Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Week 3 Power Rankings
Bookmark and Share
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

I Root For: ULM
Week 3 Power Rankings
Ok, I'll start it off:

1. ULM - think we have a good shot at Baylor at home. Good team, great QB, good coach that the team believes in.

2. WKU - not sure how good they are, but not far behind ULM. They scare me.

3 a. - Troy - showed a lot of promise against a good Miss. State team.

3 b. - Cajuns - good first two games and fell apart this week.

3 c. - UNT - good showing against K-State

6. A-State - Not looking good. This spot just off potential.

7. FIU - disappointing so far.

8. MTSU - looking better

9. FAU - played better against Georgia than I thought.

10. USA - growing pains.

I think ULM and WKU are close and have the potential to be the best ever in the Belt and the first Belt Top 25 teams. Overall this conference is vastly improving and will only get better. ULM is mainly a Junior laden team and should be a Top 25 team next year if not this year. That said, the season is young and I worry about every conference game.
09-16-2012 02:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
RE: Week 3 Power Rankings
(09-16-2012 02:47 PM)Arrowhead Wrote:  Ok, I'll start it off:

1. ULM - think we have a good shot at Baylor at home. Good team, great QB, good coach that the team believes in.

8. MTSU - looking better

10. USA - growing pains.

I think ULM and WKU are close and have the potential to be the best ever in the Belt and the first Belt Top 25 teams. Overall this conference is vastly improving and will only get better. ULM is mainly a Junior laden team and should be a Top 25 team next year if not this year. That said, the season is young and I worry about every conference game.

1. ULM - Playing great ball against SEC teams.
2. WKU - Showing promise with this weeks win over Kentucky.
3. North Texas. Played 2 Top 25 teams tough, not backing down.
4. Troy - Close but no cigar with Miss. State. Too many mistakes.
5. ULL - Defense may be suspect.
6. Arkansas State - Stock is dropping with each week.
7. FIU - Big disappointment thus far.
8. Middle Tennessee - Came back from the dead vs Memphis
9. FAU - Gonna be a long season.
10. USA - New kid on the block getting picked on.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012 03:04 PM by MG61.)
09-16-2012 02:59 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
1. ULM - Two SEC teams and impressive performances against each. 1-1 is very good considering.
2. WKU - Kentucky win is big.
3. Louisiana - Underrated this year.
4. North Texas - Played K-State well.
5. Troy - Okay start to the year but not great.
6. Arkansas State - Hasn't impressed thus far.
7. Middle Tennessee - Big win over Memphis is sign of good things to come?
8. FIU - Not very good this year.
9. FAU - The worst? Not the worst.
10. USA - First year FBS. Expected.
09-16-2012 03:10 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
1 ULM -
2 WKU

3 Cajuns
4 Troy

5 stAte
6 NT
7 FIU
8 MT

9 FAU
10 USA
09-16-2012 03:42 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
1. WKU (Impressive results so far, and kept Bama fairly close)
2. ULM (Ranked 2 because I believe WKU's Bama game was more impressive then the Auburn game)
3. ULL (Got demolished by OSU, but Its one game)
4. UNT (Ranked ahead of Troy because of qualify of opponents)
5. Troy (still 1-2...with both losses at home)
6. MTSU (More impressive win over Memphis)
7. ASU (Defense stinks, real test will be WKU in 2 weeks...could jump quick with a win in that game)
8. FIU (Battling ASU for title of "Least impressive start to season")
9. FAU (YAY for Wagner)
10. USA (YAY for Nichols State)
09-16-2012 04:14 PM
slappycajun Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UL

8. MTSU - looking better

10. USA - growing pains.

I think your rankings are pretty good, except I don't understand how some of you have Troy ranked higher than the Cajuns. The Cajuns went to Troy and easily handled the Trojans.

I understand we lost to Oklahoma State by a lot and got dominated. But, Oklahoma State puts up gawdy numbers against a lot of teams.

Also, I don't think we crack the top 25 this year. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how many more games Arkansas or Kentucky will be able to win, so as the season goes on the pollsters will not value those wins by the Toppers are Warhawks. One of those teams would have to go through the conference undefeated to get ranked IMO.
09-16-2012 05:03 PM
Advertisement

zeebart21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(09-16-2012 05:03 PM)slappycajun Wrote:  

8. MTSU - looking better

10. USA - growing pains.

I think your rankings are pretty good, except I don't understand how some of you have Troy ranked higher than the Cajuns. The Cajuns went to Troy and easily handled the Trojans.

