Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The next dominoes (October 13 edition)
Bookmark and Share
shizzle787 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
The next dominoes (October 13 edition)
So again a lot has happened this week. C-USA is down to its last strike and hoping for a 10-run bottom of the ninth through regionalization. I don't foresee that happening.

What I do foresee is the American adding four schools by the time college basketball season begins. The obvious choice is UAB. According to our board insider, Matt Brown, another choice as of now appears to be leaning in the direction of Charlotte. The last two remaining spots will go to Rice (2nd Texas school with great academics to appease Navy) and Marshall (good all around athletics and helps Temple with geography).

West: Navy, Tulsa, Rice, SMU, Tulane, Memphis
East: UAB, Charlotte, Marshall, Temple, USF, ECU

The Mountain West will get in the action as well. Colorado State and Air Force are dying to get into the central time zone and will get their wish with the additions of North Texas and UTSA.

West: SDSU, SJSU, Fresno St., Hawaii, Nevada, UNLV, Boise State
East: Wyoming, UNM, AFA, CSU, USU, UNT, UTSA

The MAC looks around and stands pat.

The Sun Belt then makes its move. It politely helps its basketball schools find new homes and then invites two schools to get to 12 overall: Southern Miss and Old Dominion

West: Louisiana, Texas St., UL Monroe, USA, Ark St., Troy
East: Southern Miss, ODU, CCU, App State, Georgia So., Georgia St.

This leaves C-USA with just six schools: FAU, FIU, MTSU, WKU, UTEP, LaTech. Survival mode sets in. They start by adding NMSU and Liberty. That gets them back to 8. Their choice becomes going to 10 or 12 by adding 2 or 4 FCS schools. I think they add two: James Madison and Missouri State.

West: NMSU, UTEP, LaTech, Missouri State, WKU
East: MTSU, Liberty, JMU, FAU, FIU
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2021 09:56 PM by shizzle787.)
10-13-2021 09:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

All4One Offline
Banned

I Root For: Genuine & Unprivileged
RE: The next dominoes (October 13 edition)
(10-13-2021 09:54 PM)shizzle787 Wrote:  So again a lot has happened this week. C-USA is down to its last strike and hoping for a 10-run bottom of the ninth through regionalization. I don't foresee that happening.

What I do foresee is the American adding four schools by the time college basketball season begins. The obvious choice is UAB. According to our board insider, Matt Brown, another choice as of now appears to be leaning in the direction of Charlotte. The last two remaining spots will go to Rice (2nd Texas school with great academics to appease Navy) and Marshall (good all around athletics and helps Temple with geography).

The Mountain West will get in the action as well. Colorado State and Air Force are dying to get into the central time zone and will get their wish with the additions of North Texas and UTSA.

The Sun Belt then makes its move. It politely helps its basketball schools find new homes and then invites two schools to get to 12 overall: Southern Miss and Old Dominion

West: Louisiana, Texas St., UL Monroe, USA, Ark St., Troy
East: Southern Miss, ODU, CCU, App State, Georgia So., Georgia St.

This leaves C-USA with just six schools: FAU, FIU, MTSU, WKU, UTEP, LaTech. Survival mode sets in. They start by adding NMSU and Liberty. That gets them back to 8. Their choice becomes going to 10 or 12 by adding 2 or 4 FCS schools. I think they add two: James Madison and Missouri State.

Old Dominion with it's rich basketball history would never go to the Scum Belch, who is positively abysmal at the sport.
10-13-2021 10:17 PM
topper1296 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
What is the point of starting these "next dominoes" threads every few days when no new dominoes have fallen?
10-13-2021 10:20 PM
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Maybe Shizzle787 stops posting when his posts total 787? Just 23 to go!!!
10-13-2021 10:33 PM
FAU Connoisseur! Offline
1st String

I Root For: #CometotheFAU
Don't smoke your own supply is what clt always says.
10-13-2021 10:37 PM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB
What current appeal does Charlotte or Rice have? You think the American is gonna make the market mistake again? They already got Tulsa, ECU, Tulane who do nothing for the league.

FAU(is a long travel)and Rice have nonexistent bases. UTSA brings nothing hoops wise, but I understand the current look at them(football) and the big market that is San An.

The so called folks in the know reporting it, are making assumptions when sharing who else they believe is being considered besides UAB.

But, Marshall and La Tech are far ahead(consistent performance based) the next tier of schools in CUSA in a balanced success in football and hoops program.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2021 10:43 PM by BlazinBham.)
10-13-2021 10:39 PM
Advertisement

FAU Connoisseur! Offline
1st String

(10-13-2021 10:20 PM)topper1296 Wrote:  What is the point of starting these "next dominoes" threads every few days when no new dominoes have fallen?

