Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Priority Deadline for New Arena Pushed back to August 1
Bookmark and Share
Dukester Offline

I Root For: JMU
Priority Deadline for New Arena Pushed back to August 1
Something that makes a lot of sense as we have all said.

Of course the reason given was "to allow time to complete the development of the interactive 3D seat selection"
02-05-2020 04:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ShadyP Offline
Heisman

RE: Priority Deadline for New Arena Pushed back to August 1
(02-05-2020 04:22 PM)Dukester Wrote:  Something that makes a lot of sense as we have all said.

Of course the reason given was "to allow time to complete the development of the interactive 3D seat selection"

It makes a lot of sense for several reasons but the 2 biggies is my mind:
- generate excitement from coaching change
- sales to date have been very bad

Seriously, they don't need an additional 6 months to develop the application......that is a poor excuse.
02-05-2020 04:38 PM
Dukester Offline

(02-05-2020 04:38 PM)ShadyP Wrote:  
(02-05-2020 04:22 PM)Dukester Wrote:  Something that makes a lot of sense as we have all said.

Seriously, they don't need an additional 6 months to develop the application......that is a poor excuse.

I agree with your reasons, and believe those to be the case. Their "stated" reason puts the change in a more favorable light.
02-05-2020 05:16 PM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
You'll all call me an apologist but the seat selection thing has been a big deal. If you'll recall the Learfield deal announced at the end of last year, this interactive tool is part of that contract. Ballena Technologies told JMU they couldn't build the arena before this summer, which is when the ticket office runs football reparking/reseating, so to meet Ballena's timeline they pushed it back. #theMoreYouKnow

For me it seems like a win win also for any change in direction with the program, as well as drum up whatever excitement they can for the new arena instead of doing it in the next month. The facility will be that much closer to completion this summer.
02-05-2020 05:18 PM
Dukester Offline

(02-05-2020 05:18 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  You'll all call me an apologist but the seat selection thing has been a big deal. If you'll recall the Learfield deal announced at the end of last year, this interactive tool is part of that contract. Ballena Technologies told JMU they couldn't build the arena before this summer, which is when the ticket office runs football reparking/reseating, so to meet Ballena's timeline they pushed it back. #theMoreYouKnow

For me it seems like a win win also for any change in direction with the program, as well as drum up whatever excitement they can for the new arena instead of doing it in the next month. The facility will be that much closer to completion this summer.

You're right. We were giving them too much credit. Should of known better. 04-bow

Things fell behind in what feels like the slowest building of an arena (2 years). They just had dumb luck.

02-13-banana
02-05-2020 05:22 PM
#YEEHAWDUKES Offline
1st String

I Root For: Dukes
I’ve been debating season tix but am not comfortable committing before knowing who the coach is next year. I’m sure there are a lot of people in the same boat so this seems like a good decision all around.
02-05-2020 05:35 PM
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-05-2020 05:35 PM)#YEEHAWDUKES Wrote:  I’ve been debating season tix but am not comfortable committing before knowing who the coach is next year. I’m sure there are a lot of people in the same boat so this seems like a good decision all around.

Ding ding ding. I'm right in that boat with you. Agree 100%. If Rowe is retained, I'm definitely not doing another year of season tickets. I feel like a fool for doing them again this year. I won't be fooled again.

I've also heard that this new 3D online tool actually massages your feet and goes to get you a beer from your fridge. So, it is worth the wait. Well, that's what the guys over at the Delta House told me.

04-cheers
02-05-2020 05:49 PM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

(02-05-2020 05:49 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  
(02-05-2020 05:35 PM)#YEEHAWDUKES Wrote:  I’ve been debating season tix but am not comfortable committing before knowing who the coach is next year. I’m sure there are a lot of people in the same boat so this seems like a good decision all around.

Ding ding ding. I'm right in that boat with you. Agree 100%.

+1. Not buying this product even if it's in a new pretty place
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2020 06:33 PM by Deez Nuts.)
02-05-2020 06:33 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison

Exactly. There is no demand for season tickets and the initial deadline was laughable considering all the negative momentum Louis Rowe has created and Jeff Bourne has allowed.

I have not renewed my season tickets and won’t until I see if the administration puts their money where their mouth is. The arena is a wow investment. The coaching salary needs to be a wow investment.
02-05-2020 08:23 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-05-2020 08:23 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  

Exactly. There is no demand for season tickets and the initial deadline was laughable considering all the negative momentum Louis Rowe has created and Jeff Bourne has allowed.

I have not renewed my season tickets and won’t until I see if the administration puts their money where their mouth is. The arena is a wow investment. The coaching salary needs to be a wow investment.

I'm less interested in the exact price tag than whether or not they land a coach with some serious chops who can win. The two things tend to be related, but there are at least a few potential hires (like Lonergan) where they might work for less at first to reestablish themselves.

If we go with cheap, and unexperienced, then I agree. And though I like LR as a person a lot, think he would have to absolutely run the table now to the NCAA's to be worthy of returning. Odds of winning lotto are higher.
02-06-2020 03:46 AM
AssyrianDuke Offline
All American

(02-05-2020 04:38 PM)ShadyP Wrote:  

It isn't the development, it's the testing. I mean, have you seen Iowa 03-lmfao
02-06-2020 07:59 AM
Advertisement

Dukester Offline

For me for next year it's hard to tell, but here's what I think would be the likely directions.

1) No change at head coach = I likely would not attend a game next year

2) Change, but an Ike or Lou type option that fits our current 300k - ish budget - I would likely go to the first game in the new arena and that would probably be it.

