Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Carson Palmer’s house going up for sale
Bookmark and Share
icehole3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011...-for-sale/

According to a report from WCPO’s Dennis Janson, Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer is preparing to put his house up for sale. A couple weeks ago, Palmer made news by demanding a trade from the Bengals. Not long afterwards, Bengals owner Mike Brown stated he had no intention of trading the quarterback. Here is a quote from the WCPO report.

“He’s not coming back”, according to a real estate agent who talked Wednesday morning with the disenchanted Bengals quarterback.

02-09-2011 12:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
RE: Carson Palmer’s house going up for sale
Good for him, tell Mikey to go to hell. The more players who stand up to his stupidity the better.

02-09-2011 12:33 PM
OneUChoopsfan Away
I'm Black & White

I Root For: U. C. I LOVE

Donators
Somebody call Mr. Pike.

02-09-2011 12:37 PM
@ES Trader Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
Where's Jordan going to live now? Assuming Mike Brown doesnt can him too.

02-09-2011 12:54 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(02-09-2011 12:33 PM)Coopdaddy67 Wrote:  Good for him, tell Mikey to go to hell. The more players who stand up to his stupidity the better.

Problem is, it won't do a damn bit of good. Mikey will just draft another QB, like he always does.

02-09-2011 01:03 PM
FlightWhite15 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(02-09-2011 12:37 PM)OneUChoopsfan Wrote:  Somebody call Mr. Pike.

03-lmfao God no.

02-09-2011 02:13 PM
Advertisement

icehole3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
$2.025 million. 13 rooms, 5 bedrooms, 5.5 baths.

02-09-2011 02:16 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(02-09-2011 01:03 PM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  
(02-09-2011 12:33 PM)Coopdaddy67 Wrote:  Good for him, tell Mikey to go to hell. The more players who stand up to his stupidity the better.

Problem is, it won't do a damn bit of good. Mikey will just draft another QB, like he always does.

Daddy always said to be firm with the help.

This won't raise the pulse of anyone in that family one beat. Carson either retires or he will be in camp at Georgetown. Binary solution.

02-09-2011 02:49 PM
cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(02-09-2011 02:49 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(02-09-2011 01:03 PM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  

Daddy always said to be firm with the help.

This won't raise the pulse of anyone in that family one beat. Carson either retires or he will be in camp at Georgetown. Binary solution.

Esp. Mike Brown. Dude hasn't had a pulse in years.

02-09-2011 02:57 PM
ucbrownsfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UC
Could he just unretire in a year, and be a free agent? Wouldn't this just essentially be Carson taking a year off?

02-09-2011 03:11 PM
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

no, he'd be the Bengals' property.

02-09-2011 03:16 PM
Advertisement

UCBEast Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UC. Forever
(02-09-2011 03:11 PM)ucbrownsfan Wrote:  Could he just unretire in a year, and be a free agent? Wouldn't this just essentially be Carson taking a year off?

Year off = Rusty QB?

02-09-2011 03:16 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators

[Image: palmer1.jpg]

It looks as if the change in offensive coordinators still has not lessened Carson Palmer’s resolve to leave the Bengals.

A representative at Comey & Shepherd confirmed on Wednesday that Palmer’s five-bedroom house on five acres in Indian Hill is being prepared to be put on the market, with the listing going up early next month.

Reports have indicated that Palmer would retire if he isn’t traded, but Palmer has not done an interview since after the Bengals 13-7 loss to Baltimore on Jan. 2. He would be entering his ninth season after being the top overall pick by the Bengals in 2003.

A real estate agent who spoke with Palmer told WCPO: “He’s not coming back”. http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/sports/football/...p-for-sale

The last statement out of the Palmer camp came through his agent, David Dunn, on Jan. 24 at the Senior Bowl where Palmer indicated though Dunn that “Because of the lack of success that Carson and the Bengals have experienced together, Carson strongly feels that a separation between him and the Bengals would be in the best interest of both parties.”

Earlier that day, team president Mike Brown reiterated his stance that Palmer would not be traded. The Bengals finished 4-12 this past season and Palmer tied a career high with 20 interceptions, five of which were returned for touchdowns. He also set a team record for pass attempts with 586.

Jay Gruden, the Bengals new offensive coordinator, said on Monday that he had not planned to speak with Palmer until everything was ironed out and letting Brown and coach Marvin Lewis handle that.

When asked though if he planned on Palmer being his starting quarterback in 2011, Gruden said: “Until I hear something different we’re going to go forward with him as our quarterback. That’s the only approach I can take right now. Whether it’s right or wrong I do not know but that’s the way I’m going about things.”

