Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Les Miles headed to Kansas
Bookmark and Share
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
Les Miles headed to Kansas
It's not final yet, but it looks like the Mad Hatter is moving to Lawrence.

CBS reports
11-16-2018 10:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: Les Miles headed to Kansas
(11-16-2018 10:33 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  It's not final yet, but it looks like the Mad Hatter is moving to Lawrence.

CBS reports

Yep, a good hire for Kansas. I hope they have real grass for Les to chew! Maybe he's going to help them with their transition into the SEC.Fuel To The Fire
11-16-2018 10:42 PM
BePcr07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
A good hire for a basketball-first school. Perhaps trying to get their football program some much needed help in getting a SEC or B1G invite down the road.
11-16-2018 10:45 PM
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

(11-16-2018 10:42 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(11-16-2018 10:33 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  It's not final yet, but it looks like the Mad Hatter is moving to Lawrence.

CBS reports

Yep, a good hire for Kansas. I hope they have real grass for Les to chew! Maybe he's going to help them with their transition into the SEC.Fuel To The Fire

-$300 million renovation

-Jeff Long as AD

-Now Les Miles as probably the first high dollar football coach in school history.

They're serious about something up there.
11-16-2018 10:47 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(11-16-2018 10:47 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  

CBS reports

-$300 million renovation

-Jeff Long as AD

-Now Les Miles as probably the first high dollar football coach in school history.

Yep, I still lean to Oklahoma & Iowa State heading to the Big 10 and Texas and Kansas heading our way. It reunites all of those main rivals who have been separated by realignment.
11-16-2018 11:54 PM
BePcr07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
(11-16-2018 11:54 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

CBS reports

-$300 million renovation

-Jeff Long as AD

Yep, I still lean to Oklahoma & Iowa State heading to the Big 10 and Texas and Kansas heading our way. It reunites all of those main rivals who have been separated by realignment.

B1G + Oklahoma, Iowa St
West: Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa, Iowa St, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern
East: Indiana, Purdue, Michigan, Michigan St, Ohio St, Penn St, Maryland, Rutgers

SEC + Texas, Kansas
West: Texas, Texas A&M, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi St
East: Alabama, Auburn, Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina

PAC + Texas Tech, TCU, Oklahoma St, Kansas St
West: Washington, Washington St, Oregon, Oregon St, California, Stanford, USC, UCLA
East: Arizona, Arizona St, Utah Colorado, Kansas St, Oklahoma St, Texas Tech, TCU
* Probably the best the PAC can do

ACC + West Virginia, Cincinnati
Atlantic: Boston College, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Louisville, Virginia Tech, Miami
Coastal: Virginia, North Carolina, North Carolina St, Duke, Wake Forest, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Florida St
* Notre Dame stays independent
11-17-2018 01:33 AM
Advertisement

OdinFrigg Offline
Gone Fishing

I Root For: Canine & Avian
Les Miles is a run-the-ball coach and such will be interesting in the high-flying, pass-happy Big 12.

Wasn't this an issue at LSU?
11-17-2018 11:06 AM
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

(11-17-2018 11:06 AM)OdinFrigg Wrote:  Les Miles is a run-the-ball coach and such will be interesting in the high-flying, pass-happy Big 12.

He'll have to adapt or he won't last long.

Recruiting will also be difficult, but if KU continues to make investments in the program then I don't see why they can't be as competitive as Iowa State.
11-17-2018 11:24 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(11-17-2018 11:06 AM)OdinFrigg Wrote:  Les Miles is a run-the-ball coach and such will be interesting in the high-flying, pass-happy Big 12.

Les is a defensive guy. It will depend on who he hires as OC.
11-17-2018 11:39 AM
murrdcu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas
(11-17-2018 11:24 AM)AllTideUp Wrote:  

He'll have to adapt or he won't last long.

Recruiting will also be difficult, but if KU continues to make investments in the program then I don't see why they can't be as competitive as Iowa State.

