Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Dorsey and the fight after the game--
Bookmark and Share
egrizzard Offline
What?

I Root For: Memphis!!!
Dorsey and the fight after the game--
UAB site says Dorsey got into a shoving match with a fan after te game--anyone else hear this?
03-03-2006 09:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FUT Offline
Banned

I Root For: clarity
Re: Dorsey and the fight after the game--
egrizzard Wrote:UAB site says Dorsey got into a shoving match with a fan after te game--anyone else hear this?

i hope he punched them in the face.

One of our guys was at half court as the buzzer went off and looked like he got trampled. Not sure if the two are related.
03-03-2006 09:36 AM
SMUTiger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Re: Dorsey and the fight after the game--
egrizzard Wrote:UAB site says Dorsey got into a shoving match with a fan after te game--anyone else hear this?

Hey, they stormed the court. When they do that, it becomes a safety issue for the players. I do not know the veracity of the report, but if a fan stormed the court and put himself in a position in front of Dorsey, where Dorsey could rightfully be concerned about his safety, then that fan asked for it. From a legal standpoint there would likely be no case for the fan (and yes, I am a lawyer).
03-03-2006 09:37 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Tigergator Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis

Well if a student or fan got in my face and i was a player i would have knocked his ass out,this storming the court is getting outta hand and there has to be something done before a player or student get severly injured
03-03-2006 09:38 AM
egrizzard Offline
What?

You would have to pretty dumb to get into a push match with Dorsey anyway.

I do hope he slugged them a good one-- 04-chairshot
03-03-2006 09:39 AM
Pouncer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

I did not see it. I will say that it probably makes since. Let me make a disclaimer first " My wife is a UAB grad, I go to some UAB games to watch basketball, and I normally take up for UAB against Bama and Auburn"

While I realize that they were excited to beat the #3 team in the country, I have never seen a worst case of treating the losing team's fans beside Louisville. I have even been to Miami- FSU games and not seen it. I am glad I sucked it up and just kept walking. I had milddle fingers flashed at me, people coming up from behind and knocking off my hat and running away, ect. I promised my wife I would not go to jail and that is the only reason I did not take action. We lost the game. UAB was the better team last night. They had a loud and great crowd during the game. I hope that the idiots after the game were only bandwagon fans who woke up this morning and put on their crimson shirt. The rivalry has now moved up many levels for me and I look forward to next year. See you in the tournament Blazers.
03-03-2006 09:48 AM
Advertisement

tigerjeb Offline
Legend

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame

again - things are BAD when the student section is RIGHT next to the visitors bench.

again - RCJ said yesterday that there is a conference rule against this. but once again, students are within spitting distance of our bench.

i dont have any clue about what happened or did not happen. im sure theres no internet urban legend growing here (sarcasm), but once you rush the court, all bets are off in my book. if you keep a team from leaving the court, you've crossed the line. it might have been a good idea for cal to pull a coach k move once the game was obviously over and get the bench back into the locker room.

the sec does have the correct idea on this subject.
03-03-2006 09:53 AM
egrizzard Offline
What?

What about the blue Crew/ My brother was there, and I was a little worried-
03-03-2006 09:54 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

Cal did do a Coach K sort of. He wouldn't let the players go and shake hands like usual, he pushed them down the tunnel behind the Tigers bench. Anderson came all the way down to the end of the Memphis bench to shake Cal's hand.

Frankly, I think this is all just an internet rumor and nothing really happened.
03-03-2006 09:57 AM
Tigerjedi Offline
All American

I Root For: The Tigers!!!

fsquid Wrote:Cal did do a Coach K sort of. He wouldn't let the players go and shake hands like usual, he pushed them down the tunnel behind the Tigers bench. Anderson came all the way down to the end of the Memphis bench to shake Cal's hand.

Frankly, I think this is all just an internet rumor and nothing really happened.

I agree about this just being a rumor.

Joey+ tough guy image + UAB students rushing the court = Joey got into a shoving match. At worst he was probably just trying to get out of there and brushed up against someone resulting in the rumor.

I could go on. ;-)
03-03-2006 10:21 AM
mphsfan Offline
Unapologetic Supporter

I Root For: Memphis &

DonatorsDonatorsDonators

What kind of FOOL would get in front of Dorsey? 01-wingedeagle

Pick on Travis Long if you need to ....but Dorsey... That's just CRAZY!
03-03-2006 10:24 AM
Advertisement

TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators

BirminghamTiger Wrote:I did not see it. I will say that it probably makes since. Let me make a disclaimer first " My wife is a UAB grad, I go to some UAB games to watch basketball, and I normally take up for UAB against Bama and Auburn"

While I realize that they were excited to beat the #3 team in the country, I have never seen a worst case of treating the losing team's fans beside Louisville. I have even been to Miami- FSU games and not seen it. I am glad I sucked it up and just kept walking. I had milddle fingers flashed at me, people coming up from behind and knocking off my hat and running away, ect. I promised my wife I would not go to jail and that is the only reason I did not take action. We lost the game. UAB was the better team last night. They had a loud and great crowd during the game. I hope that the idiots after the game were only bandwagon fans who woke up this morning and put on their crimson shirt. The rivalry has now moved up many levels for me and I look forward to next year. See you in the tournament Blazers.

