WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Worst class I’ve ever seen
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
Worst class I’ve ever seen
I’ve watched MAC recruiting since the Debo era, and this might be the worst class I’ve ever seen at CMU. Ranked #8 in the MAC per 247.

They have 15 commits and 3 more that didn’t sign early. 4 of their recruits are Bono’s lazy ass “Legacy” recruits. All good if they have talent, but all are two stars with few offers. Central is in dire need for Olinemen and only signed one that I’m aware of. Tyden Ferris of Delton, a legacy recruit is 6’4” 235, and is projected as a center. Going to have to fatten him up.

Central had 4 three stars, 6 two stars, 5 unranked, and 3 who didn’t sign, all 2 stars.

Western and Central had offers on 9 recruits and Lester won on every one. They’ll tell you that Childress had a Western offer, but his brother or cousin already plays there and when Western signed Iowa decommit Anthony Torres they had no need for Childress.

In spite of being ranked 8th in the MAC and being out recruited by Eastern, the delusion continues.

“Great to see we signed some big names.” Who? Most had 1 offer03-no
[Image: qqwnxf.jpg]

[Image: 2mxitz7.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2017 05:02 PM by Chipdip2.)
12-20-2017 04:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

I Root For: WMU
RE: Worst class I’ve ever seen
Just awful. Bono's been out of the college game for too long. He doesn't understand recruiting.
12-20-2017 05:05 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(12-20-2017 05:05 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  Just awful. Bono's been out of the college game for too long. He doesn't understand recruiting.

If you watched his pre game speeches or his CMU review show, he’s just dull and uninspiring. Makes Enos look like a ball of energy. 03-yawn03-yawn

Enos recruits and a retread were the heart of that team and they still weren’t good. Most graduate. They’re facing a rebuild and they don’t have much to work with.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2017 05:14 PM by Chipdip2.)
12-20-2017 05:11 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

Too bad they only extended that contract through 2022.
12-20-2017 05:37 PM
StrikeGold1 Offline
Special Teams

Interesting to see that Miami is so far down after all the money they put into the football facility. I thought they would be respectable by now...
12-20-2017 07:09 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

(12-20-2017 07:09 PM)StrikeGold1 Wrote:  Interesting to see that Miami is so far down after all the money they put into the football facility. I thought they would be respectable by now...

Interesting indeed, especially after the great class they had last year.
12-20-2017 07:11 PM
Advertisement

rsswmu Offline
1st String

I Root For: wmu
Just an fyi the point gap between us and cmu is thr same as ours and u of m who is ranked 12th.
12-20-2017 07:11 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

Bono, tries to spin it as if he didn’t get eaten alive in MI by Western, Eastern, and Toledo.

Warning- Don’t fall asleep while watching
https://twitter.com/cmu_football/status/...4408180736
12-20-2017 11:40 PM
goldsworth Offline
1st String

(12-20-2017 11:40 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Bono, tries to spin it as if he didn’t get eaten alive in MI by Western, Eastern, and Toledo.

Agree it was a huge spin job talked about the cmu brand being well recognized across the country? Really are you kidding?
12-21-2017 08:22 AM
GullLake Offline
Support Hong Kong protesters!

I Root For: Joe Manchin
(12-21-2017 08:22 AM)goldsworth Wrote:  
(12-20-2017 11:40 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Bono, tries to spin it as if he didn’t get eaten alive in MI by Western, Eastern, and Toledo.

Agree it was a huge spin job talked about the cmu brand being well recognized across the country? Really are you kidding?

The only thing recognized nationally are the Are-You-Kidding-Me?-Ugly-Yellow uniforms recruits don't want to compete it.
12-21-2017 09:07 AM
BuickBronco Offline
Special Teams

Well, could be worse, looks like Kent, Buffalo, and Akron have been out recruited by GVSU and Ferris. Bowden stepped in it at Boca Raton Bowl claiming how important the game was too his Lauderdale based recruiting circles. Kiffin had to have been laughing. FAU has driven Akron out of that market.
12-21-2017 10:01 AM
Advertisement

flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

I actually felt bad for Bowden during his press conference... He was literally getting bullied by Kiffin nearly the entire time... Kiffin taking jabs at the Kangaroo reference and sitting there with that smug douchey Kiffin face... Best comeback by Bowden however.... "They don't have Elephants in Alabama so there's that!"
12-21-2017 10:35 AM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(12-21-2017 10:35 AM)flushtheherd Wrote:  I actually felt bad for Bowden during his press conference... He was literally getting bullied by Kiffin nearly the entire time... Kiffin taking jabs at the Kangaroo reference and sitting there with that smug douchey Kiffin face... Best comeback by Bowden however.... "They don't have Elephants in Alabama so there's that!"

