RE: Week 2 Attendance.
It was a poor showing by App Nation.
09-10-2016 08:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
I expected more to be at App. Is everyone saving up for the Miami game or something?
09-10-2016 09:06 PM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
I can't venture from out of state to Boone two weekends in a row. Too many responsibilities. It wasn't a question of which game to pick. Probably a number of alums in my situation.
09-10-2016 09:08 PM
BurlingtonApp Offline
1st String

Probably just the hype of the Miami game kept a lot of people home, if they had to pick between the two. Also, just not a super intriguing program for us to play. I really think they undersold the number there though. Hill was packed, endzone seats were packed. Couldn't really see the away side though.
09-10-2016 09:13 PM
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

(09-10-2016 09:13 PM)BurlingtonApp Wrote:  Probably just the hype of the Miami game kept a lot of people home, if they had to pick between the two. Also, just not a super intriguing program for us to play. I really think they undersold the number there though. Hill was packed, endzone seats were packed. Couldn't really see the away side though.

Away side was decent, not great. If they were only showing the home side I will say I am grateful because between there being spaces and the dumb white out idea even when the away side had a full section it looked a little like just really shiny bleachers
09-10-2016 09:15 PM
Advertisement

appfan89 Offline
2nd String

Donators
(09-10-2016 09:13 PM)BurlingtonApp Wrote:  Probably just the hype of the Miami game kept a lot of people home, if they had to pick between the two. Also, just not a super intriguing program for us to play. I really think they undersold the number there though. Hill was packed, endzone seats were packed. Couldn't really see the away side though.

Away side was about 75% full. Lots of aluminum in the upper section. ODU brought very little. We easily had 3x as many at ODU in the rain than they had here in the sun.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2016 09:17 PM by appfan89.)
09-10-2016 09:17 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
17,691 Announced. Probably a slight undercount again.

EDIT - Massive non-counting again at Ladd Peebles by USA's staff. Pretty much your guess is as good as mine. 22k is where I think it landed. Season tickets weren't even printed with barcodes. My guess is that none of those were scanned.

Not that it really matters I suppose, but its irritating. Unless someone is skimming the gate.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2016 10:15 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
09-10-2016 09:17 PM
AppinATL Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: AppState
(09-10-2016 08:56 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  It was a poor showing by App Nation.

Jeez I wouldn't call it a poor showing. It was a good crowd. You people crack me up. It was a pretty nice crowd. Lots on the bank.
09-10-2016 09:38 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
(09-10-2016 09:17 PM)appfan89 Wrote:  

Away side was about 75% full. Lots of aluminum in the upper section. ODU brought very little. We easily had 3x as many at ODU in the rain than they had here in the sun.

I'm guessing many will go to NCST next week instead. Easier trip from Tidewater and bigger name opponent. I would have loved to come down to Boone but Ive got a newborn. Hopefully we'll renew the series before too long and we can even things up. Good luck next week 04-cheers
09-10-2016 09:53 PM
SENOREIDA Offline
1st String

I Root For: Coastal
10,037 in Conway to watch CCU roll a mediocre FAMU team.

For you kids keeping track at home that is a max capacity crowd, for a game that is anything but a marquee matchup
09-10-2016 10:10 PM
Advertisement

Check Yosef Offline
1st String

One other thing at note was that they may not have been counting student numbers that well, they didn't do the normal process of swiping our cards.
09-10-2016 10:46 PM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
Announced 26k and change for the Cajuns. Looked like way more, but who knows.
09-10-2016 11:05 PM
CheckYosef94 Offline
2nd String

(09-10-2016 10:46 PM)Check Yosef Wrote:  One other thing at note was that they may not have been counting student numbers that well, they didn't do the normal process of swiping our cards.

I had a student guest ticket and when I went through the gate the lady checking my ticket said her scanner wasn't working. I don't know if it was just hers or not but that may have played a role in inaccurate attendance numbers.
09-10-2016 11:12 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
(09-10-2016 09:17 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  17,691 Announced. Probably a slight undercount again.

