Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: AT 18 Conference Members Which 4 Do You Prefer From the Big 12 Now:
Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma, Iowa State
Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State
Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, T.C.U.
Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa State, West Virginia
Texas, T.C.U., Oklahoma, Oklahoma State
Texas, Texas Tech, Iowa State, West Virginia
[Show Results]

At 18 SEC Members Which 4 from the Big 12 Do You Prefer Now:
Bookmark and Share
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
At 18 SEC Members Which 4 from the Big 12 Do You Prefer Now:
1. Vote for your favorite 4 team option.

2. Explain why you like that foursome.

3. If your foursome isn't listed post it.
08-29-2018 03:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
RE: At 18 SEC Members Which 4 from the Big 12 Do You Prefer Now:
My personal four would be

Oklahoma
Oklahoma St
Kansas
West Virginia
08-29-2018 07:54 AM
P5PACSEC Offline
Banned

I Root For: P5- Texas Tech
My personal 4 would be OU, OSU, Tech and UT.

IMHO, those 4 schools add a ton of value to the already great SEC.
08-29-2018 08:43 AM
10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I Root For: A&M, TCU
The only members of the L10 with any actual value to realignment as stand alone candidates:

Texas
Oklahoma
Kansas
West Virginia

All the others are guilty of at least two or more of the following:

-NonFlagship
-Small and or Redundant Market
-Unacceptable academics
-Tiny Fan base
-Terrible athletics
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2018 10:15 AM by 10thMountain.)
08-29-2018 10:13 AM
BePcr07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa St, West Virginia

My favorite because: 4 new states, terrific basketball foursome, 2 AAU, dig a little deeper into ACC/B1G territory, to spite Texas
08-29-2018 12:21 PM
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
I voted for Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Iowa State

You can sub West Virginia for Iowa State...either are fine with me.

Broadly speaking, these 4 add the most new territory.
08-29-2018 02:12 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I picked Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Iowa State. That's three national brands (2 in football, 1 in hoops) and 3 AAU schools with 3 new states.

But I think if we did a foursome the most likely would be Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State. Texas and Oklahoma as two top 10 pieces in play will have a lot of leverage.
08-29-2018 02:44 PM
10thMountain Offline
Heisman

The good news is that there is a UT Govenor right now so UT will not be compelled to take Texas Tech by state politics. There's no Bob Bullock to threaten funding on behalf of Tech this time. All they have to do is what we did and leave while the legislature is not in session. Then Tech can whine and cry for an emergency session all they want but the only one who can (and won't) grant it is the Govenor.

OU might be a different story but I'll bet if you get another Big 12 school to come first then OU has all the excuse it needs to ditch OSU

So those two may not be as hampered by their respective albatrosses as much as might be previously thought
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2018 03:03 PM by 10thMountain.)
08-29-2018 02:58 PM
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
(08-29-2018 02:58 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  The good news is that there is a UT Govenor right now so UT will not be compelled to take Texas Tech by state politics. There's no Bob Bullock to threaten funding on behalf of Tech this time. All they have to do is what we did and leave while the legislature is not in session. Then Tech can whine and cry for an emergency session all they want but the only one who can (and won't) grant it is the Govenor.

OU might be a different story but I'll bet if you get another Big 12 school to come first then OU has all the excuse it needs to ditch OSU

So those two may not be as hampered by their respective albatrosses as much as might be previously thought

True, but the question will be who the Governor is around 2025.

A&M had really good timing on their side along with Perry in their corner, I imagine.
08-29-2018 03:09 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(08-29-2018 03:09 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  
(08-29-2018 02:58 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  The good news is that there is a UT Govenor right now so UT will not be compelled to take Texas Tech by state politics. There's no Bob Bullock to threaten funding on behalf of Tech this time. All they have to do is what we did and leave while the legislature is not in session. Then Tech can whine and cry for an emergency session all they want but the only one who can (and won't) grant it is the Govenor.

A&M had really good timing on their side along with Perry in their corner, I imagine.

It would be great if they were free to move alone. We'll have to wait and see.
08-29-2018 03:38 PM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
(08-29-2018 07:54 AM)Gamecock Wrote:  My personal four would be

Oklahoma
Oklahoma St
Kansas
West Virginia
I love these four choices. KU would be great for the SEC, but I am not sure the folks in Kansas want to warm up to the southern heritage thing. I believe they are waiting for the B1G to call. I believe OU and OSU eventually come our way. WVU would be nice if we could get another school to pair with them.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2018 04:42 PM by USAFMEDIC.)
08-29-2018 04:41 PM
Advertisement

USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM

I have forgotten what the penalties are for leaving the Big XII early, but I bet there a couple schools ready to pay their way out. They would recoup their losses before long in the SEC.
08-29-2018 04:47 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(08-29-2018 04:47 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  

I have forgotten what the penalties are for leaving the Big XII early, but I bet there a couple schools ready to pay their way out. They would recoup their losses before long in the SEC.

If they wait until 2023 to give their 2 year notice of which one year will be bought out by simply leaving the last year's revenue with the Big 12 then they can move without any real penalty at all.
08-29-2018 04:49 PM
murrdcu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas
Oklahoma
Texas
Kansas
West Virginia

Grab the best and be done with western expansion.
08-29-2018 05:39 PM
P5PACSEC Offline
Banned

UT will never be compelled to do anything unless they see it as a benefit. Knowing that, Tech and UT work well together and both enjoy our relationship. Tech has lots of friends in high places and politics will not be an issue because politicians see value in Texas Tech. Tech got in the Big 12 because of our relationship with UT, not politics no matter how much you try to spin Bullock's comments.