I understand we lost to Oklahoma State by a lot and got dominated. But, Oklahoma State puts up gawdy numbers against a lot of teams.

Also, I don't think we crack the top 25 this year. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how many more games Arkansas or Kentucky will be able to win, so as the season goes on the pollsters will not value those wins by the Toppers are Warhawks. One of those teams would have to go through the conference undefeated to get ranked IMO.

Exactly, Slappy. At this moment WKU and ULM are certainly 1 & 2.. I still think A stAte and UL are coming in at 3rd and 4th no particular order. Troy is in at 5...the rest is a crap shoot. Conference is so much better than last year, its ridiculous.

Z
09-16-2012 05:13 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!

8. MTSU - looking better

10. USA - growing pains.

[Image: barney.gif]
09-16-2012 05:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

all kidding aside from above....i have no illusions that uk will do anything the rest of the year but.....

it was still the biggest win in our history.

at least in this state. the usm game offers a great opportunity but to the casual water cooler football talker it means more.

you have to remember we're only the 3rd fbs school in the commonwealth. gives us more 'separation' from the ekus and murrays.

the louieville fans hate uk so we're their newest best buds and after what fiu did to them last year they can't really talk sunbelt smack.

lots o' ballgames left.

right now kawaun jakes is doing pretty damn well. and antonio andrews did his best bobby rainey imitation shouldering 34 carries yesterday. still found time to toss the 2 point conversion to jakes.
09-16-2012 05:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(09-16-2012 05:33 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  all kidding aside from above....i have no illusions that uk will do anything the rest of the year but.....

at least in this state. the usm game offers a great opportunity but to the casual water cooler football talker it means more.

you have to remember we're only the 3rd fbs school in the commonwealth. gives us more 'separation' from the ekus and murrays.

the louieville fans hate uk so we're their newest best buds and after what fiu did to them last year they can't really talk sunbelt smack.

lots o' ballgames left.

right now kawaun jakes is doing pretty damn well. and antonio andrews did his best bobby rainey imitation shouldering 34 carries yesterday. still found time to toss the 2 point conversion to jakes.

My brother, you and the ULM folks can put it in all of our faces, cause as of right now y'all have wins over SEC teams. Screw the rest of us. The fact that this conference is consistently putting it in CUSA's face brings great joy to mois'!! Now its fixing to get nasty with conference starting and we will let it start to shake out... Right now you and ULM are the big dawgs..Wanna throw props in there to MT as well...Nice beat down of another CUSA dink..

Z
09-16-2012 06:03 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(09-16-2012 06:03 PM)zeebart21 Wrote:  
(09-16-2012 05:33 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  all kidding aside from above....i have no illusions that uk will do anything the rest of the year but.....

lots o' ballgames left.

My brother, you and the ULM folks can put it in all of our faces, cause as of right now y'all have wins over SEC teams. Screw the rest of us. The fact that this conference is consistently putting it in CUSA's face brings great joy to mois'!! Now its fixing to get nasty with conference starting and we will let it start to shake out... Right now you and ULM are the big dawgs..Wanna throw props in there to MT as well...Nice beat down of another CUSA dink..

Z

i believe we have a shot against usm. i believed that in the preseason when everyone on this board predicted a loss against mighty usm.

i base(d) it on the regime change and loss of some key players.

that said...i don't predict a win, just a decent shot. when we were in the middle of our losing streak and a laughingstock there were several losses we SNATCHED from the jaws of victory.

our players just knew something bad would happen and we'd lose. this same bunch believes the complete opposite now.

i couldn't have been happier for anyone than jakes. he's completing 71% of his passes at an 8.34 ypa clip. 5 tds and 3 ints. the one last night was not on him. it was on the receiver. kawaun put it between the numbers on his chest. he whiffed and it bounced up. you shoulda seen his smile when the team gathered in our corner to sing the wku fight song after the game.

i have no faith in bowling green fans to fill the place but usm is a known name so coupled with the uk win we should be able to hype this game up.
09-16-2012 06:35 PM
Advertisement

TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
Who thought ULM would be #1 on anyone's power rankings at this point in the season? This is cool.
09-16-2012 06:47 PM
MeanGreenFan123 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
(09-16-2012 05:13 PM)zeebart21 Wrote:  

8. MTSU - looking better

10. USA - growing pains.

Exactly, Slappy. At this moment WKU and ULM are certainly 1 & 2.. I still think A stAte and UL are coming in at 3rd and 4th no particular order. Troy is in at 5...the rest is a crap shoot. Conference is so much better than last year, its ridiculous.