EDIT - Massive non-counting again at Ladd Peebles by USA's staff. Pretty much your guess is as good as mine. 22k is where I think it landed. Season tickets weren't even printed with barcodes. My guess is that none of those were scanned.

Not that it really matters I suppose, but its irritating. Unless someone is skimming the gate.

Tom, my season tickets actually did have bar codes, but due to poor ticket design the bar code was perforated and I, like many others, tore out the tickets like we had in years past only to remove the bar code without realizing it. We were just waived into the stadium. Others, who bought single game tickets, got a single game ticket that was completely blank, no bar code, and were waived in. Student scanners weren't working properly and they were just waived in. It's aggravating because my section was more crowded than normal and I could tell we had a bump post MSU, but our official attendance won't reflect that because we suck at counting people.
09-10-2016 11:14 PM
airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(09-10-2016 11:14 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  
(09-10-2016 09:17 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  17,691 Announced. Probably a slight undercount again.

Tom, my season tickets actually did have bar codes, but due to poor ticket design the bar code was perforated and I, like many others, tore out the tickets like we had in years past only to remove the bar code without realizing it. We were just waived into the stadium. Others, who bought single game tickets, got a single game ticket that was completely blank, no bar code, and were waived in. Student scanners weren't working properly and they were just waived in. It's aggravating because my section was more crowded than normal and I could tell we had a bump post MSU, but our official attendance won't reflect that because we suck at counting people.

This is really starting to piss me off. Anyone can say what they want to but there were AT LEAST 23K in that stadium (and thousands of others outside tailgating). I am (of course) a season ticket holder and the kid literally just made a scanning gesture on my bar code as he waved me inside. There was no visible red laser OR an audible. You MUST see a laser line over the barcode or you are NOT counted.

This alone can cause nice things to NEVER happen for USA and it should be rectified quickly. Hell, I say my season ticket should have been counted anyway - just like every other season ticket holder's is in the nation. But hey, that's not how we do it at South - we just undercount our TRUE attendance by an average of 5K fans (my honest guess) per game.

/end rant
09-10-2016 11:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AppManDG Online
Heisman

That would be the East Side or State Side and the West Side or App Side but NOT the Home or Away side. This isn't high school.

Sent from my XT1254 using CSNbbs mobile app
09-10-2016 11:40 PM
AppManDG Online
Heisman

Coming off a great effort at Tenn. Beautiful day in Boone. Quality FBS opponent. I was disappointed in the showing by App fans. Game should have easily been a sellout. Even worse was the exodus after the half and 3rd qtr. AppNation still has a ways to go to learn how to support a good FBS team.

Sent from my XT1254 using CSNbbs mobile app
09-10-2016 11:47 PM
appfan89 Offline
2nd String

Donators
(09-10-2016 11:12 PM)CheckYosef94 Wrote:  
(09-10-2016 10:46 PM)Check Yosef Wrote:  One other thing at note was that they may not have been counting student numbers that well, they didn't do the normal process of swiping our cards.

I had a student guest ticket and when I went through the gate the lady checking my ticket said her scanner wasn't working. I don't know if it was just hers or not but that may have played a role in inaccurate attendance numbers.

I saw that too. There were a couple of people going through the gate right before me. The ticket taker just looked at their ticket and let them pass. That ticket taker looked at mine and tore the stub off.
09-11-2016 06:54 AM
appfan89 Offline
2nd String

Donators
(09-10-2016 09:53 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  
(09-10-2016 09:17 PM)appfan89 Wrote:  

I'm guessing many will go to NCST next week instead. Easier trip from Tidewater and bigger name opponent. I would have loved to come down to Boone but Ive got a newborn. Hopefully we'll renew the series before too long and we can even things up. Good luck next week 04-cheers

Probably the same as many of our fans. They pick and chose which game to come to and I think there were many that decided to pick Miami next week, instead of this week.
09-11-2016 06:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.