At the end of the day, A&M has 1 vote and nothing more. A&M has purposely done as much as possible to derail Tech's efforts to join the SWC, start a medical school, stop efforts to join the Big 12 and now the ridiculous crap coming from A&M Chancellor John Sharp doing everything possible to halt the Tech vet school.

Instead of being a little brother bully, A&M needs to understand that having 3 large state schools thriving in academics and athletics is a benefit to the state of Texas. We all get better students, better facilities, better recruits, better professors and more money working as 1 instead of being the crybaby in College Station.

According to the WSJ college valuations posted by JR, Tech has more value than Kansas, TCU, Baylor and West Virginia. Our value will only get better in the SEC and that scares the hell out of the bullies in College Station.
08-29-2018 06:35 PM
bigblueblindness Offline
1st String

I Root For: UK, Lipscomb
I voted for Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Iowa State as best for the bottom line of the league. However, I am starting to have trouble defining "Southeastern". Missouri (at least the northern half) is already a stretch, Kansas is a leap, and Iowa State is a catapult launch. WVU is intriguing simply from an entertainment standpoint, especially for those of us who root for UK. However, there are just too many academic and revenue dings for them as JR and others on the board have thoroughly pointed out.

I am more and more convinced that the SEC should just hold a hard line for 4 schools with no little brothers: Texas, Oklahoma, Florida State, and Clemson. If we are able to gain a NC or VA school to get to 20, that is fine, but I do not believe we or the BIG are in a situation to take a tag-a-long that does not fit or add value. I could be talked into TCU in place of Oklahoma if that deal became impossible.
08-29-2018 06:41 PM
Advertisement

10thMountain Offline
Heisman

(08-29-2018 06:35 PM)P5PACSEC Wrote:  

UT will never be compelled to do anything unless they see it as a benefit. Knowing that, Tech and UT work well together and both enjoy our relationship. Tech has lots of friends in high places and politics will not be an issue because politicians see value in Texas Tech. Tech got in the Big 12 because of our relationship with UT, not politics no matter how much you try to spin Bullock's comments.

At the end of the day, A&M has 1 vote and nothing more. A&M has purposely done as much as possible to derail Tech's efforts to join the SWC, start a medical school, stop efforts to join the Big 12 and now the ridiculous crap coming from A&M Chancellor John Sharp doing everything possible to halt the Tech vet school.

Instead of being a little brother bully, A&M needs to understand that having 3 large state schools thriving in academics and athletics is a benefit to the state of Texas. We all get better students, better facilities, better recruits, better professors and more money working as 1 instead of being the crybaby in College Station.

According to the WSJ college valuations posted by JR, Tech has more value than Kansas, TCU, Baylor and West Virginia. Our value will only get better in the SEC and that scares the hell out of the bullies in College Station.

You'll never ever be a member of the SEC.

You're only in a P5 conference because of a political dynamic that no longer exists and never will again.

You can't beg borrow or plead your way out of the inevitable fate that awaits a glorified junior college in a declining part of the state that no power conference wants as a member and that scares the hell out of you!

COGSCOGSCOGS
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2018 07:58 PM by 10thMountain.)
08-29-2018 07:55 PM
P5PACSEC Offline
Banned

(08-29-2018 07:55 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  

You're only in a P5 conference because of a political dynamic that no longer exists and never will again.

You can't beg borrow or plead your way out of the inevitable fate that awaits a glorified junior college in a declining part of the state that no power conference wants as a member and that scares the hell out of you!

COGSCOGSCOGS

Texas Tech scares you and A&M. John Sharp is doing everything possible to keep the Tech Vet School from happening so his uneducated/t-shirt fan base can ridicule Tech academics.

If I were you, I would worry about your true alma mater TCU and let the big boys talk. This isn't texags.

What is the combined football record from UT/Tech vs A&M? Not pretty and I understand why you have no desire to see the Black/Red and Burnt Orange in College Station.
08-29-2018 10:30 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

This is true only when counting the WSJ valuation for football, but when the basketball values are added in Kansas moves in front of you for total value. But the difference overall isn't that great.

Either Kansas or Texas Tech when paired with Texas would be profitable enough.
08-29-2018 11:49 PM
10thMountain Offline
Heisman

(08-29-2018 10:30 PM)P5PACSEC Wrote:  
(08-29-2018 07:55 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  

COGSCOGSCOGS

Texas Tech scares you and A&M. John Sharp is doing everything possible to keep the Tech Vet School from happening so his uneducated/t-shirt fan base can ridicule Tech academics.

If I were you, I would worry about your true alma mater TCU and let the big boys talk. This isn't texags.

What is the combined football record from UT/Tech vs A&M? Not pretty and I understand why you have no desire to see the Black/Red and Burnt Orange in College Station.

You're right this is the big boys talking so Tech has no place at the table. Nobody wants you and your only hope is to ride UTs coat tails because you know you have ZERO chance of making it out of the Big 12 on your own.

You even hide behind UTs skirt to talk smack by trying to combine your losing record against A&M with theirs to make yourself seem legit! That is beyond pathetic! What's next? "If you average UTs academic ranking with Techs then we're no longer one of the worst academic schools in the P5!" Jeez that's sad and pathetic.

Now go hold your breath until that magic invitation comes! Nobody needs you here in the mean time
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2018 06:35 AM by 10thMountain.)
08-30-2018 06:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.