Now they have jackasses. 03-banghead
12-21-2017 03:05 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

It says a lot when they're doing clean-up duty in Michigan and half of their recruits come from 1000 miles away.

As far as Michigan goes..

Laquan Johnson - Crummy class C program at Burton Bendle, had no other offers.
Tyden Ferris - Legacy recruit from small time Delton-Kellogg, no other offers that I can see.
Cory Gildersleeve - Legacy recruit from a good Saline program. Low level MAC offers.
NeVan Simington - Yet another legacy recruit from a terrible Saginaw program. No other offers.
Eric McArn - Probably the best player here. Transferred from Southfield to Detroit King. Injury-plagued. Oddly still hasn't signed his NLI. Reportedly held offers from Syracuse and some MAC schools.
Randall Harris - Got an offer because of the school he plays at, Walled Lake Western. Only other offer was Air Force.
Braeden Childress - Undersized tight end who just wanted to follow his brother. Apparently has attitude problems. Toledo also offered.

So half of their Michigan recruits were legacy guys that wouldn't have received offers otherwise. Bono is too sentimental, thinking about all of his pals from the good old days. And the rest of the recruits aren't anything special.

I don't believe any of the CMU faithful that say they're excited by this class. Ball State and EMU brought in better hauls.
12-21-2017 04:55 PM
goldsworth Offline
1st String

(12-21-2017 04:55 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  

It says a lot when they're doing clean-up duty in Michigan and half of their recruits come from 1000 miles away.

Tyden Ferris - Legacy recruit from small time Delton-Kellogg, no other offers that I can see.
Cory Gildersleeve - Legacy recruit from a good Saline program. Low level MAC offers.
NeVan Simington - Yet another legacy recruit from a terrible Saginaw program. No other offers.
Eric McArn - Probably the best player here. Transferred from Southfield to Detroit King. Injury-plagued. Oddly still hasn't signed his NLI. Reportedly held offers from Syracuse and some MAC schools.
Randall Harris - Got an offer because of the school he plays at, Walled Lake Western. Only other offer was Air Force.
Braeden Childress - Undersized tight end who just wanted to follow his brother. Apparently has attitude problems. Toledo also offered.

So half of their Michigan recruits were legacy guys that wouldn't have received offers otherwise. Bono is too sentimental, thinking about all of his pals from the good old days. And the rest of the recruits aren't anything special.

I don't believe any of the CMU faithful that say they're excited by this class. Ball State and EMU brought in better hauls.

Good factual analysis that speaks the truth about the state of affairs at cmu and what their future will be. Better them than WMU
12-21-2017 05:03 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(12-21-2017 04:55 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  

After every commit a slappy would chime in along the line that Bono better work hard to keep the commit from being poached by a P5..........”Poached by a P5?” 03-drunk03-lmfao

His love affair with Legacy recruits is just lazy recruiting.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2017 05:47 PM by Chipdip2.)
12-21-2017 05:45 PM
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Eh, I wouldn't mock Central Michigan too much, they have the Canon and Michigan MAC. If we still had it (or even Eastern), it'd be a different story. Remember how poor CMU's recruiting has been? Finished right up there with UT and NIU.

That being said, kudos to our recruiting and wining the recruiting battles in the MAC once again. Hoping we can win on the field.
12-21-2017 06:41 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(12-21-2017 06:41 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  Eh, I wouldn't mock Central Michigan too much, they have the Canon and Michigan MAC. If we still had it (or even Eastern), it'd be a different story. Remember how poor CMU's recruiting has been? Finished right up there with UT and NIU.

That being said, kudos to our recruiting and wining the recruiting battles in the MAC once again. Hoping we can win on the field.

At least you’re consistent 03-cloud903-cloud9
[Image: 5u4rpi.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2017 07:09 PM by Chipdip2.)
12-21-2017 07:09 PM
Bronco XXVIII Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: WMU!
Yeah, I mean we have NEVER lost to CMU when favored, right? Why not just ink in a win there next year, and the next few years? In fact, why even play the games at all, just anoint us the winner right now based on one recruiting ranking?
12-23-2017 09:58 AM
Bronco XXVIII Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: WMU!
Oh yeah, and now that TL had a good recruiting cycle, our ranking is now gospel for 'Dip.
Even though those same rankings were meaningless for the past few seasons.

Lemme guess, #Fleck-o-saurus
12-23-2017 10:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.