Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stadiumjourney.com
Bookmark and Share
LifetimeTopper Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WKU
Stadiumjourney.com
If this has been posted before, forgive me, but here are unbiased reviews of all our stadiums...

http://www.stadiumjourney.com

How does your school rate?? Also includes basketball arenas...

WKU- 3.4
MTSU- 2.1
ULM- 3.1
UL- 2.7
ASU- 2.4
Troy- 2.9
FIU- 3.1
FAU- 3.0
UNT- unrated
USA- unrated
TxSt- unrated

Oh yeah, and Diddle scored a 4.3...
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2012 05:28 PM by LifetimeTopper.)
10-21-2012 05:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: Stadiumjourney.com
Couldn't find Ladd anywhere.....what does that mean???
10-21-2012 05:16 PM
CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
Really? They have Texas Southern but not Texas State?
10-21-2012 05:26 PM
LifetimeTopper Offline
2nd String

(10-21-2012 05:16 PM)Usajags Wrote:  Couldn't find Ladd anywhere.....what does that mean???

I'd say it means they haven't gotten to them yet...

Heck of a retirement job though to go rate stadiums around the country!!
10-21-2012 05:28 PM
Crump1 Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
That is horses*#t. Some random dude from some random place writes a distorted column. This guy has no idea what he is talking about with respect to access, atmosphere or fans. Also, he raves about the extras and gives the stadium a "1" in that area? Seriously? #unimpressed
10-21-2012 05:45 PM
Crump1 Offline
All American

No offense, but they rate FIU, FAU and ULM ahead of ASU and ULL? Nonsense.
10-21-2012 05:46 PM
Advertisement

Green Menace Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(10-21-2012 05:46 PM)Crump1 Wrote:  No offense, but they rate FIU, FAU and ULM ahead of ASU and ULL? Nonsense.
FAU I can see because of the newness.
10-21-2012 09:24 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(10-21-2012 05:46 PM)Crump1 Wrote:  No offense, but they rate FIU, FAU and ULM ahead of ASU and ULL? Nonsense.

FIU gets rated highly because you can always find a nice quiet seat down low on the 50.
10-21-2012 09:27 PM
LifetimeTopper Offline
2nd String

There are three ways to look at the quality of a stadium-

1) From a player/recruit's perspective
2) From an opposing team's perspective
3) From a fan's perspective

This website is strictly looking at #3 and it's not exactly a scientific formula they're using. They weight each factor equally (which I don't agree with), but if you look at the content within each of the factors, I believe they do a pretty good job. Of course, I've only been to four of the stadiums in the conference, so that's all I can base my judgement on those.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2012 09:31 PM by LifetimeTopper.)
10-21-2012 09:31 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

(10-21-2012 09:27 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  

FIU gets rated highly because you can always find a nice quiet seat down low on the 50.

03-lmfao
10-21-2012 09:38 PM
Crump1 Offline
All American

(10-21-2012 09:31 PM)LifetimeTopper Wrote:  There are three ways to look at the quality of a stadium-

This website is strictly looking at #3 and it's not exactly a scientific formula they're using. They weight each factor equally (which I don't agree with), but if you look at the content within each of the factors, I believe they do a pretty good job. Of course, I've only been to four of the stadiums in the conference, so that's all I can base my judgement on those.
They can't even get #3 right and they have different random people doing each one. It looks like crap that Bleacherreport would put out.
10-21-2012 09:39 PM
Advertisement

LifetimeTopper Offline
2nd String

(10-21-2012 09:39 PM)Crump1 Wrote:  
(10-21-2012 09:31 PM)LifetimeTopper Wrote:  There are three ways to look at the quality of a stadium-

They can't even get #3 right and they have different random people doing each one. It looks like crap that Bleacherreport would put out.

