Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coastal just scheduled their first FBS H&H
Bookmark and Share
CoastalAlum2011 Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal
We play them at home first in 2017, and then we go to UMass in 2018.

I think that's a nice 1-1 pick up for us, especially as a program brand new to FBS.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2015 11:12 AM by CoastalAlum2011.)
12-17-2015 11:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AppinVA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
RE: Coastal just scheduled their first FBS H&H
This is where I'd post the picture from Goodfellas where young Henry "pops his cherry" and is congratulated by everyone in the Family, but I'm at work.

Congrats, anyway.
12-17-2015 11:14 AM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
UMASS filling its Indy schedule with anyone I suppose. CCU gets a team for its FBS transition and UMass needs games for its Indy status.
12-17-2015 11:17 AM
CoastalAlum2011 Offline
All American

(12-17-2015 11:17 AM)MWC Tex Wrote:  UMASS filling its Indy schedule with anyone I suppose. CCU gets a team for its FBS transition and UMass needs games for its Indy status.

You're a fun guy.
12-17-2015 11:18 AM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
It's true though. Not a bad thing as it benefits both teams. I think UMASS, by going Indy, is putting all of its eggs in one basket and hoping for an AAC invite.
12-17-2015 11:21 AM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
Congrats, Chants.
12-17-2015 11:25 AM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(12-17-2015 11:17 AM)MWC Tex Wrote:  UMASS filling its Indy schedule with anyone I suppose. CCU gets a team for its FBS transition and UMass needs games for its Indy status.

You must be the life at parties...
12-17-2015 11:26 AM
bullitt_60 Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
(12-17-2015 11:06 AM)CoastalAlum2011 Wrote:  We play them at home first in 2017, and then we go to UMass in 2018.

I think that's a nice 1-1 pick up for us, especially as a program brand new to FBS.

Any home-and-home before you've made the transition is a big deal. Congrats!
12-17-2015 11:38 AM
Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
I think this is a great pickup so early in the process.
12-17-2015 11:48 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(12-17-2015 11:21 AM)THUNDERGround Wrote:  It's true though. Not a bad thing as it benefits both teams. I think UMASS, by going Indy, is putting all of its eggs in one basket and hoping for an AAC invite.

They will never be a legit AAC candidate until,they get thier football program turned around and invest in a viable on campus stadium. UMass seems to want to do everything on the cheap---there are teams on this board with far better facilities and stronger programs than UMass. I'm not sure that program can survive at its current level of investment as an indy in the current landscape.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2015 11:52 AM by Attackcoog.)
12-17-2015 11:51 AM
AppinVA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(12-17-2015 11:18 AM)CoastalAlum2011 Wrote:  

You're a fun guy.

Funny how? Does he amuse you? Maybe he's just a little ****** up. How the **** is he funny?

There may be a Goodfellas scene for every situation.
12-17-2015 11:58 AM
Advertisement

slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
Congrats Chants. I'm surprised you go the home game in 2017 but with UMass being Indy they have to line up home games differently. That first home and home announcement is fun. Our first announcement had two, Wyoming and Navy.

Look forward to playing you in 2017 or whenever you rotate on to our schedule.
12-17-2015 12:01 PM
SENOREIDA Offline
1st String

Signing UMass will also be great for student turn out, as a lot of Coastal's student population come from the Northeast.
12-17-2015 12:22 PM
SoCalBobcat78 Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST, UCLA, CBU

With this home-and-home series, UMASS has completed their 2017 schedule. They need two games to complete their 2018 schedule. As an independent, UMASS has had no problem filling their schedule.

This is a good get for Coastal Carolina. They have their FBS OOC home game for 2017. They can add an FCS home game to for their 6th home game. The rest of the 2017 schedule should be easy to complete.
12-17-2015 12:34 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(12-17-2015 11:51 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(12-17-2015 11:21 AM)THUNDERGround Wrote:  It's true though. Not a bad thing as it benefits both teams. I think UMASS, by going Indy, is putting all of its eggs in one basket and hoping for an AAC invite.

They will never be a legit AAC candidate until,they get thier football program turned around and invest in a viable on campus stadium. UMass seems to want to do everything on the cheap---there are teams on this board with far better facilities and stronger programs than UMass. I'm not sure that program can survive at its current level of investment as an indy in the current landscape.

That's a good point, and I agree. It seems as though UMASS is riding the "But we have the Boston market and we will go great with UCONN" train, but don't want to earn it.
12-17-2015 12:39 PM
NewJersey GATA Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
Any home/home is a great get. Congrats
12-17-2015 12:54 PM
Advertisement

Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
Congrats Chants.

GS's AD may want to take notes, I have a feeling CCU is about to sign a bunch of good H&Hs.
12-17-2015 01:03 PM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(12-17-2015 01:03 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Congrats Chants.

GS's AD may want to take notes, I have a feeling CCU is about to sign a bunch of good H&Hs.

Well sure.

They have a head coach that can give the AD's and presidents sound investing advice in exchange for a H&H.
12-17-2015 01:06 PM
SoCalBobcat78 Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST, UCLA, CBU

UMASS completed a $35 million dollar state of the art football training center in 2014. They have an on-campus stadium that seats 17,000 and they have the Pats stadium in Foxborough for larger crowds. It is not a perfect set-up, but it has gotten them home games against a number of P5 schools and they have a future four game home-and-home series with BYU.

They can worry about being a legit AAC candidate when there is an opening. In the meantime, they can schedule a game at South Carolina in 2016 that pays $1.5 million and as a bonus gets a home-and-home basketball game with South Carolina. Or get $1 million to play at Notre Dame on NBC. It is not easy to get on the Notre Dame schedule. UMASS has done a great job of scheduling. They are going to survive as an indy.
12-17-2015 01:52 PM
LUSportsFan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Lamar Cardinals
(12-17-2015 01:52 PM)SoCalBobcat78 Wrote:  

UMASS completed a $35 million dollar state of the art football training center in 2014. They have an on-campus stadium that seats 17,000 and they have the Pats stadium in Foxborough for larger crowds. It is not a perfect set-up, but it has gotten them home games against a number of P5 schools and they have a future four game home-and-home series with BYU.

They can worry about being a legit AAC candidate when there is an opening. In the meantime, they can schedule a game at South Carolina in 2016 that pays $1.5 million and as a bonus gets a home-and-home basketball game with South Carolina. Or get $1 million to play at Notre Dame on NBC. It is not easy to get on the Notre Dame schedule. UMASS has done a great job of scheduling. They are going to survive as an indy.

Just a minor addition...

Based on the linked article, the $34.5 million included the performance center, new press box, and new playing field. Even so, they all look like great additions. UMass still kicked the can down the road on getting McGuirk ADA compliant.

http://www.gazettenet.com/sports/umasssp...rk-upgrade

One thing that is not mentioned in the above article is the $28.5 million Champions Center, a new basketball training and locker room facility.

http://www.masslive.com/umass/index.ssf/...tball.html

Back to the topic, scheduling the Home & Home sounds like a win/win. Did the announcement mention the site of the UMass home game (Gillette in Foxboro or McGuirk Alumni Stadium in Amherst (Hadley))?
12-17-2015 02:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.