Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NO SMACK - GaSouthern @ App State Thread
Bookmark and Share
gsu2583 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ga Southern
I love the trash talking as much as the next fella, and will participate thusly in the designated thread.

Let's keep this thread to civil discussion of the matchup.

If such a thing is possible.
10-18-2015 10:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: NO SMACK - GaSouthern @ App State Thread
Impossible
10-18-2015 10:10 AM
TrueBlueAlum Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
One thing I've noticed is App's defense plays a full 4 quarters. Ours doesn't. Our (1st string) defense seems to check out with about 5 min to go till halftime and doesn't check back in till the beginning of 4th quarter.
10-18-2015 10:13 AM
ah59396 Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
I'm very excited to see App's run defense battle the GaSo running game. Hopefully it's a flat-out slugfest in the trenches.

And then we can stick a field goal post through your bus window again...
10-18-2015 10:17 AM
ManOnABuffalo Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Smack started ∆
10-18-2015 10:19 AM
gsu2583 Offline
Special Teams

</thread>
10-18-2015 10:22 AM
Advertisement

YesAppCan Offline
2nd String

This should be a great game between two true rivals. Weather is supposed to be perfect. I can't wait to get there. App's ability to slow down Brieda and Ellison while not forgetting about the other backs and GS's ability to slow down App's offense, especially passing game. In other words--- The best defense wins this one!
10-18-2015 10:23 AM
gsu2583 Offline
Special Teams

Honeslty, if Southern can complete 8-10 passes I think we win. If not, danger Will Robinson.
10-18-2015 10:26 AM
Venaros Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: GS
(10-18-2015 10:23 AM)App State 85 Wrote:  This should be a great game between two true rivals. Weather is supposed to be perfect. I can't wait to get there. App's ability to slow down Brieda and Ellison while not forgetting about the other backs and GS's ability to slow down App's offense, especially passing game. In other words--- The best defense wins this one!

Agreed. And that may be what puts App over us this year. Our D has been amazing at times, but I haven't seen a full quality 60 minutes out of them.
10-18-2015 10:49 AM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

You can mark it down that App will try to burn us deep multiple times. The game will hinge on whether or not we can prevent being burned deep. We have not fared very well in that area so far this season
10-18-2015 10:57 AM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
With 2 linebackers out my biggest worry is the App running game.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2015 11:00 AM by Georgia_Power_Company.)
10-18-2015 11:00 AM
Advertisement

ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
(10-18-2015 10:57 AM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  You can mark it down that App will try to burn us deep multiple times. The game will hinge on whether or not we can prevent being burned deep. We have not fared very well in that area so far this season

As I said in the NMSU thread, that was a game for your coaches to find a scheme to end the big play. I didn't get a chance to watch how it played out, but what did you guys give up?
10-18-2015 11:02 AM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
(10-18-2015 11:00 AM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  With 2 linebackers out my biggest worry is the App running game.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

Upshaw is back after missing the Georgia State game and he ran hard against a mix of 1st and 2nd team players. The problem won't be effort but experience as App runs a lot of misdirection. If they get sucked in a few times it may start to chip away at their confidence they have going into the start.
10-18-2015 11:04 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

This is my take, hate it if you want.

Defensively App doesn't scare me, although obviously I am not expecting us to keep up our streak of 40+ point games. What I think a lot of people including a lot of our fans overlook about our team is how we are able to rotate backs the way we have. When you have a back like Breida and he is averaging less than 15 carries a game you know you have good depth at running back. Keeping our backs fresh has allowed us to be more explosive than if we were relying on one guy to have 20-25 carries a game. It's worth pointing out that our OL has really gelled into a nice unit as well.

I give App credit for what they have done so far. I don't want to get into the dumb argument about strength of schedule. You don't win the games App has won the manner they have without being a good G5 team. No objective person, though, can say that App's schedule hasn't helped prop up their rushing defense numbers. Wyoming is #59 in rushing yards, ODU is #93, and ULM is #121.

The one thing App has that worries me is Shaedon Meadors. Every time App State has beat us going back to 2008 App has at least one receiver that absolutely blows the game wide open and changes the game. We've faced McElfresh and Jones before and they aren't that guy but Meadors might be. If App wins the game I'm betting he gets the game ball and not Lamb or Cox.

One Team: 34
The Other Team: 28
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2015 11:18 AM by EigenEagle.)
10-18-2015 11:16 AM
moehler Offline
1st String

first off, thanks for starting this thread, is been less than 24 hrs and I'm already sick of the smack talking. As for keys to the game, when Lamb runs 5 or 6 times a game, like he has the last 2 games, our offense is really tough to contain, much less stop because it forces defenses to account for him, which gives our backs more opportunities when they hit the line. We are the most balanced offense in the SBC, so I don't think its smart for GS to key on one particular part of our offense, they must change up their defensive play calling and try to confuse Lamb, GS must take some chances and hope to force some turnovers. App's defense is going to try and do what everyone else has tried and failed, load up the box, and dare Elliott to beat them with his arm. I don't think GS has a chance if they lose the time of possession, they are going to try and eat up the clock, keep their defense on the side line and shorten the game, if they can eat up 4 or 5 minutes a possession, then I really like GS to win the game, but if App can get alot of 3 and outs, I think App wins. Finally, the first advantage of the week goes to App, GS really wanted a wet, windy game, that would effect App's passing game, now, it looks like we are going to get a perfect night for the game, good luck GS defense trying to defend both the run and the pass.
10-18-2015 11:18 AM
McLeansvilleAppFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian St
(10-18-2015 10:26 AM)gsu2583 Wrote:  Honeslty, if Southern can complete 8-10 passes I think we win. If not, danger Will Robinson.

What has been the average for Southern so far this year for completed passes?
10-18-2015 11:23 AM
Advertisement

GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

No need to sugarcoat it but our passing attack has been pretty bad this year.
10-18-2015 11:25 AM
AppMtneer08 Offline
2nd String

(10-18-2015 11:25 AM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  No need to sugarcoat it but our passing attack has been pretty bad this year.

not even trying to talk smack, but when have you ever had a good passing attack?

Georgia Southern and a passing game are just not 2 things i ever equate with each other
10-18-2015 11:43 AM
Eagleditka Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS Eagles
Whoever runs the ball the best wins the game. I expect App State to stack the box against us. Kevin Ellison will have to get a few first downs through the air to keep them honest. A deep threat has yet to emerge for us since BJ Johnson went down. It hasn't hurt us yet, but App State is good enough to exploit that weakness by bringing the safeties up.
10-18-2015 11:53 AM
gsu2583 Offline
Special Teams

Re: RE: NO SMACK - GaSouthern @ App State Thread
(10-18-2015 11:43 AM)AppMtneer08 Wrote:  
(10-18-2015 11:25 AM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  No need to sugarcoat it but our passing attack has been pretty bad this year.

not even trying to talk smack, but when have you ever had a good passing attack?

Georgia Southern and a passing game are just not 2 things i ever equate with each other

Depends on what your definition of "passing attack" is.

For us it's " enough completions to add danger to the running game."

But even that has been lacking for us this season.

Maybe the law of averages will kick in and help us out this Thursday.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2015 11:55 AM by gsu2583.)
10-18-2015 11:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.