Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Week Discussion: Troy vs. South Alabama
Bookmark and Share
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
Game Week Discussion: Troy vs. South Alabama
Well, Troy got past UNT and South has MSU in their rearview mirrors.

It's time for one of the most anticipated Conference games of the year, the Trojans vs. the Jags. 03-thumbsup
09-23-2012 06:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tiguar Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: Game Week Discussion: Troy vs. South Alabama
over/under on both teams passing to each other instead of their own receivers?

I'm going with 4 a piece
09-23-2012 07:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

This has TRAP written all over it....

03-zzz...............03-shhhh....................04-chairshot...............03-banghead
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2012 07:30 PM by Atlanta Trojan.)
09-23-2012 07:29 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

Hey Jag fans, yall should go over to your board and recruit some new folks to become members over here. 04-cheers
09-23-2012 08:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SkullyMaroo Offline

(09-23-2012 08:18 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  Hey Jag fans, yall should go over to your board and recruit some new folks to become members over here. 04-cheers

With our board home changing a couple times over the past year some are reluctant to sign up for another message board.

But I'm here and let's chat... lol
09-23-2012 08:21 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I'd say this is one of the more stable boards, we're not going anywhere.
09-23-2012 08:28 PM
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Offline

(09-23-2012 08:28 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  I'd say this is one of the more stable boards, we're not going anywhere.

We had an old board built from scratch before, but Scout wanted us so we moved to Scout. We used Scout for some time (few years) and they decided we didn't generate enough traffic and wanted to take over, so we moved to csnbbs.com temporarily while we built another site. The only constant has been our url of http://www.jagsjungle.com. Jag fans do like this board for Sun Belt talk. We just gotta get more posters in general on the boards.
09-23-2012 08:37 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

Let's get this started... This summer Larry Blakeney made a couple of disparaging comments towards USA. I know USA fans, players, and coaches remember them...

His comment about us being unclassified for two years and getting a 5th year out of players:

“I think it’s bullcrap, myself,” Blakeney said. “Anything that gives one school an advantage in recruiting like that should not be there. We’ve lost some players to them because of that. But the main thing is the game.”

And you can't forget this one:

“It will be a rivalry in this state, and I expect (the stadium) will be full. They’ve done a great job of developing fans because they haven’t played anybody that they couldn’t beat for two years,” said Blakeney, with a hint of sarcasm. “That made everybody happy. I thought it that was brilliant.”

Quotes taken from The Daily News Journal
09-23-2012 08:40 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I didn't read anything in those two quotes that wasn't true.

(09-23-2012 08:40 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  Let's get this started... This summer Larry Blakeney made a couple of disparaging comments towards USA. I know USA fans, players, and coaches remember them...

His comment about us being unclassified for two years and getting a 5th year out of players:

“I think it’s bullcrap, myself,” Blakeney said. “Anything that gives one school an advantage in recruiting like that should not be there. We’ve lost some players to them because of that. But the main thing is the game.”

“It will be a rivalry in this state, and I expect (the stadium) will be full. They’ve done a great job of developing fans because they haven’t played anybody that they couldn’t beat for two years,” said Blakeney, with a hint of sarcasm. “That made everybody happy. I thought it that was brilliant.”

09-23-2012 08:56 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

(09-23-2012 08:56 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  I didn't read anything in those two quotes that wasn't true.

He's the last one that should take a shot at a school for a recruiting advantage when Troy has the APR exemption. Troy can afford to take a chance on a high-risk high-reward type player that most schools in the Sun Belt cannot.

I'm giving USA admin Kudos for figuring out that we can get a 5th year out of players. South did everything by the book that was allowed. If the NCAA felt it was unfair for players to have a 5th year they wouldn't allow it.
09-23-2012 09:06 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(09-23-2012 09:06 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  
(09-23-2012 08:56 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  I didn't read anything in those two quotes that wasn't true.

He's the last one that should take a shot at a school for a recruiting advantage when Troy has the APR exemption.

Do I really have to dig and find our numerous conversations on this subject time after time that dispel the effects of such exemption?? We've had this conversation many times. You and I more than once.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=578...pid8082230
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2012 09:16 PM by TroyFootball05.)
09-23-2012 09:09 PM
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Offline

(09-23-2012 09:09 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  

He's the last one that should take a shot at a school for a recruiting advantage when Troy has the APR exemption.

Do I really have to dig and find our numerous conversations on this subject time after time that dispel the effects of such exemption?? We've had this conversation many times. You and I more than once.

How is what I said untrue?

I think you have said in the past the APR exemption hasn't applied because Troy hasn't needed to use it since their APR is above 925. How does that change the fact that Troy CAN use if they need to by taking a chance on a high-risk player? Most other schools would pass on the player altogether. My whole point was to say he is the LAST person who can say something about any sort of advantage when Troy has that one. South did everything by the book when starting a program from scratch. Does he have a problem with it? He should tell the NCAA. Not the media.
09-23-2012 09:18 PM
Chrono124 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(09-23-2012 08:40 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  Let's get this started... This summer Larry Blakeney made a couple of disparaging comments towards USA. I know USA fans, players, and coaches remember them...