The goal for Les has to be transitioning Kansas football from P5 door mat to a respectable Big 12 program. Anything over that would be amazing
11-17-2018 05:01 PM
Win5002 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big 12 & B1G
(11-17-2018 01:33 AM)BePcr07 Wrote:  
(11-16-2018 11:54 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

CBS reports

-$300 million renovation

-Jeff Long as AD

B1G + Oklahoma, Iowa St
West: Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa, Iowa St, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern
East: Indiana, Purdue, Michigan, Michigan St, Ohio St, Penn St, Maryland, Rutgers

SEC + Texas, Kansas
West: Texas, Texas A&M, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi St
East: Alabama, Auburn, Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina

PAC + Texas Tech, TCU, Oklahoma St, Kansas St
West: Washington, Washington St, Oregon, Oregon St, California, Stanford, USC, UCLA
East: Arizona, Arizona St, Utah Colorado, Kansas St, Oklahoma St, Texas Tech, TCU
* Probably the best the PAC can do

ACC + West Virginia, Cincinnati
Atlantic: Boston College, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Louisville, Virginia Tech, Miami
Coastal: Virginia, North Carolina, North Carolina St, Duke, Wake Forest, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Florida St
* Notre Dame stays independent

I wonder if the SEC would take Texas & ISU if KU went with OU to the B1G. I just think KU really wants the B1G and its hard to see the B1G taking ISU since Iowa is already in the league but maybe if it was semi-brokered by the networks trying to be tech giants for future bidding rights.

In that scenario the PAC may feel there is more value in Houston than TCU. If politics are not involved a mini-Texahoma 4 of UH, TCU, TT & OSU may be more value and that leaves KSU to the MWC.
11-17-2018 08:00 PM
Advertisement

OdinFrigg Offline
Gone Fishing

I'd expect the PAC12 would require at least one big name if adding 2 or 4. If TX, OU, and KU left for the BIG and/or the SEC, they may say 'no thanks' on the rest.
11-17-2018 08:43 PM
Guardian Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Alabama, SBC
Great grab for Kansas! Hard for them to do better.

Good landing for Les, as I didn't imagine any top-caliber schools would touch him. I figure it's the best he could get that's also an upgrade for the school. Good pairing.
11-17-2018 08:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I’m really excited to see what he can do up there.
11-18-2018 10:46 AM
OdinFrigg Offline
Gone Fishing

Kansas is actually playing a bit improved fb this year, though it does not reflect in their W-L record. Their losses don't look so much as being disasters. Still, progress looks slow or stalemated. They need about a dozen excellent playmakers to add. Maybe Les Miles will be able to recruit them. He will change attitudes and have players conditioned and focused.
11-18-2018 11:16 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
LSU is a goofball, but he did well in the Big 12 as coach at Oklahoma State.

Agreed, he will have to hire a good offensive coordinator and good recruiting assistant coaches.
11-18-2018 12:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BewareThePhog Offline
1st String

I Root For: KU
He's got a nice starting point on offense to build around in Pooka Williams. I'm certainly very interested to see what he can get done. He's no spring chicken, but as someone on the high side of 50 myself it's nice to see older people continue to work and be vital at ages that were once considered as "old". He's certainly got an example a little west on I-70.

We've made poor missteps before, but I agree with the notion that our administration is certainly taking football very seriously these days.
11-18-2018 03:29 PM
BewareThePhog Offline
1st String

I Root For: KU
Hugh Freeze's name is apparently making the rounds in some alumni circles as an OC candidate. But my source for that rumor has been wrong before.
11-20-2018 09:01 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(11-20-2018 09:01 PM)BewareThePhog Wrote:  Hugh Freeze's name is apparently making the rounds in some alumni circles as an OC candidate. But my source for that rumor has been wrong before.

He needs a fresh start, and needs it outside of the SEC. He's a strong OC but was in a little over his head as the HC from the standpoint of not knowing how to play the recruiting game and it bit him.

I think he would be an outstanding OC hire for Kansas. He's is a terrific recruiter, but more importantly (and unlike Gus) he knows how to develop QB's.
11-20-2018 10:18 PM
OdinFrigg Offline
Gone Fishing

Who will be paying for all this? It's in Kansas. The Koch Bros?
11-21-2018 06:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.