Palmer has four years and $50 million remaining on his contract. Even if the Bengals wanted to hear from other teams what they might offer for Palmer, nothing can happen until a new collective bargaining agreement is reached.

Among those who might be in the market for Palmer are Arizona and San Francisco.

The Bengals could also release Palmer without sustaining a cap hit, since the remaining money is base salary, but that remains highly unlikely. With the uncertainty at quarterback, they could look to that position with the fourth overall pick in the April 28-30 draft.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011...-for-sale/

02-09-2011 07:14 PM
Intimidate Dominate Celebrate Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(02-09-2011 07:14 PM)ctipton Wrote:  Carson Palmer’s house going up for sale

Jay Gruden, the Bengals new offensive coordinator, said on Monday that he had not planned to speak with Palmer until everything was ironed out and letting Brown and coach Marvin Lewis handle that.

wouldn't the quarterback be the first person a new o coordinator would want to talk to, especially a disgruntled one?03-banghead

02-09-2011 07:25 PM
cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(02-09-2011 07:25 PM)Intimidate Dominate Celebrate Wrote:  
(02-09-2011 07:14 PM)ctipton Wrote:  Carson Palmer’s house going up for sale

wouldn't the quarterback be the first person a new o coordinator would want to talk to, especially a disgruntled one?03-banghead

Maybe Jay did and he didn't change Carson's mind. And, frankly, who could blame him...

02-09-2011 07:30 PM
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

No, because Palmer's made it clear that it has nothing to do with the offensive system. It has to do with being an employee for a losing organization that only cares about making money. Mike Brown sucks.

02-09-2011 08:32 PM
Advertisement

BearChatter v2.0 Offline
Rounding Third and headed...
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Da Bearcats!
Pretty good discussion on WLW sportstalk tonight about this.

Mike Brown thinks he has to stand up to these trade demands. I think he gets more up for fighting these kinds of battles than for anything else football related. He tries to be a tough guy and all he does is reinforce how bad this organization is. Why force a guy to be here that doesn't want to be? And what does this do to his teammates? Do they welcome him back with open arms? Carson is basically saying this organization is a mess and the team can't win, which includes the players. The players are probably looking back at him and all the INT's he threw and saying he's as much of the problem as they are.

It reminds me of when Washington supposedly offered a #1 and #3 pick for Chad Johnson and Mike kept him. Or New Orleans offered all those picks for the Bengals top of the round pick and they turned it down. Mike Brown is a complete idiot. His bullheadedness continues to hamper this team.

And what does it do to ticket sales with a lame duck QB situation? Wouldn't it give fans a little more hope if they traded CP for a pick or multiple picks and atleast got something for him? And maybe signed a journeyman QB to get by for a year and draft another one to develop? Lance said that CP was rated 19th out of all the starting QB's last year. 19th!!!! He is not an All Pro QB. He is not an elite QB. This team is going nowhere with him. The fact that he wants traded shows his quitter mentality. And the fans are in a lame duck situation too, not knowing what direction this team is headed. It has to be wonderful for season ticket sales.......(sarcasm).

Move on without him. Trade him. There are plenty of teams out there with poor QB situations.

This whole situation is going to drag on through spring workouts, the draft, and then preseason training camp and be a black cloud hanging over the whole team and organization. They need to make a decision soon on this. The longer it goes on, the worse it will get.

But Mike Brown is a moron. He will hold his ground and in the end, GAIN NOTHING.

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2011 08:34 PM by BearChatter v2.0.)
02-09-2011 08:33 PM
beck Offline
All American

I Root For:
Some of ya'll just keep saying Mike Brown will do this or won't do that, he's an idiot (which he is not) and this is what he's going to do. People were screaming about his press conference and I asked that we give him some time and now we have a new coordinator (for better or worse).

I feel the same about this. Wait and see. If Carson walks, good riddance, thanks but we can fix that in time. Be patient and see what happens.

Please don't think I am in Mikey's camp as I think he should retire and get a decent GM in here, but at least give him the opportunity. you can always tear him apart later.

Like all of you, I have no idea what the Bengals will do in April but now more than ever I think it would make sense to trade down if they can.

02-10-2011 07:42 AM
chatcat Offline
All American

I Root For: BEARCATS
(02-10-2011 07:42 AM)beck Wrote:  Like all of you, I have no idea what the Bengals will do in April but now more than ever I think it would make sense to trade down if they can.

Take a first round pick and low-ball him in the contract offer.

02-10-2011 08:04 AM
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

We've given him 2 decades of opportunities. Enough is enough.

02-10-2011 08:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.