3) Better than Brady caliber new coach. Would go to opener and a few more games through the year depending on how things are going.

4) A Wes Miller through Lefty caliber coach, I would consider season tickets, although I'd probably donate most of the tickets because I would not be able to make most games due to work. I would get the Flo membership to watch.

By guess is we bring in a Brady caliber coach.....

It sucks, because JMU is so bad no one in my family wants to go to any of the games.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2020 08:44 AM by Dukester.)
02-06-2020 08:43 AM
Bill Online
1st String

(02-06-2020 08:43 AM)Dukester Wrote:  It sucks, because JMU is so bad no one in my family wants to go to any of the games.

I got the same problem. My kids used to look forward to going but now they're like "uh, yeah, I'd love to but um, I've got to clean my room and I got this homework to do..." I downsized my season tickets once already and I suspect will have to again as the interested parties become fewer and fewer.
02-06-2020 09:17 AM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-06-2020 09:17 AM)Bill Wrote:  
(02-06-2020 08:43 AM)Dukester Wrote:  It sucks, because JMU is so bad no one in my family wants to go to any of the games.

I got the same problem. My kids used to look forward to going but now they're like "uh, yeah, I'd love to but um, I've got to clean my room and I got this homework to do..." I downsized my season tickets once already and I suspect will have to again as the interested parties become fewer and fewer.

I feel your pain. My discussions with my much better half getting her to go with me this season alone have gone from me: 1) bribing her by promising and delivering on a great meal before/after the game to 2) going by myself to 3) not caring to go myself.

What a waste. And, wasted opportunity. MBB should be a significant revenue generator for JMU instead of a drain. The admin deserves blame, but I'm not letting Lou Rowe off the hook. He's been paid very well to deliver astonishingly bad results. He's let a lot of folks down.
02-06-2020 09:25 AM
jmudukes001 Offline
Special Teams

(02-06-2020 08:43 AM)Dukester Wrote:  For me for next year it's hard to tell, but here's what I think would be the likely directions.

1) No change at head coach = I likely would not attend a game next year

2) Change, but an Ike or Lou type option that fits our current 300k - ish budget - I would likely go to the first game in the new arena and that would probably be it.

3) Better than Brady caliber new coach. Would go to opener and a few more games through the year depending on how things are going.

4) A Wes Miller through Lefty caliber coach, I would consider season tickets, although I'd probably donate most of the tickets because I would not be able to make most games due to work. I would get the Flo membership to watch.

By guess is we bring in a Brady caliber coach.....

It sucks, because JMU is so bad no one in my family wants to go to any of the games.

We are in agreement on most of this. I will not buy season tickets if Rowe is retained. No way. Will likely not attend a single game.

I will definitely buy season tickets if option 3 or 4 above occurs. No doubt. Will likely buy season tickets as long as some change is made. As some have mentioned, I am sure a lot are thinking the same thing.

Looks like each club season ticket is $525, including a seat contribution, and reserved seats across from that are $225 each. I guess the $525 seats gets you access to the club room and hospitality area and reserved parking. Will probably do the $225 option. Ready to push the button or make the call once the change is announced.
02-06-2020 09:56 AM
ShadyP Offline
Heisman

(02-06-2020 09:17 AM)Bill Wrote:  

Same here, I will be downsizing from 4 to 2 this year b/c we simply never use all 4. Typically it is difficult to even get one of the kids to go and use 2.
02-06-2020 10:30 AM
Advertisement

orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee, JMU,
It's actually because of JMU's IT department. "The interactive feature".....that's their baby. And they're well-known to be awful. Anyway, I only buy WBB season tickets. Seems like men don't play real basketball at JMU....maybe they need a real coach. I'm sorry for the players, though. They seem like nice kids.
02-06-2020 11:25 AM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

(02-06-2020 11:25 AM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  It's actually because of JMU's IT department. "The interactive feature".....that's their baby. And they're well-known to be awful. Anyway, I only buy WBB season tickets. Seems like men don't play real basketball at JMU....maybe they need a real coach. I'm sorry for the players, though. They seem like nice kids.

It has nothing to do with JMU's IT department.
02-06-2020 11:50 AM
RamDawg Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU VCU
Aside from the fact that it's not possible for me to make most games and MBB is painful for me to watch. I wouldn't buy season tickets even if I lived in the burg and I enjoyed the product simply because the Bank/Vault will rarely sell out and looks like there wont be a bad seat in the place and there is NO demand. I would rather make the season ticket expense a direct donation to the Duke club.

Regarding this: "Looks like each club season ticket is $525, including a seat contribution, and reserved seats across from that are $225 each. I guess the $525 seats gets you access to the club room and hospitality area and reserved parking." That is a heck of a deal, $2,100.00 for (4) club seats and $900 for (4) center court non club seats. Heck my "crappy" base line seats for VCU cost me in excess of $5,000.00. Similar "club seats/access" at VCU will probably be around $25,000.00 next season, regular center court seats in the lower 15 or so rows are around $12,000.00.

VCU and JMU have much different markets but folks that don't see the real potential in the quality basketball cash cow has blinders on.
02-06-2020 12:30 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-06-2020 11:50 AM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  
(02-06-2020 11:25 AM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  It's actually because of JMU's IT department. "The interactive feature".....that's their baby. And they're well-known to be awful. Anyway, I only buy WBB season tickets. Seems like men don't play real basketball at JMU....maybe they need a real coach. I'm sorry for the players, though. They seem like nice kids.

It has nothing to do with JMU's IT department.

You mean like how the director of the Accounting Dept. isn't Charlie King? :)
02-06-2020 12:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.