Sad to hear this happened in a building named after a man who personified class, Gene Bartow. I doubt the idiots who did this even know who Bartow is or what he stood for.
03-03-2006 10:25 AM
tigertom Offline
"Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum"

Donators

TigerBill Wrote:Sad to hear this happened in a building named after a man who personified class, Gene Bartow. I doubt the idiots who did this even know who Bartow is or what he stood for.

Gene Bartow ... the example of a coach that can produce winning basketball teams and is a gentleman with CLASS !!!

They should be taught what an honor it is to have their facility named after this man . He would be ashamed of some of the behaviour there last night. 05-nono
03-03-2006 10:32 AM
Pouncer Offline
2nd String

tigertom Wrote:
TigerBill Wrote:Sad to hear this happened in a building named after a man who personified class, Gene Bartow. I doubt the idiots who did this even know who Bartow is or what he stood for.

Gene Bartow ... the example of a coach that can produce winning basketball teams and is a gentleman with CLASS !!!

They should be taught what an honor it is to have their facility named after this man . He would be ashamed of some of the behaviour there last night. 05-nono

I agree. Like I said, it could have been bandwagon Alabama or Auburn fans. Who knows. The UAB fans sitting right beside me were very cordial and were embarrased. Probably just cheap Alabama whiskey.
03-03-2006 10:37 AM
tigertommy Offline
Uber Butthead!

Not sure why they should be ashamed unless they really tried to attack our players. I read posts on here all day about offending someone at one of our games in opposing gear (usually UT's) and how we wish our crowd was up and loud and going nuts the entire time. We are not allowed to rush the court but many times it has been posted that we wish we could after a big win. Well, the 47th ranked team in the country beat the #3 team in the country and they insulted opposing fans, jumped and yelled for 4 minutes and rushed the court after their big win. I guess it is only good if we do it?
03-03-2006 10:38 AM
tigerloyal Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
CrappiesCrappiesDonators

You knew at the start of the game, if they won, they would storm the court.
I understand why they did it.
Just don't gripe if a player pushed someone out of the way on the way to locker room.
I would have too.
The bad thing is someone is going to get hurt and soon and then everyone will stop it.
UAB should have had enough security there, after getting everyone worked up like that.
It was their responsibility to keep order and they didn't do it.
03-03-2006 10:43 AM
Advertisement

BrianJ Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

tigertommy Wrote:Not sure why they should be ashamed unless they really tried to attack our players. I read posts on here all day about offending someone at one of our games in opposing gear (usually UT's) and how we wish our crowd was up and loud and going nuts the entire time. We are not allowed to rush the court but many times it has been posted that we wish we could after a big win. Well, the 47th ranked team in the country beat the #3 team in the country and they insulted opposing fans, jumped and yelled for 4 minutes and rushed the court after their big win. I guess it is only good if we do it?

Well said.
03-03-2006 10:50 AM
Johnny Betts Offline
1st String

I Root For:

tigertommy Wrote:Well, the 47th ranked team in the country beat the #3 team in the country and they insulted opposing fans, jumped and yelled for 4 minutes and rushed the court after their big win. I guess it is only good if we do it?

Actually, according to the polls they're the 29th ranked team in the country. RPI has little to do with the rankings. Just ask Florida and George Washington.
03-03-2006 10:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

Johnny Betts Wrote:
tigertommy Wrote:Well, the 47th ranked team in the country beat the #3 team in the country and they insulted opposing fans, jumped and yelled for 4 minutes and rushed the court after their big win. I guess it is only good if we do it?

Actually, according to the polls they're the 29th ranked team in the country. RPI has little to do with the rankings. Just ask Florida and George Washington.

true, but ask them again when the seeds come out. George Washington will have 1 loss and 4 or 5 seed to go with it!
03-03-2006 10:57 AM
TMcCarty Offline
Maximus Decimus Meridius

I Root For: UAB
Folding@NCAAbbs

If you saw UAB fans flipping people off, I apologize for them, it is in no way condoned. But let's not forget that some of your Blue Crew were doing the exact same thing.
03-03-2006 11:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.