2008 FB Commits Listing
Bookmark and Share
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU
2008 FB Commits Listing
http://easternmichigan.scout.com/a.z?s=3...=8&yr=2008

That's 11 commits.

I'm listing only those commits that have been confirmed by Rivals, a newspaper article or Scout or in other words an outside source:

Bynum LB Taylor Truman
Morrison CB/RB Fork Union Prep
Vandenburgh OT Chesterton IN
Neal OL St John's Washington DC
Bell OL Melvindale

That's 17 and I may be missing somebody. Looking good on the OL with 4 verbals there and 3 on the DL, we do need LBs in the worse way, a kicker who can get in the end zone, a dominant TE and another RB. With 3 WRs that position looks well stocked.
12-15-2007 07:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dennis Rachwal Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
RE: 2008 FB Commits Listing
ADD:

COREY BROWN rb TROY OHIO
COREY MANNS WR KENTON, OHIO
TYLER THOMAS RB JACKSON, MI
NATE HARDY WR/DB NEW HAVEN, MI
KYLE POLLOCK TE JC HANCOCK CA
JOSH WILLIAMS ??? BRANDON ?
DOMINIQUE REED DB BOWDEN ?
12-16-2007 09:12 AM
Dennis Rachwal Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
NOT SURE ABOUT BELL FROM MELVINDALE, HEARD WE WERE STILL RECRUITING SPEARS - ONE MORE STEVE BROWN LB FORK UNION MILITARY
12-16-2007 09:15 AM
Dennis Rachwal Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
I'm assuming the prep school players and the JC wil be enrolled in jan and eligible for spring ball.
12-16-2007 09:15 AM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

article about Drew Serruto de

Senior running back Jay Cravens and senior defensive lineman Drew Serruto recently accepted scholarships to continue their football careers at the Division I level next fall.

Cravens is a 6', 217 pound three year starter and was a team captain his senior season. He tallied 1,272 yards rushing and scored 18 touchdowns last year and has accepted an offer to continue his playing days at Ball State University.

Serruto is a 6'6", 255 pound defensive lineman who registered 56 tackles, including 11 behind the line of scrimmage, his senior season. He has accepted an offer to continue his playing days at Eastern Michigan University.

Congratulations Jay and Drew and best of luck at the next level.
12-28-2007 06:48 PM
Dennis Rachwal Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Lets hope Genyck and staff finish strong (TE, LB and RB would be nice additions.
12-29-2007 09:34 AM
Advertisement

EagleWarrior Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Dennis Rachwal Wrote:I'm assuming the prep school players and the JC wil be enrolled in jan and eligible for spring ball.
I know Pollick is arriving Saturday, actually is staying at a few players house until the dorms open back up Sunday.....
01-04-2008 08:58 AM
EagleWarrior Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
EagleWarrior Wrote:
Dennis Rachwal Wrote:I'm assuming the prep school players and the JC wil be enrolled in jan and eligible for spring ball.
I know Pollick is arriving Saturday, actually is staying at a few players house until the dorms open back up Sunday.....
Pollock
01-04-2008 08:59 AM
Dennis Rachwal Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Anyone have any stats on Pollock? Hope he does well in spring ball. With Bohnet leaving, we need to fill the TE void. Genyck often uses 2 TE's at a time.
01-04-2008 09:35 AM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

Warrior,

Anyone else signed early that is expected when the semester starts?

Thanks.
01-04-2008 09:50 AM
Dennis Rachwal Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Heard from a good source that Genyck and Co have already over 20+ commits and that a recruiting/visitation weekend was cancelled because of this . Looks like EMU may be all done or close to all done recruiting.
01-04-2008 09:52 AM
Advertisement

huroncowboy Offline
1st String

Rock,

I suspect you are right about us being close to our limit now all we have to do is guess which players are coming. This would be the earliest time in my time following FB recruiting that we would have a "full" boat. I know there was a highly rated DL out of Detroit that had scheduled a visit for mid January.

Pollock was a two time second team All Conference Player (and by the way Javone Augustus a non-qualifier two years ago plays in this same California conference) who is more of a blocking TE at 6'3, 260, played QB in high school at Arroyo Grande High in California.
01-04-2008 10:06 AM
Dennis Rachwal Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Cowboy, as far as I know, Pollock is the only incoming TE RECRUIT. We will have a few returnees, namely kid from Plymouth, who could be a good receiver at that position, kid from Brother Rice that redshirted. Buche, an interior lineman converted to TE for blocking purposes. Anyone else?
01-04-2008 10:34 AM
Dennis Rachwal Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
NEED A mlb TO REPLACE HOLZCLAW WHEN HE LEAVES - DON'T BELIEVE THERE IS ONE ON THE CURRENT ROSTER OR THAT WE'VE RECRUITED ONE. C
01-04-2008 10:36 AM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

TE- you have many of the candidates right LeDuc, Yousiff, there is Sonny Paluch a walk on. Don't know what happened to John Bonner maybe Warrior knows his status.

LB-if we're right and all the scholies are gone then lets hope we got 3-4 more LBs!
01-04-2008 11:51 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Any feel for how good the recruits are?

I know, as Dennis has suggested, this is incredibly early for us to have our recruits lined up.

I remember a recent year. Last year? or the year before? when we had late attrition and had to 'reach' for a half dozen recruits late and they were not of the quality we'd hope for.

I'll go on the main board and see how the conference recruiting 'big picture' is going.

my guess is that if the MAC teams can't recruit well this year then they never will be. While the MAC didn't have any top 40 teams, the TV exposure was incredible. Most of the games vs. the Big Ten were competitive or very competive and most of them were on TV somewhere either an ESPN channel or on the Big Ten Network.
01-04-2008 03:34 PM
Advertisement

EagleWarrior Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
huroncowboy Wrote:Warrior,

Anyone else signed early that is expected when the semester starts?

Thanks.
Was told a defensive lineman is in also, dont see his name anywhere though...not sure on the spelling, Ryan Kulman or something near it....Bonner was red-shirted last year, Le Duc and Paluch need to bulk up more, none of the 3 are good blockers. Youseff came in as a blocking TE, so we`ll see. As of now, they dont have a starting TE, Buche was moved back to oline....I guess they are really counting on Pollock to step in and play and if none of the others improve Buche will probably move back to TE...alot of good recieving TE`s but no blockers..I understand Pollock is a big kid, '6 "3 about 260 lbs.........
01-05-2008 12:57 PM
Dennis Rachwal Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Any idea where the DL is from? Juco I presume?
01-05-2008 10:14 PM
EagleWarrior Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Dennis Rachwal Wrote:Any idea where the DL is from? Juco I presume?
I didnt ask where he`s from....but I do know he`s a gray-shirt.....
01-06-2008 07:03 AM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

Ryan Kuhlman-he was mentioned at JJ Sports Huddle the same website as Nate Wilson and Corey Welch were named as EMU recruits. He would be a greyshirt also believe he plays TE as well as DE. He's about 6'4, 235 and I believe he was All Ohio honorable mention in 2005 and 2006 at Findlay HS in Ohio. I'll see if we can dig up some articles or stats. I think I mentioned Kuhlman as a potential EMU recruit during the 2007 recruiting process as a potential. I would have to check my posts here on this board. [/u]

I wonder if any of our prep school recruits like Morrison will enroll this upcoming semester similar to what Priest did last year.

Thanks Warrior for the information.
01-06-2008 10:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.