MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
Bowl Games Pairings
Bahamas: Toledo vs FIU
Arizona: Arkansas St vs TBD - MWC
Hawaii: Hawaii vs LA Tech
Rose: Washington vs TBD - Big 10
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2018 09:13 AM by MWC Tex.)
11-25-2018 05:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

templefootballfan Online
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
RE: Bowl Games
that game is in Boca Roton
Bahamas is AAC game
11-25-2018 11:30 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:that game is in Boca Roton
Bahamas is AAC game

They say everywhere that it's FIU vs Toledo. The Bahamas is CUSA vs MAC.
11-25-2018 11:58 PM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
Report from a fan who attended last year's Bahamas Bowl. Sounds like it's party central.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/7l...m_here_to/

Quote:I am currently at the Bahamas Bowl, and I'm here to tell you why it's the greatest thing to ever happen to College Football.

So we took a ship down to the Bahamas to see Ohio play UAB, and it has been nothing short of amazing (and honestly, questionable). Here's a short list of things we've done here at the game so far:

-Brought beer right in to the stadium. The locals at the gate didn't even ask to check tickets. One of them took a sip of my beer.

-We walked all the way around the stadium, until we reached a fenced off area. A Royal Bahamas Defense Force guard said we should check behind the fence, because he doesn't know what's back there. Upon walking past the fence, we ended up in the Ohio locker room. No questions asked.

-People are constantly walking on the athletic track around the field and chugging beer. The security forces down there just keep laughing and high fiving everyone. One of the soldiers keeps hugging random fans.
11-26-2018 12:05 AM
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
Do
(11-25-2018 11:30 PM)templefootballfan Wrote:  that game is in Boca Roton

Bahamas is AAC game

You don't seem to be reading the official Bahamas Bowl site: When the fifth Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl takes place in Nassau on December 21, 2018, the game will feature teams from Conference USA and the Mid-American Conference.

These rotating bowls trip people up ... on Wikipedia they list Boca Raton as CUSA/AAC vs the MAC, but at the Bowl Association, they list CUSA and AAC (though of course with no surplus teams to place, if a secondary tie-in opens up for CUSA and it looks more appealing better than Boca Raton, they might do a swap to open it up for the MAC).

I have seen it reported that the MAC is the secondary tie-in for the Boca Raton this year, and it makes a lot of sense for the "third" conference in a three conference rotation tie-in to be the secondary tie-in. If that is the case, EMU would be cheering for UCF in the AAC championship game to give the AAC six "regular" bowl teams to send to seven bowls, possibly opening up Boca Raton.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2018 09:44 PM by BruceMcF.)
11-26-2018 03:36 AM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

This had to be paired quickly to get passports done before leaving.

https://www.bahamasbowl.com/fiu-and-tole...vitations/
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2018 09:09 AM by MWC Tex.)
11-26-2018 09:08 AM
Advertisement

quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(11-26-2018 09:08 AM)MWC Tex Wrote:  This had to be paired quickly to get passports done before leaving.

I always feel good for the MAC team from some rusted-out midwest city that gets the Bahamas trip.

We all remember this, LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgOjiHTcgGc
11-26-2018 12:42 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Toledo fans might be able to get cheap flights out of Detroit to Nassau or to FLL then take the Ferry over to Nassau.
11-26-2018 01:08 PM
TexanMark Online
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(11-26-2018 01:08 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Toledo fans might be able to get cheap flights out of Detroit to Nassau or to FLL then take the Ferry over to Nassau.

The Ferry ain't exactly cheap.

Silver Airways flies from FL to the Bahamas too...if you have lots of money and time
11-26-2018 04:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoCal Tiger Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(11-26-2018 12:42 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(11-26-2018 09:08 AM)MWC Tex Wrote:  This had to be paired quickly to get passports done before leaving.

I always feel good for the MAC team from some rusted-out midwest city that gets the Bahamas trip.

We all remember this, LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgOjiHTcgGc

That was a great visit inside the Chip Nation, thanks for the reminder.
11-26-2018 05:03 PM
YNot Offline
All American

I Root For: BYU
A bunch of BYU players have tweeted about Gasparilla Bowl in Tampa today. Rumor is BYU v. Virginia in Tampa.
11-27-2018 07:07 PM
Advertisement

otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
(11-26-2018 04:54 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(11-26-2018 01:08 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Toledo fans might be able to get cheap flights out of Detroit to Nassau or to FLL then take the Ferry over to Nassau.

