Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thank You Coach Blakeney!
Bookmark and Share
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
Thank You Coach Blakeney!
Larry Blakeney ‏@CoachBlakeney 5h The 6th Sun Belt Championship runs through Troy, AL this Thurs. ALL Trojans need to be there and be LOUD! YOU must make an impact! #GoTroyExpand Collapse Reply
Retweet Retweeted
Delete
Favorite Favorited More
Share via email Embed Tweet Report Tweet
74 Retweets 15 Favorites 9:18 AM - 28 Oct 13 · Details
10-28-2013 02:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: Thank You Coach Blakeney!
Technically it runs through Lafayette, since Troy plays at the Cajuns...but that's for another time I guess.
10-28-2013 02:37 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(10-28-2013 02:37 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Technically it runs through Lafayette, since Troy plays at the Cajuns...but that's for another time I guess.

And that is the way the Cajun's staff and players are taking it this morning. Blakeney just gave Hudspeth all of the locker room material he needs for next Thursday night.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2013 02:59 PM by CrazyCajun.)
10-28-2013 02:39 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(10-28-2013 02:39 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  
(10-28-2013 02:37 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Technically it runs through Lafayette, since Troy plays at the Cajuns...but that's for another time I guess.

And that is the way the Cajun's staff and players ae taking it this morning. Blakeney just gave Hudspeth all of the locker room material he needs for next Thursday night.

OUCH! Coach, B!!! Its gonna be awesome seeing you at Cajun Field!!!

LOL!!

Z
10-28-2013 02:53 PM
chiefsfan Offline

I do understand why Blakeny said it though. The loser of this weeks ULM/Troy game is out of the title race, and if Troy loses, they are staring at a 6-6 record or worse with games @ UL and @ Ole Miss the next two weeks.

This week could be the difference between sitting at home, or challenging for a shot at the Go Daddy bid.
10-28-2013 02:56 PM
cajunbane Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cajuns
Last time Larry the Cable Coach came to Cajun Field he told our players "He smelled *****" during a dust up in the tunnel. Unfortunately for Larry...he was smelling his upper lip...for he was the *****.
10-28-2013 02:59 PM
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
I doubt that even makes it to the UL players and staff...

But he's trying to get fans out to the game since it's a mid week game on Halloween... Attendance will probably be down
10-28-2013 03:02 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(10-28-2013 02:56 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I do understand why Blakeny said it though. The loser of this weeks ULM/Troy game is out of the title race, and if Troy loses, they are staring at a 6-6 record or worse with games @ UL and @ Ole Miss the next two weeks.

This week could be the difference between sitting at home, or challenging for a shot at the Go Daddy bid.

It's exactly that. If Troy loses, they are most likely out of the title race and getting to a bowl will be that much harder. So in that respect, it does run through Troy. As you said, if ULM loses they are also out of the race, unless the champ is a 2 loss team. I think Blakeney should have worded it differently though, because as per usual, the Cajuns will try and make it into something its not. Even if Hudspeth believes it's not a shot at Louisiana, he'll spin that for locker room material anyway.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2013 03:08 PM by TroyFootball05.)
10-28-2013 03:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(10-28-2013 03:02 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  I doubt that even makes it to the UL players and staff...

But he's trying to get fans out to the game since it's a mid week game on Halloween... Attendance will probably be down

You might want to watch the media luncheon video on the Cajun's athletic web site. Both players that spoke today mentioned that they thought his comments disrespectful of their accomplishments when asked about his twitter comments this morning. Hudspeth blew it off to turn focus back to the NMST game this week. He just said we will discuss it next week after we play this next game.
10-28-2013 03:09 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-28-2013 03:09 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  
(10-28-2013 03:02 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  I doubt that even makes it to the UL players and staff...