I don't think he is very good at dominoes...I think he would get eaten alive at Máximo Gómez Park.
10-13-2021 10:43 PM
FAU Connoisseur! Offline
1st String

(10-13-2021 10:39 PM)BlazinBham Wrote:  What current appeal does Charlotte or Rice have? You think the American is gonna make the market mistake again? They already got Tulsa, ECU, Tulane who do nothing for the league.

FAU(is a long travel)and Rice have nonexistent bases. UTSA brings nothing hoops wise, but I understand the current look at them(football) and the big market that is San An.

I really enjoy air travel. Traveling through international airports is such a great experience. Unfortunately we only have 3 within a reasonable commute.
10-13-2021 10:44 PM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

UAB has a lot of negatives and I can respect others opinions.

I respect what FAU has done in football and if this was just about football, I’d want them to go with us. I know theyre good on the diamond as well. The hoops, travel, and the look on the tv is a killer in appeal.
It isn’t necessarily FAUs fault on the fans, they’re just in south Florida where there’s so much more to do than go to a CFB game on the weekend.

I know some like to fly here or there, but when folks who haven’t flown more than a time or two in their lifetimes get the option to fly or drive. They’ll drive. Less things to add to a checklist of things to make sure you have set. Less stressful.

That’s why I don’t want to be in a league with half a dozen Texas schools
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2021 10:59 PM by BlazinBham.)
10-13-2021 10:54 PM
JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
BlazinBham has gone in to full AAC mode. Growing up in the border reminds of those who would cross over and then want the border to close after them.
10-13-2021 10:57 PM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

Some folks have common sense, most don’t. CUSA officials and Prez’s sure didn’t when they approved certain additions. Texas schools gets nothing out of playing anybody beyond the Mississippi River. just like nobody on the eastern side of the Mississippi get anything out of playing schools in Texas. The fan bases of the Texas schools don’t even travel to road games in Texas.

UTEP is really the only TX school I like, and they are furthest away from us and hoops is suffering tremendously staying in this league.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2021 11:08 PM by BlazinBham.)
10-13-2021 11:03 PM
Advertisement

Cinciflame Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Liberty and UK
Liberty wouldn’t agree to join that conference with those teams. We’re better off remaining Indy. I just don’t see that happening.
10-13-2021 11:07 PM
JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
We understand we are stuck in CUSA with the leftover schools. It has happened to us a few times. I think the core of those six schools is the foundation for a solid conference. Add a few FCS programs like SHSU and JMU and we'll be alright. I don't think it would get down to that. Imo AAC will only take two. MW won't take any and neither will SB.
10-13-2021 11:13 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(10-13-2021 09:54 PM)shizzle787 Wrote:  So again a lot has happened this week. C-USA is down to its last strike and hoping for a 10-run bottom of the ninth through regionalization. I don't foresee that happening.

West: Louisiana, Texas St., UL Monroe, USA, Ark St., USM
East:Troy, ODU, CCU, App State, Georgia So., Georgia St.

Sun Belt fixed. Check a map.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2021 11:25 PM by JoeJag.)
10-13-2021 11:24 PM
All4One Offline
Banned

(10-13-2021 11:07 PM)Cinciflame Wrote:  Liberty wouldn’t agree to join that conference with those teams. We’re better off remaining Indy. I just don’t see that happening.

With no guarantee at going to the postseason in football? Like heck you would. Liberty would lobby hard as hell to get into an FBS conference no matter what it looked like just as long as there were multiple bowl alliances to the conference.
10-14-2021 02:02 AM
Big Buds Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(10-13-2021 11:24 PM)JoeJag Wrote:  

West: Louisiana, Texas St., UL Monroe, USA, Ark St., USM
East:Troy, ODU, CCU, App State, Georgia So., Georgia St.

Sun Belt fixed. Check a map.
No doubt that Southern Miss. will be in the SBC West. There will be a toss up between ODU and JMU.
10-14-2021 07:33 AM
Advertisement

rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
These threads are like a psychic reading.

"I'm sensing someone from past wants to say hello, sounds like Bob...Billy....Benny..."

"Yes, Benny! Uncle Benny!"

"Yes, of course, Benny says hello.,"
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2021 07:44 AM by rileylives.)
10-14-2021 07:44 AM
Ourland Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Rice Owls
I pray Rice doesn't go to the AAC. I hope they find nothing attractive about us.
10-14-2021 07:51 AM
All4One Offline
Banned

(10-14-2021 07:51 AM)Ourland Wrote:  I pray Rice doesn't go to the AAC. I hope they find nothing attractive about us.

It isn't what they find attractive in the AAC. It's what a number of AAC members see in them. The AAC's academic private schools sector is very likely to support their inclusion.
10-14-2021 08:07 AM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(10-13-2021 10:33 PM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  Maybe Shizzle787 stops posting when his posts total 787? Just 23 to go!!!

And this poster goes to all of the other boards posting this same Nostradamus crap. Unfortunately, we all respond to it (like me) so there's that.
10-14-2021 08:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.