For the sake of discussion, what specifically do you disagree with that they say about a particular stadium?
10-21-2012 09:59 PM
Crump1 Offline
All American

Turns out the ASU piece was from a Memphis fan and writer during our game against... Memphis. It was a capacity crowd and it was loud. His complaints about the "access" are false, even compared to the Liberty Bowl where he normally hangs out. The atmosphere wasn't "there for him" because his favorite team lost the game.

Memphis fans have always been "snooty" towards ASU and our fans and this seemed to be more of the same with the lowest ratings given to our fans and atmoshpere. I've heard comments from visiting ESPN employees that the atmosphere and crowd are among the most impressive at our level.
10-21-2012 10:14 PM
Crump1 Offline
All American

(10-21-2012 09:59 PM)LifetimeTopper Wrote:  
(10-21-2012 09:39 PM)Crump1 Wrote:  

For the sake of discussion, what specifically do you disagree with that they say about a particular stadium?

Just for comparison's sake, FIU gets the same score as ASU for atmosphere and 3 times what ASU got for "fans". On top of that the writer for FIU said there wasn't much to speak of in terms of "extras" yet gave them a 2. The guys who did the ASU piece wrote:

"Just can't get over how clean Liberty Bank Stadium was! That's important to me, and obviously, it's important to the staff at the stadium. The ushers are numerous, and they go out of their way to be helpful. The sound system is loud and impressive without being overbearing. If they can get a slew of crazy students to start going nuts, maybe the crowds will begin to have more of a football feel...."

That warranted a 1.

BTW, our student section has been packed and phenomenal this year. Ask anyone that has attended a game and isn't a Memphis fan.

Again, Bleacherreport type work.
10-21-2012 10:19 PM
Crump1 Offline
All American

10-21-2012 10:21 PM
Crump1 Offline
All American

BTW, the Memphis fan LOVES the ancient Liberty Bowl in Memphis.
10-21-2012 10:26 PM
Advertisement

LifetimeTopper Offline
2nd String

(10-21-2012 10:21 PM)Crump1 Wrote:  Exhibit "A"

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/r...adium-s474

I had actually seen that already...04-cheers
10-21-2012 10:27 PM
tyler90wm Offline
Blue Raider

I Root For: MT
(10-21-2012 09:59 PM)LifetimeTopper Wrote:  For the sake of discussion, what specifically do you disagree with that they say about a particular stadium?

For one, the fans ranking. He said that our fans were quiet after we started to lose; maybe that's because there was nothing to cheer for? Just using one game to base that on is ridiculous because if the team is winning the fans will be more into it and if they're losing the fans are usually quiet.

Also, for the "extras" score, our stadium got a 0, while some of the other Sun Belt teams received a higher ranking for passing out programs (to buy), pom poms, towels, etc. MTSU has sold programs every game I've been to and they usually pass out some sort of item for the game.

As I said earlier, it is ridiculous to score some of these attributes based on one game and for there to be numerous "reviewers".
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2012 10:33 PM by tyler90wm.)
10-21-2012 10:27 PM
Crump1 Offline
All American

(10-21-2012 10:27 PM)tyler90wm Wrote:  
(10-21-2012 09:59 PM)LifetimeTopper Wrote:  For the sake of discussion, what specifically do you disagree with that they say about a particular stadium?

For one, the fans ranking. He said that our fans were quiet after we started to lose; maybe that's because there was nothing to cheer for? Just using one game to base that on is ridiculous because if the team is winning the fans will be more into it and if they're losing the fans are usually quiet.

Also, for the "extras" score, our stadium got a 0, while some of the other Sun Belt teams received a higher ranking for passing out programs (to buy), pom poms, towels, etc. MTSU has sold programs every game I've been to and they usually pass out some sort of item for the game.

As I said earlier, it is ridiculous to score some of these attributes based on one game and for there to be numerous "reviewers".
It is lame. Hey, we fell for it!
10-21-2012 10:33 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

My buddy payed basketball for WKU and he told me last week at FIU had a very very nice campus and surprised by it
10-21-2012 10:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.