You might want to watch the media luncheon video on the Cajun's athletic web site. Both players that spoke today mentioned that they thought his comments disrespectful of their accomplishments when asked about his twitter comments this morning. Hudspeth blew it off to turn focus back to the NMST game this week. He just said we will discuss it next week after we play this next game.

Y'all need to get a life if you think it's disrespectful... He's trying to get Troy fans pumped up....
10-28-2013 03:11 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(10-28-2013 03:07 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(10-28-2013 02:56 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I do understand why Blakeny said it though. The loser of this weeks ULM/Troy game is out of the title race, and if Troy loses, they are staring at a 6-6 record or worse with games @ UL and @ Ole Miss the next two weeks.

It's exactly that. If Troy loses, they are most likely out of the title race and getting to a bowl will be that much harder. So in that respect, it does run through Troy. As you said, if ULM loses they are also out of the race, unless the champ is a 2 loss team. I think Blakeney should have worded it differently though, because as per usual, the Cajuns will try and make it into something its not. Even if Hudspeth believes it's not a shot at Louisiana, he'll spin that for locker room material anyway.

You cant give those guys any material. Heck for our game they had a ton of fire coming in, and one of their position coaches still managed to turn one of our hecklers into a rallying cry for the game.

I fully expect them to have a little trouble this week early against NMSU simply because the players are so focused on winning the league. I think that may have been what happened against Akron as well.
10-28-2013 03:12 PM
Advertisement

SOT1977 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM
Geez, the championship runs through whatever town you're playing at each week. This week, for Troy and ULM, it runs through Troy.
10-28-2013 03:13 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-28-2013 03:13 PM)SOT1977 Wrote:  Geez, the championship runs through whatever town you're playing at each week. This week, for Troy and ULM, it runs through Troy.

Ding ding ding.... We have a winner...
10-28-2013 03:15 PM
troy4ever Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Good grief. Troy beat WKU and put themself in a position to possibly make a run at the title and suddenly Louisiana people are all sensitive to something silly our coach says. Chill...
10-28-2013 03:18 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

Sure, he could have said the road to the Sun Belt Championship begins at Troy Thursday night. I can see what he mean't, but given his past comments about smelling p***** coming down the tunnel at Cajun Field last visit, his intentions don't matter to the athletes of the school sitting in first place above Troy in the standings. As you said, Hudspeth enjoy's this type of thing and Blakeney should know better after the last beat down in Lafayette.
10-28-2013 03:18 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-28-2013 03:18 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  

Sure, he could have said the road to the Sun Belt Championship begins at Troy Thursday night. I can see what he mean't, but given his past comments about smelling p***** coming down the tunnel at Cajun Field last visit, his intentions don't matter to the athletes of the school sitting in first place above Troy in the standings. As you said, Hudspeth enjoy's this type of thing and Blakeney should know better after the last beat down in Lafayette.

Well maybe I'll ask Blakeney what he thinks of your players being fired up after what he said during Trojan Talk Tuesday. Maybe that will fire our guys up then.01-wingedeagle
10-28-2013 03:21 PM
Advertisement

CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(10-28-2013 03:11 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  
(10-28-2013 03:09 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  

Y'all need to get a life if you think it's disrespectful... He's trying to get Troy fans pumped up....

LOL!!! No, your boys better strap it on tight entering Cajun Field. Thanks Coach B!04-rock
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2013 03:25 PM by CrazyCajun.)
10-28-2013 03:23 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times

What do you mea'n by smelling P***** coming down the tunnel? Show me where he said anything like that, assuming P***** stands for something derogatory.
10-28-2013 03:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cajunbane Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cajuns
(10-28-2013 03:31 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  

What do you mea'n by smelling P***** coming down the tunnel? Show me where he said anything like that, assuming P***** stands for something derogatory.

It's already been figured out...he was smelling his upper lip.
10-28-2013 03:40 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-28-2013 03:31 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  

First time hearing that for me....

Either y'all make up stuff... Or coach Hud is a fool.
10-28-2013 03:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.