Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Welcome Aboard Texas State & Georgia State.
Bookmark and Share
Bigtom9221 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Welcome Aboard Texas State & Georgia State.
We need to be excited about our new members. These schools are great additions to the Sunbelt Conference. Lets take each one individually.

Texas State

San Marcos Campus

Completed in 1903, the red-roofed, castle-like landmark called Old Main was Texas State's first building.

As the university's student population has grown — from 303 in 1903 to 34,087 in 2011 — our San Marcos campus, too, has expanded. Today it consists of a 457-acre main campus and 5,038 additional acres in recreational, instructional, farm and ranch land.

The Texas State campus is as diverse as the students who live and learn here. Our hilly campus is home to 225 buildings.

Georgia State

Founded: 1913
Libraries: University and Law combined holdings (volumes and micro text): 3,444,343
Degrees: 100 fields of study with 250 degree programs offered through eight colleges
Enrollment: Approximately 32,000 undergraduate and graduate students as of Fall ’11.
Accreditation: SACS-COC through 2018
Graduation: Total degrees conferred – 192,785; degrees conferred in FY11 – 6,737
Economic impact: More than $1.4 billion annually

Both of these school are top notch schools. both schools have an enrollment over 30k. I am excited to have these schools in the Sunbelt Conference.

We can have a pity party about how we never got chosen by CUSA or we can stand up and fight. I would love to hear people's suggestions on what we need to do to pass CUSA up.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 05:19 PM by Bigtom9221.)
05-05-2012 05:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tux Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Texas State
RE: Welcome Aboard Texas State & Georgia State.
Thanks for posting the info on Georgia State. Glad to have them in the SBC!
05-05-2012 05:24 PM
trojanbrutha Offline
Beltbbs Troy Football INsider

I Root For: TROY
(05-05-2012 05:05 PM)Bigtom9221 Wrote:  We need to be excited about our new members. These schools are great additions to the Sunbelt Conference. Lets take each one individually.

Texas State

San Marcos Campus

Completed in 1903, the red-roofed, castle-like landmark called Old Main was Texas State's first building.

As the university's student population has grown — from 303 in 1903 to 34,087 in 2011 — our San Marcos campus, too, has expanded. Today it consists of a 457-acre main campus and 5,038 additional acres in recreational, instructional, farm and ranch land.

The Texas State campus is as diverse as the students who live and learn here. Our hilly campus is home to 225 buildings.

Georgia State

Libraries: University and Law combined holdings (volumes and micro text): 3,444,343
Degrees: 100 fields of study with 250 degree programs offered through eight colleges
Enrollment: Approximately 32,000 undergraduate and graduate students as of Fall ’11.
Graduation: Total degrees conferred – 192,785; degrees conferred in FY11 – 6,737

Both of these school are top notch schools. both schools have an enrollment over 30k. I am excited to have these schools in the Sunbelt Conference.

We can have a pity party about how we never got chosen by CUSA or we can stand up and fight. I would love to hear people's suggestions on what we need to do to pass CUSA up.

My suggestion would be to beat every last one of them that is placed on our collective schedules 03-2thumbsup
05-05-2012 05:31 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
(05-05-2012 05:31 PM)trojanbrutha Wrote:  
(05-05-2012 05:05 PM)Bigtom9221 Wrote:  We need to be excited about our new members. These schools are great additions to the Sunbelt Conference. Lets take each one individually.

Texas State

San Marcos Campus

Georgia State

My suggestion would be to beat every last one of them that is placed on our collective schedules 03-2thumbsup

Good idea! We got a jump start in the NIT... beat Marshall at home by 8 to knock 'em out...
05-05-2012 05:41 PM
chiefsfan Online
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Even though Memphis technically isnt CUSA after 2012, we'll do our duty and beat them anyway...no matter how much we dont like having to beat up the elderly like that.
05-05-2012 06:54 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
Agree. I like Georgia State, and although Texas State wouldn't have been my first choice based on geography I can see that they are nice addition.

Welcome to the Sun Belt. May your nonconference wins be many and your conference wins be few... 04-cheers
05-05-2012 06:58 PM
Advertisement

TXSTCAT Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Bobcats
You guys will discover that TXST is an upgrade to UNT. We will bring better football and after next season I expect us to do a national search to find a new Basketball coach. We have a solid HC in Franchione. He is using the same process he used at TCU to build our program. Our OC was the same OC tht was at TCU from 2001 till 2008. Our DC is a disciple of coach Pattersons defense and worked at Rice prior to rejoining TXST. We will make the SBC proud.
05-05-2012 07:20 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT

Texas State

San Marcos Campus

Georgia State

Bigtom - Thanks for the welcome, we're glad to be part of the Sun Belt Conference. A conference that I believe is poised to overtake C-USA. I think their losses were far worse than the Belts, and their additions don't begin to cover what they've lost. I think the Belt can continue to gain ground with the addition of Appy St. & Ga. So. Then beat their brains out (C-USA) every opportunity we're provided. This past year was a transition for us, this coming season will be our one & only in the WAC. We will no doubt take our lumps, hopefully by 2013, we arrive ready to do our part. Back'n the Cats & The SBC
05-05-2012 07:30 PM
Panthersville Offline
1st String

I Root For: Georgia State
(05-05-2012 05:05 PM)Bigtom9221 Wrote:  Georgia State

My father, siblings, and I account for 7 of those.