The Ferry ain't exactly cheap.

Silver Airways flies from FL to the Bahamas too...if you have lots of money and time

Ferry is to Freeport on Grand Bahama Island. They will be very disappointed considering that is the wrong island.
11-27-2018 07:09 PM
usffan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
(11-27-2018 07:07 PM)YNot Wrote:  A bunch of BYU players have tweeted about Gasparilla Bowl in Tampa today. Rumor is BYU v. Virginia in Tampa.

First, this would require UCF to beat Memphis (otherwise, the AAC uses all of their bowl bids).

Second, I would be really surprised if the AAC would abandon going to the Gasparilla Bowl against an ACC opponent in order to go to Boca Raton vs. a CUSA or the Cure Bowl against the Sun Belt runner up.

USFFan
11-27-2018 07:17 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
(11-27-2018 07:17 PM)usffan Wrote:  
(11-27-2018 07:07 PM)YNot Wrote:  A bunch of BYU players have tweeted about Gasparilla Bowl in Tampa today. Rumor is BYU v. Virginia in Tampa.

First, this would require UCF to beat Memphis (otherwise, the AAC uses all of their bowl bids).

Second, I would be really surprised if the AAC would abandon going to the Gasparilla Bowl against an ACC opponent in order to go to Boca Raton vs. a CUSA or the Cure Bowl against the Sun Belt runner up.

USFFan

Isn't Gasparilla an ESPN owned bowl? ESPN probably gets more of a say than most people realize. Still I would be surprised to see them push out the AAC.

Another slight bowl surprise, most thought the ACC would go Nashville this year and B10 Gator since the ACC has been the past two years. ACC might be going for a third straight year and final time for this six year bowl cycle.

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/2018...ms-on-rise
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2018 07:29 PM by msm96wolf.)
11-27-2018 07:28 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston

USFFan

I think the Gasparilla has AAC.CUSA ties this year due to its pre-Xmas date. That said, Im pretty sure the Gasparilla pays better.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2018 07:35 PM by Attackcoog.)
11-27-2018 07:34 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
(11-27-2018 07:34 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

USFFan

I think the Gasparilla has AAC.CUSA ties this year due to its pre-Xmas date. That said, Im pretty sure the Gasparilla pays better.

Actually ACC/CUSA are tied into both SERVPRO First Responder Bowl (Dallas) and Gasparilla. Say ACC goes to Dallas then CUSA to Gasparilla or vice-versa. So to me Dallas would make more sense for BYU vs UVA than Gasparilla. B12 would be more likely not fill it's slot.
11-27-2018 07:50 PM
Advertisement

YNot Offline
All American

I Root For: BYU
I'm hoping for BYU v. TCU or Baylor in Tempe in the Cheez-It Bowl. I believe the PAC 12 would need to get two teams into the NY6 bowls for that to happen.

I also like the idea of BYU v. Houston in Frisco or BYU v. ACC or AAC in Independence Bowl.

I hadn't even considered the Gasparilla Bowl. I was surprised that so many BYU players are tweeting out #BYUtoTampa.
11-27-2018 07:53 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
AZ Bowl announced Ark St Accepted Bowl Bid

https://sunbeltsports.org/news/2018/11/2...-bowl.aspx
11-27-2018 08:05 PM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

(11-27-2018 07:53 PM)YNot Wrote:  I'm hoping for BYU v. TCU or Baylor in Tempe in the Cheez-It Bowl. I believe the PAC 12 would need to get two teams into the NY6 bowls for that to happen.

I also like the idea of BYU v. Houston in Frisco or BYU v. ACC or AAC in Independence Bowl.

I hadn't even considered the Gasparilla Bowl. I was surprised that so many BYU players are tweeting out #BYUtoTampa.

The MW is the backup to the Cheese it bowl. We aren't going to give that up to BYU.
11-27-2018 08:53 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(11-27-2018 08:05 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  AZ Bowl announced Ark St Accepted Bowl Bid

https://sunbeltsports.org/news/2018/11/2...-bowl.aspx

That's a great bowl destination for ARK-ST. Arizona is gorgeous in late December, sunny and crisp and cool/cold, not the blazing heat of the summer.

It's a great chance for ARK-ST fans to get out to a different part of the country. Amazing western scenery around Tucson, and Phoenix is just 2 hours away, the Grand Canyon about four.

04-cheers
11-27-2018 09:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.