Open TigerLinks

tiger lane damaged
Bookmark and Share
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
tiger lane damaged
Friday night tailgaters reporrt spray paint broken glass, chicken bones and grease spilled on asphalt
09-14-2012 07:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

memphis mania Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: tiger lane damaged
oh boy this will be interesting
09-14-2012 07:31 PM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
Pics showing up on twitter
09-14-2012 07:36 PM
MM4Memphis Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
SMH@SHC
09-14-2012 07:38 PM
cbhstiger Offline
Phantom Mercenary

I Root For: Brewpubs
Can you post or link the pics please ?
09-14-2012 07:41 PM
ThETrUeTH Offline
Water Engineer

Anyone surprised, really???
09-14-2012 07:54 PM
Advertisement

Tigers412 Offline
Special Teams

This is why we can't have nice things!!
09-14-2012 08:12 PM
TigerDieHard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(09-14-2012 07:48 PM)ElvisRules Wrote:  Well, this is why the UM needs to be the owner of the LBS. Crap like this wouldn't happen. The city should now cancel the SHC altogether. teach them a lesson. But somehow I doubt that will ever happen. Especially in Memphis where race is an everyday issue. SMH.

I think it shows a lack of education on the part of Memphians and Tiger fans to complain about the SHC considering this issue is not specific to the SHC.

With all due respect I don't think if the U of M owned the Liberty Bowl they could prevent a messy cleanup after a packed football game. If you ever attended a tailgate with over thousands of fans you will understand the amount of trash, debris, and damage that may occur following a massive tailgate. .

I think when you bring up race and the SHC you know where you're going with that so why be the first fan to bring it up. I think you have made your feelings clear regarding the SHC, but I'm not so sure it has to do with preserving the quality of Tiger Lane.

Here's a link to what other Universities most notably Georgia & Auburn deal with following post-game tailgates.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/sports/scot...-pay-price

http://smmercury.com/2012/09/10/tailgati...nalysis-2/

http://blogs.ajc.com/junkyard-blawg/2012...-and-more/

Based on your reasoning these Universities should cancel their games as well. Now that's a reason for me to SMH.
09-14-2012 08:23 PM
SigEpMike Offline
Devil's Advocate

CrappiesMemphis Hall of FameMemphis Hall of Fame
(09-14-2012 08:23 PM)TigerDieHard Wrote:  
(09-14-2012 07:48 PM)ElvisRules Wrote:  Well, this is why the UM needs to be the owner of the LBS. Crap like this wouldn't happen. The city should now cancel the SHC altogether. teach them a lesson. But somehow I doubt that will ever happen. Especially in Memphis where race is an everyday issue. SMH.

I think it shows a lack of education on the part of Memphians and Tiger fans to complain about the SHC considering this issue is not specific to the SHC.

With all due respect I don't think if the U of M owned the Liberty Bowl they could prevent a messy cleanup after a packed football game. If you ever attended a tailgate with over thousands of fans you will understand the amount of trash, debris, and damage that may occur following a massive tailgate. .

I think when you bring up race and the SHC you know where you're going with that so why be the first fan to bring it up. I think you have made your feelings clear regarding the SHC, but I'm not so sure it has to do with preserving the quality of Tiger Lane.

Here's a link to what other Universities most notably Georgia & Auburn deal with following post-game tailgates.

Based on your reasoning these Universities should cancel their games as well. Now that's a reason for me to SMH.

Spray painting asphalt is not normal for any tailgate. Defending that crap is ridiculous.
09-14-2012 08:48 PM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators

No one had even mentioned race in this thread.
09-14-2012 08:49 PM
TOGC Offline
Resident genius

(09-14-2012 08:49 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  No one had even mentioned race in this thread.

Actually, they did.

(09-14-2012 07:48 PM)ElvisRules Wrote:  Especially in Memphis where race is an everyday issue. SMH.
09-14-2012 08:58 PM
Advertisement

U of M/ND fan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers & Irish

So we should use the muts at G and AU as an example............of what is acceptable..........and on how to act........ Go figure.......
Now who the heck are the Bobcats?
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2012 09:02 PM by U of M/ND fan.)
09-14-2012 09:01 PM
U of M/ND fan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers & Irish
(09-14-2012 08:58 PM)TOGC Wrote:  
(09-14-2012 08:49 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  No one had even mentioned race in this thread.

Actually, they did.

(09-14-2012 07:48 PM)ElvisRules Wrote:  Especially in Memphis where race is an everyday issue. SMH.

But it is in timeout so it doesn't count...........
09-14-2012 09:04 PM
dmagic786 Offline
2nd String

Tiger Lane looked fine to me tonight being that I watched my niece perform for WSHS band. The SHC is one of two times a year the Liberty Bowl sells out, and the U of M never plays in either game. Until the U of M can sell out a stadium or build it's own don't complain about the SHC.
09-14-2012 09:10 PM
BK#14 Offline
All American

I Root For:
(09-14-2012 08:58 PM)TOGC Wrote:  

Actually, they did.

Someone said Chicago????
09-14-2012 09:11 PM
Tigerdave1985 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(09-14-2012 07:28 PM)tigerjeb Wrote:  Friday night tailgaters reporrt spray paint broken glass, chicken bones and grease spilled on asphalt

Since you are a seasoned tiger tailgater, are you telling us the area is totally spotless after tiger games?
Tiger lane damaged? Really? chicken bones and grease?
Not defending just asking thats all.
09-14-2012 09:13 PM
Advertisement

cbhstiger Offline
Phantom Mercenary

I Root For: Brewpubs
(09-14-2012 09:10 PM)dmagic786 Wrote:  Tiger Lane looked fine to me tonight being that I watched my niece perform for WSHS band. The SHC is one of two times a year the Liberty Bowl sells out, and the U of M never plays in either game. Until the U of M can sell out a stadium or build it's own don't complain about the SHC.

So we shouldn't complain about our (UofM) tailgating area being trashed, just because they bring a big crowd? Nobody is complaining about traffic, it's actual vandalism that pisses most people off.
09-14-2012 09:15 PM
georgiatiger Offline
Axel

I Root For: Everyone
Donators
It does seem to happen after every SHC game. I read about this and see pics every year. Not sure what happens for Liberty Bowls, but it seems guests have no respect for the grounds. Maybe more security (paid by the tenants) or a $100k security deposit will help.
09-14-2012 09:15 PM
dmagic786 Offline
2nd String

(09-14-2012 09:15 PM)cbhstiger Wrote:  
(09-14-2012 09:10 PM)dmagic786 Wrote:  Tiger Lane looked fine to me tonight being that I watched my niece perform for WSHS band. The SHC is one of two times a year the Liberty Bowl sells out, and the U of M never plays in either game. Until the U of M can sell out a stadium or build it's own don't complain about the SHC.

So we shouldn't complain about our (UofM) tailgating area being trashed, just because they bring a big crowd? Nobody is complaining about traffic, it's actual vandalism that pisses most people off.

You all are going off someone who probably wanted to start some Sh** on the board. I was just over on Tiger Lane unless I'm blind he is lying.
09-14-2012 09:16 PM
Tigerdave1985 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(09-14-2012 09:15 PM)cbhstiger Wrote:  

Some here (i won't call any names) act like they personally invested their own money in building tiger lane.
09-14-2012 09:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.