I agree that I like Texas State's potential over North Texas.
05-05-2012 07:31 PM
WKUSledgeHammer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Western KY
Welcome to GSU and TSU. Glad to have you aboard! I think there's real potential. Now I'm wondering if we should be nailing down Appy State and Ga. Southern. I've warmed up to them recently.

SBC--focus strong on football, but get your head out of your ass on basketball! This would go a long way in placating WKU fans.
05-05-2012 07:39 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
(05-05-2012 07:20 PM)TXSTCAT Wrote:  You guys will discover that TXST is an upgrade to UNT. We will bring better football

It is very premature to say that. Very premature indeed.
05-05-2012 07:39 PM
Advertisement

OsageJ Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(05-05-2012 07:39 PM)WKUSledgeHammer Wrote:  Welcome to GSU and TSU. Glad to have you aboard! I think there's real potential. Now I'm wondering if we should be nailing down Appy State and Ga. Southern. I've warmed up to them recently.

SBC--focus strong on football, but get your head out of your ass on basketball! This would go a long way in placating WKU fans.

If that is the case you need NMSU...hang the distance.
05-05-2012 07:40 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(05-05-2012 07:39 PM)WKUSledgeHammer Wrote:  SBC--focus strong on football, but get your head out of your ass on basketball! This would go a long way in placating WKU fans.

Our APR issues are improved so maybe we can make a push.
05-05-2012 07:41 PM
Panthersville Offline
1st String

I Root For: Georgia State
(05-05-2012 07:39 PM)WKUSledgeHammer Wrote:  Welcome to GSU and TSU. Glad to have you aboard! I think there's real potential. Now I'm wondering if we should be nailing down Appy State and Ga. Southern. I've warmed up to them recently.

We beat VCU each of the last two years....we will hold our own.
05-05-2012 07:46 PM
troy4ever21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Troy & SBC
Welcome Georgia State and Texas State! You guys will be great additions to the Belt and we're glad to have you!

GO SBC!!!!!!! 04-cheers
05-05-2012 07:56 PM
LFTCajun Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Ragin' Cajuns
(05-05-2012 05:05 PM)Bigtom9221 Wrote:  I would love to hear people's suggestions on what we need to do to pass CUSA up.

The Cajuns will go medieval on Tulane come October 6th in Lafayette. That will be our little contribution to the cause.
05-05-2012 08:37 PM
Advertisement

LFTCajun Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Ragin' Cajuns
Also looking forward to having the TXST top fifty RPI softball program (currently #43) and the GSU top one hundred (#70).

And if we take GaSo, that brings in the current #52 team.

04-cheers

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/softball/d1
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 09:12 PM by LFTCajun.)
05-05-2012 09:11 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
(05-05-2012 07:39 PM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  
(05-05-2012 07:20 PM)TXSTCAT Wrote:  You guys will discover that TXST is an upgrade to UNT. We will bring better football

It is very premature to say that. Very premature indeed.

Of course it is. But would you want a school that says "yeah, no way will we get close to the level, but we're gonna try!"?

Every school thinks they are the next big thing, at least they should.
05-05-2012 10:30 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
(05-05-2012 07:20 PM)TXSTCAT Wrote:  You guys will discover that TXST is an upgrade to UNT. We will bring better football and after next season I expect us to do a national search to find a new Basketball coach. We have a solid HC in Franchione. He is using the same process he used at TCU to build our program. Our OC was the same OC tht was at TCU from 2001 till 2008. Our DC is a disciple of coach Pattersons defense and worked at Rice prior to rejoining TXST. We will make the SBC proud.

Thanks I needed a good laugh. Tell them your head-to-head record vs UNT. The great things your coach is going to do just talk until he actually does it. Plus I hope your "national search" is fruitful as Bobcat basketball is absolutely horrible. You need to quit rattling your saber & pounding your chest and just come into the conference and try to make a contribution. Transition from FCS to FBS won't be as easy as you think.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 10:54 PM by MG61.)
05-05-2012 10:47 PM
TXSTCAT Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Bobcats
(05-05-2012 10:47 PM)MG61 Wrote:  
(05-05-2012 07:20 PM)TXSTCAT Wrote:  You guys will discover that TXST is an upgrade to UNT. We will bring better football and after next season I expect us to do a national search to find a new Basketball coach. We have a solid HC in Franchione. He is using the same process he used at TCU to build our program. Our OC was the same OC tht was at TCU from 2001 till 2008. Our DC is a disciple of coach Pattersons defense and worked at Rice prior to rejoining TXST. We will make the SBC proud.

Thanks I needed a good laugh. Tell them your head-to-head record vs UNT. The great things your coach is going to do just talk until he actually does it. Plus I hope your "national search" is fruitful as Bobcat basketball is absolutely horrible. You need to quit rattling your saber & pounding your chest and just come into the conference and try to make a contribution. Transition from FCS to FBS won't be as easy as you think.

Yea I would expect humble pie from UNT. You guys know better than anyone else how difficult it is to win in FBS. Don't worry about us. You guys are going to have your hands full in CUSA. When you're bringing up the rear you can always say well we have our market. Too bad teams don't win by their market size.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2012 12:27 AM by TXSTCAT.)
05-06-2012 12:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.