted. C-USA still making hard push.

...they don't get to the point of sending invites unless the acceptance has been verified... this is all 'PR' stuff... done deal, unless something REALLY strange happens... which, in 2021, you just... never... know... 03-drunk
10-22-2021 02:30 PM
Advertisement

HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
I think there is more excitement about these three joining the SBC than it was for the six that joined the AAC. The SBC is happy to have these schools, the AAC posters were ready to burn their P6 patches after learning about the CUSA-6....lol!
10-22-2021 02:31 PM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
(10-22-2021 02:27 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  

You don't understand. Invitations don't get sent unless it is a foregone conclusion they will be accepted. The schools ask to join the conference, the conference said sure here are the stipulations for joining, they agreed to those stipulations, invitations sent, schools accept.

Done!

...whoop... yes. What HD said... and I reiterated in another post... 03-lmfao
10-22-2021 02:31 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Those schools aren't any better than the Vichy French. Phooey!

Now, don't forget to drop your check in the mail slot before you get in your car. We can use that money if we're gonna go independent. Like they used to chant during WWII, "we did it before and we can do it again". If a mousey school like Enemas U. was able to maintain independent status there's no reason UTEP can't go the same route. Besides, we can schedule a lot of P5 schools and tell them not to forget their checks either. I'm willing to bet that going that route will bring in the fans because even though we don't stand a chance or a minimal chance of winning at least we'll get paid well for it. It's like prostituting yourself but without the stigma or the jail cell. Right now, who cares, we don't have another option.
10-22-2021 02:34 PM
JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
(10-22-2021 02:28 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  
(10-22-2021 02:27 PM)JCMiner Wrote:  

Lol such a lie. It has been proven CUSA was trying their best to do everything they could to keep Marshall happy. Man up and say y'all did what's best for your university. The new SB makes much more sense for Marshall than staying behind and adding JMU and Liberty. Now that you guys are gone of course we're trying to add NMSU and UMass or whoever else wants to join. Please don't try and paint this picture of Marshall do everything they could to stay when it was clearly the other way around. Best of luck to you guys. You made the right decisionindeed any of us would have done the same.

You gotta ignore 129. Last week he was telling the AAC who they should add after he read on the darknet that Marshall was heading to that conference. He's all kinds of Confucius....lol
Probably best thing to do.

Those teams mentioned in the article don't look that bad for us. Of course it's not the same as if we could have convinced Marshall and ODU to stay and add Liberty and JMU. For all four of those programs the SB makes more sense geographically and financially. SB just resigned with ESPN for 10 years. CUSA TV deal expires in 23. Too much uncertainty to stay behind and rebuild.

UTEP
NMSU
SHSU
Mc Nesse St
La Tech
MTSU
WKU
FIU
10-22-2021 02:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.