Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Potential EMU Football Coaches?
Bookmark and Share
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Potential EMU Football Coaches?
I was hoping this thread wouldn't be needed, but name your potential candidates on this thread.
09-22-2013 04:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

wolverineeagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU/UM
RE: Potential EMU Football Coaches?
(09-22-2013 04:29 PM)emu79 Wrote:  I was hoping this thread wouldn't be needed, but name your potential candidates on this thread.

Chuck Martin, ND’s OC would be a good hire. He won two national titles at GVSU and has previous experience at EMU.
09-22-2013 05:12 PM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
Dear Friends,
I would nominate John Banazak, former Huron, Pittsburgh Steeler, and now Head Coach at Robert Morris in Pennsylvania. I don't know how his team is doing this year, but I do know he would be a good candidate. How about hiring someone with an Eastern background?
Just checked their record. 1-2 so far. Also, I thought their head coach was retiring after last season, but he is listed as their coach with Banazak listed as Assistant Head Coach.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2013 05:48 PM by Ken Barna.)
09-22-2013 05:42 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
(09-22-2013 04:29 PM)emu79 Wrote:  I was hoping this thread wouldn't be needed, but name your potential candidates on this thread.

-Bill Cubit, OC, Illinois
-Rob Ambrose, HC, Towson
-Sonny Cumbie, OC, Texas Tech
-Lincoln Riley, OC, ECU
-Craig Bohl, HC, North Dakota State
-Willie Fritz, HC, Sam Houston State
-Matt Viator, HC, McNeese State

With this list, there's no need to hire a search firm, EMU. You're welcome.
09-22-2013 05:45 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

(09-22-2013 05:12 PM)wolverineeagle Wrote:  

Chuck Martin, ND’s OC would be a good hire. He won two national titles at GVSU and has previous experience at EMU.

There's no way he'd take the pay cut. He'll get a better opportunity than EMU soon enough.
09-22-2013 05:47 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

(09-22-2013 05:42 PM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear Friends,
I would nominate John Banazak, former Huron, Pittsburgh Steeler, and now Head Coach at Robert Morris in Pennsylvania. I don't know how his team is doing this year, but I do know he would be a good candidate. How about hiring someone with an Eastern background?
Just checked their record. 1-2 so far. Also, I thought their head coach was retiring after last season, but he is listed as their coach with Banazak listed as Assistant Head Coach.

At 63, he's a bit too old for this.
09-22-2013 05:54 PM
Advertisement

TimBuck2 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: eastern
Outof the box thought would be Bob Bartolomeo, from Univ. if Indy. Has done pretty well turning that program around against tough competition. He has past MAC experience (BallSt for a long time, and CMU if I remember correctly). His OC, who may come with him, has connections in Michigan.

Reach option I know, but a name that could be realistic. Especially considering Chuck Martin (who, why would he leave a possible opportunity to leave with Bk to the NFL or take over as HC when Kelly bolts?) and other "big names" have seemed to turn EMU down or will be quite expensive for Eastern's possible situation.
09-22-2013 05:57 PM
HuronRob Offline
Special Teams

(09-22-2013 05:45 PM)holybovine Wrote:  

-Bill Cubit, OC, Illinois
-Rob Ambrose, HC, Towson
-Sonny Cumbie, OC, Texas Tech
-Lincoln Riley, OC, ECU
-Craig Bohl, HC, North Dakota State
-Willie Fritz, HC, Sam Houston State
-Matt Viator, HC, McNeese State

With this list, there's no need to hire a search firm, EMU. You're welcome.

I'll bet it would take something very special to lure Bohl away from NDSU. He's God there and has NDSU as the team favored to win the FCS. It would "almost" be a step down for him to come to EMU, if you know what I mean. Here he would always play second fiddle to U-M and less so to MSU. There is no other real competition for glory in North Dakota.

I love the thought of Bohl but I don't see that happening.

McNeese State and Sam Houston State are kicking the crap out of their opponents too and their head coaches may be willing to share the limelight with neighbors like U-M and MSU since they're doing it already.

I like the suggestions.
09-22-2013 06:05 PM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear holybovine,
Can't remember the coaches name at Kansas State, but he has had success and he's older than 63.
09-22-2013 08:42 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

(09-22-2013 08:42 PM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear holybovine,
Can't remember the coaches name at Kansas State, but he has had success and he's older than 63.

