Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I saw some serious whining by WKU fans about Tues nite games, but....
Bookmark and Share
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
I saw some serious whining by WKU fans about Tues nite games, but....
.....I don't see that much of a downside, especially if you're the visiting team.

Yeah, it's not a traditional college football night, but who can argue with being the only game in town for a national audience?

The major complaint I saw was that the fans don't turn out...work, other activities, etc. One guy was complaining about the drive time and not being able to miss work the next day. Understand that too.

But if you're a serious fan, schedule the next day off. It's not like the game is a surprise, you know months in advance typically.

While the Cajun schedule as been a bit screwy because of the Tuesday night games, they've gotten plenty of rest between games and seem to be doing what it takes to win a championship....winning on the road.
10-22-2013 10:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
RE: I saw some serious whining by WKU fans about Tues nite games, but....
OK and it's only a 7 hour drive to Jonesboro so why aren't you at the game?
10-22-2013 10:13 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(10-22-2013 10:13 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  OK and it's only a 7 hour drive to Jonesboro so why aren't you at the game?

Because I'm in Venezuela.
10-22-2013 10:15 PM
svvandal Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Idaho
(10-22-2013 10:06 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  .....I don't see that much of a downside, especially if you're the visiting team.

Yeah, it's not a traditional college football night, but who can argue with being the only game in town for a national audience?

The major complaint I saw was that the fans don't turn out...work, other activities, etc. One guy was complaining about the drive time and not being able to miss work the next day. Understand that too.

But if you're a serious fan, schedule the next day off. It's not like the game is a surprise, you know months in advance typically.

While the Cajun schedule as been a bit screwy because of the Tuesday night games, they've gotten plenty of rest between games and seem to be doing what it takes to win a championship....winning on the road.

Visiting teams should love the Tuesday night games! Absolutely zero crowd noise. Jonesboro has more than 120,000 people in the area and there are maybe 2,000 at the game here in the 4th quarter? Tuiwanna Harris is the most exciting thing going on in the whole stadium. And BTW this is not stAte's fault, nor am I bagging on them. College football should not be played on Tuesday night.
10-22-2013 10:15 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(10-22-2013 10:15 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(10-22-2013 10:13 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  OK and it's only a 7 hour drive to Jonesboro so why aren't you at the game?

Didn't you know about this game for moths? no excuses you had plenty of time to make travel plans.
10-22-2013 10:17 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(10-22-2013 10:17 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(10-22-2013 10:15 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  

Didn't you know about this game for moths? no excuses you had plenty of time to make travel plans.

Okay, ya got me.04-cheers
10-22-2013 10:18 PM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

Well ULL loves Tues. nights...They took any crowds at both venues out early in both games...I agree Football is an event and on Tues. night its not an event regardless if you take off our not, most kids have to go to school and it makes it a late night for kids and parents alike especially if you live 2.5 hrs away like I do...
10-22-2013 10:21 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(10-22-2013 10:21 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Well ULL loves Tues. nights...They took any crowds at both venues out early in both games...I agree Football is an event and on Tues. night its not an event regardless if you take off our not, most kids have to go to school and it makes it a late night for kids and parents alike especially if you live 2.5 hrs away like I do...

True dat. I'd probably feel differently if the Cajuns lost a home on a Tuesday and had a crappy fan turnout.

Having said all that, I LOVE TUESDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL.02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana
10-22-2013 10:25 PM
Louisianafanrcajun90 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UL
(10-22-2013 10:21 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Well ULL loves Tues. nights...They took any crowds at both venues out early in both games...I agree Football is an event and on Tues. night its not an event regardless if you take off our not, most kids have to go to school and it makes it a late night for kids and parents alike especially if you live 2.5 hrs away like I do...

Show some class. You got beat by the better team. Move on....
10-22-2013 10:25 PM
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
(10-22-2013 10:25 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  

Where in the heck did that come from?
10-22-2013 10:27 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

He's been very gracious and has shown plenty of class. I think I'll give him a +1.
10-22-2013 10:28 PM
Advertisement

wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

It seemed that he complimented UL for playing well on tues nights? I'd be the away team all the time if possible. It's a losing situation for the home team
10-22-2013 10:29 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I believe you will see you are mistaken if you go back and read the post again
10-22-2013 10:30 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(10-22-2013 10:30 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  

I believe you will see you are mistaken if you go back and read the post again

Don't sweat petty things. And while you're at it, don't pet sweaty things either.04-rock
10-22-2013 10:33 PM
mathenis89 Offline
Sucks at NCAA Football 14

I Root For: WKU, Miami, OSU
(10-22-2013 10:27 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  

He's an idiot. Or a troll. Or both. Easily the most confrontational fan on this board.
10-22-2013 10:59 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Tuesday Football is not terrible if you know how to get fans there. I've never had a real issue with midweek games, as long as we continue to bring fans.

Of course after tonight, we might not bring fans to any more games.
10-22-2013 11:04 PM
Advertisement

zeebart21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(10-22-2013 10:59 PM)mathenis89 Wrote:  

He's an idiot. Or a troll. Or both. Easily the most confrontational fan on this board.

bull****... dont shortchange me, fool!

Z
10-22-2013 11:38 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(10-22-2013 11:38 PM)zeebart21 Wrote:  
(10-22-2013 10:59 PM)mathenis89 Wrote:  

bull****... dont shortchange me, fool!

Z

Now you've really pissed off Rosie and her soul mates!
10-22-2013 11:46 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Name a school in the Belt that would have more than 2k in the stands down like that with a horrible offensive performance on a Saturday and I'll call you a liar.

Weeknight games are bad unless the bulk of your fan base is within an hour of campus.

While there were certainly a lot of empty GA seats tonight (upper deck facing the cameras) the real gaps were in the lower level which is pretty much sold out except for the two sections that are lower level left side of your screen. Those are reserved for the visiting team and no one would expect a team basically a work day length drive away to have more than a smattering of fans. The Cajuns brought about what Idaho did but Idaho fans missed at most one day of work, UL fans would miss two.

I would have missed the game had I not been working in Jonesboro already this week, but because I'm working in Jonesboro my wife didn't make it nor did my parents who have to have someone drive them.

Yet noise wise it was a better crowd than we had for Idaho even though not as many seats were filled. I know from experience regardless of score people start leaving at half for weeknight games because work the next day and school.

You lose the tailgate experience on weeknights but the games are still worth it, I just wish we could work it out so no one has to host more than one per season.
10-23-2013 12:36 AM
trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
How many midweek games does ASU have this year? What's the most a team has had in a given year?
10-23-2013 04:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.