Z

We are a crap shoot? Considering who and how we have played, I'd give us a little credit and I think we have as good a chance as any of these teams to win the Belt this year.
09-16-2012 06:58 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(09-16-2012 06:58 PM)MeanGreenFan123 Wrote:  

8. MTSU - looking better

10. USA - growing pains.

Z

We are a crap shoot? Considering who and how we have played, I'd give us a little credit and I think we have as good a chance as any of these teams to win the Belt this year.

When you start taking solace in moral victories, you are reaching. This could all change next week.. but right now you are 1-2. Good Luck next week.

Z
09-16-2012 07:05 PM
MeanGreenFan123 Offline
Special Teams

(09-16-2012 07:05 PM)zeebart21 Wrote:  

8. MTSU - looking better

10. USA - growing pains.

Z

When you start taking solace in moral victories, you are reaching. This could all change next week.. but right now you are 1-2. Good Luck next week.

Z

I'm not reaching. Competition and how you play against that competition matters. If that wasn't the case, you should place ULL ahead of ULM since they lost to Auburn and are 1-1, whereas you guys are 2-1 and have a conference win. Good luck to you as well.
09-16-2012 07:50 PM
sham84 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
1. ULM - Came from behind twice to force overtime vs SEC teams. Weren't outmatched or outclassed by either team. They look like the real deal this year, QB play is outstanding.
2. WKU - Took down in state rival and SEC member. 2-1 with only loss to Alabama.
3. Louisiana - Very very bad loss,only reason I have us at three is because we beat Troy and are still 2-1.
4. North Texas - Looking better than I thought this year, showed up vs LSU and Kansas State
5. FIU - Still think they are better than they playing right now, tough loss to UCF though
6. Troy - stop turning the ball over
7. stAte - Tough to judge based on opponents, they do have Aplin though
8. MTSU - Blowout win this week, but it was Memphis
9. FAU - Pretty good showing against Georgia in the first half, got ugly second half
10. USA - expected in first year of play in FBS.
09-16-2012 08:05 PM
Advertisement

MG61 Offline
Heisman

8. MTSU - looking better

10. USA - growing pains.

Z

Z

No solance in moral victories, just looking at the caliber of our competition. Yep we are 1-2 but certainly didn't give up 44 points in the first half like a certain Louisiana team. We lost to 2 rated teams (#2 & #13), but you guys got destroyed by the only rated team you've faced.05-mafia
09-16-2012 08:15 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

1-2
(09-16-2012 08:15 PM)MG61 Wrote:  
(09-16-2012 05:03 PM)slappycajun Wrote:  I think your rankings are pretty good, except I don't understand how some of you have Troy ranked higher than the Cajuns. The Cajuns went to Troy and easily handled the Trojans.

Z

Z

No solance in moral victories, just looking at the caliber of our competition. Yep we are 1-2 but certainly didn't give up 44 points in the first half like a certain Louisiana team. We lost to 2 rated teams (#2 & #13), but you guys got destroyed by the only rated team you've faced.05-mafia

1-2 hoss. Deal with that. next week it may all be different. Right now you are 1-2.
09-16-2012 11:01 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

(09-16-2012 11:01 PM)zeebart21 Wrote:  1-2
(09-16-2012 08:15 PM)MG61 Wrote:  
(09-16-2012 05:13 PM)zeebart21 Wrote:  Exactly, Slappy. At this moment WKU and ULM are certainly 1 & 2.. I still think A stAte and UL are coming in at 3rd and 4th no particular order. Troy is in at 5...the rest is a crap shoot. Conference is so much better than last year, its ridiculous.

Z

Z

1-2 hoss. Deal with that. next week it may all be different. Right now you are 1-2.

If I were you I'd be more concerned about giving up 44 first half points than our play against two top 25 teams. Cheers 03-drunk
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012 11:18 PM by MG61.)
09-16-2012 11:16 PM
joshdude182 Offline
Special Teams

Poor Z...overcompensating for that horrific, embarrassing loss to OK State. He tries to sound so tough. Truth is, ULL is very overrated. They enjoyed their one year in the spotlight, but we're gonna show them this year who the best teams in the belt are. Can't wait for ULM to blow out ULL.
09-16-2012 11:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.