He also had previous success at the 1-A level.
09-22-2013 08:54 PM
NUPudge Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU Football
Do anyone think they will let English go before the end of the year?

WMU did it for their team last year, why not us?
09-22-2013 09:04 PM
Advertisement

holybovine Offline
Heisman

(09-22-2013 09:04 PM)NUPudge Wrote:  Do anyone think they will let English go before the end of the year?

WMU let Cubit finish out the year, but that doesn't mean we will. I could certainly envision a scenario where we lose our next 2-3 games, and EMU fires English while letting Parrish play out the string.
09-22-2013 09:21 PM
wolverineeagle Offline
1st String

(09-22-2013 05:57 PM)TimBuck2 Wrote:  Outof the box thought would be Bob Bartolomeo, from Univ. if Indy. Has done pretty well turning that program around against tough competition. He has past MAC experience (BallSt for a long time, and CMU if I remember correctly). His OC, who may come with him, has connections in Michigan.

Reach option I know, but a name that could be realistic. Especially considering Chuck Martin (who, why would he leave a possible opportunity to leave with Bk to the NFL or take over as HC when Kelly bolts?) and other "big names" have seemed to turn EMU down or will be quite expensive for Eastern's possible situation.

ND would never hire Martin to replace Kelly. They would go with a big name.
09-22-2013 09:36 PM
wolverineeagle Offline
1st String

(09-22-2013 08:54 PM)holybovine Wrote:  
(09-22-2013 08:42 PM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear holybovine,

He also had previous success at the 1-A level.

Snyder built Kansas State into a top 20 program. He came back to the program he built.
09-22-2013 09:38 PM
Ubish Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
(09-22-2013 09:04 PM)NUPudge Wrote:  Do anyone think they will let English go before the end of the year?

WMU never announced Bill was fired until after the EMU game. Word on the street is the president set a goal of 8 wins, if he did not make the goal he was gone. He knew he was out, but I don't think anyone else knew.
09-22-2013 10:39 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

i'm surprised no one has mentioned the Wayne State Coach yet, the North Dakota head coach signed a 7 year deal last year when he was a candidate or name mentioned in the WMU search.

I don't have their names but we should research Western Illinois and Illinois State.

And since our new AD is from Ohio State here's some other names to consider:

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/...aches.html

Remember two Ohio State assistants got hired for Kent State and Toledo and those have worked out well.
09-23-2013 02:26 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC

I suggest that the reader search Google for the term 'mental masturbation'.

Here is one I found:

"Intellectual activity that serves no practical purpose."

[It is up there with Hoopster's searching for 2015 and 2016 basketball recruits which also is 'mental masturbation'. 03-lmfao

P.S. I've gotten e-mails from him regarding 2015 prospects in MI.]

The season has two months before we determine if there is a bridge which needs to be crossed...
09-23-2013 05:20 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I guess I'm tempted to post the definition of narcissist, but since you're college educated Steve I assume you already know. Apply where needed.

People defend your right to post on this board regardless of your opinions. You need to respect other people's rights to do the same thing.
09-23-2013 06:50 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

Here's one from the last good around:

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-fo...rik00.html
09-23-2013 06:52 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(09-23-2013 06:50 AM)emu79 Wrote:  I guess I'm tempted to post the definition of narcissist, but since you're college educated Steve I assume you already know. Apply where needed.

People defend your right to post on this board regardless of your opinions. You need to respect other people's rights to do the same thing.

I don't think I was denying your right to post on this (or any other subject), BUT trying to guess the next EMU HC (and that assumes that the balance of 2013 goes poorly and English doesn't return) is intellectual folly.

[Sorry for disagreeing with you. BUT I'm exercising MY right to disagree with you.

On game day, I vehemently disagree with some posters and they vehemently disagree with me. So what... I just stop reading the threads and watch the next game on television...]

There could easily be 50 or 100 candidates.

As a point of analogy:

I was trying to guess back in March whom I thought would be (or I thought should be) the next Roman Catholic Pontiff.

I went through John Allen's write-ups on around 15 possibles (out of 115 [?] voting cardinals) and then quickly decided I absolutely didn't have a clue.

I just sat back and waited for the conclave to begin and then started watching for smoke....
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013 08:35 AM by emu steve.)
09-23-2013 08:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.