Well since we are in Troll mode for USA this week, I didn't see anything false in those comments. LB knows what he is talking about, but I do disagree with the rivalry thing. USA is just another game on the schedule, lets hurry up and smack these scrubs and be on our way to some real games this season. I am from Baldwin County and I honestly cannot stand USA, Ladd stadium sucks located right in that crap hole called mobile. How is that cruise ship dock going for you guys, oh wait.... Guess it is easy to talk shat when you play high school teams though. I am surprised you guys haven't played McGill, Foley, Theodore, Daphne, oh wait you may stand a chance to lose those games so you wouldn't want to lose that "Perfect Record" you guys had every year before joining big boy football. I think UAB and USA would make a better rivalry seeing as how they are both about on the same level, we could call it the Shat Bowl and we could try and guess the over under for attendance of 500 ppl or over. Ok I am done Trolling lets see what you guys got.... 05-stirthepot
09-23-2012 09:23 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

Here is an article from Press-Register's Tommy Hicks:

Fans Should Embrace Troy-South Alabama Rivalry
09-23-2012 09:25 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

(09-23-2012 09:18 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  
(09-23-2012 09:09 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  

How is what I said untrue?

I think you have said in the past the APR exemption hasn't applied because Troy hasn't needed to use it since their APR is above 925. How does that change the fact that Troy CAN use if they need to by taking a chance on a high-risk player? Most other schools would pass on the player altogether. My whole point was to say he is the LAST person who can say something about any sort of advantage when Troy has that one. South did everything by the book when starting a program from scratch. Does he have a problem with it? He should tell the NCAA. Not the media.

I agree about Blakeney's comments. He's a great football coach, but it did sound like he was whining about it.

I'm just tired of the APR myth that has been perpetuated for years. If it's so true, and so powerful, how come there's no information on it? No one in the five years its circulated has been able to drum up a single article concerning the matter. To me it sounds like a bunch of girls having a hen party making pretty little assumptions. No one knows what it really does. There's five versions of it, yet people credulously accept it as fact. If it's so true, tell me what it does with absolute clarity and find me a link to back up your claims.

Here's a respected poster on the matter:

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=437087&page=10
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2012 09:27 PM by TroyFootball05.)
09-23-2012 09:26 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

(09-23-2012 09:26 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  I agree about Blakeney's comments. He's a great football coach, but it did sound like he was whining about it.

I'm just tired of the APR myth that has been perpetuated for years. If it's so true, and so powerful, how come there's no information on it? No one in the five years its circulated has been able to drum up a single article concerning the matter. To me it sounds like a bunch of girls having a hen party making pretty little assumptions. No one knows what it really does. There's five versions of it, yet people credulously accept it as fact. If it's so true, tell me what it does with absolute clarity and find me a link to back up your claims.

LOL You ask me to provide a link to back up what the APR exemption is and you offer message board fodder as a link?

I don't even care about the exemption. I'm saying the two are akin. Could you imagine if Joey Jones came out speaking against the APR exemption that Troy has? They Troy fans would be livid and outraged more than Jag fans are over these comments. And by the way, Jag fans aren't even outraged, but it gives us something to not like about Blakeney because let's face it, there isn't much to dislike about the man! LOL
09-23-2012 09:41 PM
Advertisement

Dedsquirrl Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: USA Jaguars
We are making jambalaya, wings and sausage, pepper jelly and cream cheese dip, shoe peg corn salsa, and buffalo chicken queso for the tailgating.

I ain't going to lie.
We beat Troy and any other wins we manage are just gravy.

We got a shot.
The offense is showing signs of life and our D is legit.
I know our kids have had this date circled since the schedule came out and Coach Jones has made it clear he has placed a premium on SBC games this year.
If there was ever a time for passion and preparation to come together, it is now.

We tailgate at the SE corner of Ladd and any travelling Trojans are welcome to swing by.
09-23-2012 09:42 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

(09-23-2012 09:41 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  
(09-23-2012 09:26 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  I agree about Blakeney's comments. He's a great football coach, but it did sound like he was whining about it.

LOL You ask me to provide a link to back up what the APR exemption is and you offer message board fodder as a link?

I don't even care about the exemption. I'm saying the two are akin. Could you imagine if Joey Jones came out speaking against the APR exemption that Troy has? They Troy fans would be livid and outraged more than Jag fans are over these comments. And by the way, Jag fans aren't even outraged, but it gives us something to not like about Blakeney because let's face it, there isn't much to dislike about the man! LOL

Fair enough. 04-cheers
09-23-2012 09:57 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I'm not gonna act like a UNT fan and predict some blowout. What I WILL say is I expect to win, and anything less is a misserable failure. Just my expectations.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2012 10:12 PM by Burn the Horse.)
09-23-2012 10:09 PM
tyler90wm Offline
Blue Raider

I Root For: MT
Will this game be on TV or ESPN 3?
09-23-2012 10:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.