Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Death Penalty
NavyDoc69 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland Terps!
Skunkworks

[Image: 2078033.jpg]

<a href='http://www.msnbc.com/news/980078.asp?0cv=CA01' target='_blank'>Muhammad to be put to death</a>
11-24-2003 11:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

Deserved it, too.

04-bow
11-24-2003 12:24 PM
marshallisqbu Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall !!!!

Too bad he gets to choose how he dies, unlike his victims. Oh well, this restores a little faith in America's judicial system.
11-24-2003 12:55 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

04-cheers
11-24-2003 02:15 PM
Quote this message in a reply
cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

I have always disagreed with the death penalty. Give the man a chance to realize his sins and have a chance at a glorious afterlife. It makes me sick.
11-24-2003 05:16 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

cbfranchise3 Wrote:I have always disagreed with the death penalty. Give the man a chance to realize his sins and have a chance at a glorious afterlife. It makes me sick.
Let's analyze that CB:

Quote:I have always disagreed with the death penalty.

That's your right to do so.

Quote:Give the man a chance to realize his sins

So you don't think he knows killing people at long range with a high-powered rifle is wrong and sinful?

Quote:and have a chance at a glorious afterlife. It makes me sick.

He still has that chance. He can always repent. Wonder if he gave his victims a chance to repent for their sins and enjoy that "afterlife"............ :rolleyes: His soul will always be judged by God, his physical body, however, is judged by society.
11-24-2003 05:28 PM
Advertisement

T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI

cbfranchise3 Wrote:I have always disagreed with the death penalty. Give the man a chance to realize his sins and have a chance at a glorious afterlife. It makes me sick.
Glorious afterlife? I heard Hell isn't the best place to be. Especially for eternity.
11-24-2003 05:51 PM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

I don't feel sorry for him. I would gladly pull the switch, if asked to do so!! :wave:
11-24-2003 05:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
metro6775 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I hate snipers.
11-24-2003 06:22 PM
Laettners Legacy Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Duke Blue Devil

he should be snipered

"an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth and a life for a life"
11-24-2003 07:42 PM
cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Laettner's Legacy Wrote:he should be snipered

That is exactly what is wrong with society today.
11-24-2003 08:45 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

cbfranchise3 Wrote:
Laettner's Legacy Wrote:he should&nbsp; be snipered

That is exactly what is wrong with society today.
So LL's thinking is what's wrong with society.....not Malvo and Muhammed?

I don't understand that.
11-24-2003 08:48 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Fry his @$$. :wave: And good riddance!
11-24-2003 09:31 PM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Laettner's Legacy Wrote:he should be snipered

That is so false... That biblical passage was used in context to say that AT THE VERY FURTHEST you can take an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth... It was not an order to do so... the Christian response would be to forgive (punishment is still in effect, of course, but not life-taking) but AT THE WORST... take an eye for an eye... no further.
11-24-2003 09:42 PM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

[quote="RebelKev"] [quote="cbfranchise3"] [quote="Laettner's Legacy"] he should
11-24-2003 09:43 PM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

EVEN CATHOLICS... with their just-war tradition and all that jazz... even the most conservative Christians... are opposed to the death penalty... The pope is one of the strongest anti-death penalty figures there are.

I can't think of a single group of official Christians who are PRO death penalty... Catholics, Episcopalians, United Methodists, Baptists, Lutherans, Calvinists, Presbyterians... all against the death penalty...

And RebelKev... when did God EVER give humanity the task of judging human flesh? That has ALWAYS been a divine power. Even in Leviticus and Exodus, it never states "The man shall be put to death BY SOCIETY" it is always "The man shall be put to death"... leaving you to assume what... that another man must put him to death? or God? It's the latter.

Also, RebelKev... you and I (along with anyone else alive) are both murderers in God's eyes... if you don't know why I can explain it to you...
11-24-2003 09:49 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Ok, how about, "He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword"?

You're blanketing me Nate. My views are my views alone. It doesn't matter to me what conservatives think, liberals think, Catholics think, Episcopals think, or anyone else. "I" don't want to have to pay for him and as far as the whole "it's cheaper to keep them in jail" argument, well that's society's fault. If someone is proven guilty without a shadow of doubt, give him one time to appeal(within a year) and when he/she loses, take them out in the street and execute them publically. If that DID happen I can guarantee you violent crime would drop.

Call me a vicious SOB(Sorry Neal) all you want. My heart lies with the victims and their families....not with some animal that thought it was fun to snuff out lives of not only adults, but children as well. ...and if they weren't in good with the Lord, they are in Hell as they didn't have a chance to repent.

......and to quote Megadeth, Judge: "Boy, your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm hmmm, 'cause your ****** belongs to me".
11-24-2003 10:07 PM
cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Thank you Nate. Being (or trying my best to be) a religious man, it is just my opinion that no human has the right to take another human's life, despite the crimes he has committed. I know that seems simple, and that is because it really is that simple. As Nate said, we are all sinners, and there is only one being that has the right to judge in this world.
11-24-2003 10:25 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

cbfranchise3 Wrote:Thank you Nate. Being (or trying my best to be) a religious man, it is just my opinion that no human has the right to take another human's life, despite the crimes he has committed. I know that seems simple, and that is because it really is that simple. As Nate said, we are all sinners, and there is only one being that has the right to judge in this world.
But don't we judge people every day? I am not talking about judging his soul, but his physical life, and the crimes he committed against civilization, deserve to be judged by society.
11-24-2003 10:29 PM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

RebelKev Wrote:
cbfranchise3 Wrote:Thank you Nate.&nbsp; Being (or trying my best to be) a religious man, it is just my opinion that no human has the right to take another human's life, despite the crimes he has committed.&nbsp; I know that seems simple, and that is because it really is that simple.&nbsp; As Nate said, we are all sinners, and there is only one being that has the right to judge in this world.
But don't we judge people every day? I am not talking about judging his soul, but his physical life, and the crimes he committed against civilization, deserve to be judged by society.
We don't have the judicial authority to decide whether someone deserves to live or die.
11-24-2003 10:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.