Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Top 25: FF’s ‘Race to NY6’ (Week 7) *App St, Cincy move up to 3 & 4
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
RE: Top 25: FF’s ‘Race to NY6’ (Week 7) *App St, Cincy move up to 3 & 4
(10-15-2019 09:41 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  The question is going to be does the committee actually value the AAC as strongly as a lot of the computer systems and polls do? I suspect because of their inherent bias they probably don't. Right now in the coaches poll you have SMU, Cincy, and Temple ranked and in the AP you have SMU and Cincy ranked and Tulane the next team out. If the committee poll came out today I'd be stunned if anyone but SMU from the AAC was ranked in it. I fully suspect they never rank more than 1 AAC team at a time in their poll, which allows them to keep up the narrative that the reason they don't consider any non-P5 school is that they don't have to go thru the week in week out "grind" in conference.

Right now, Massey has two AAC teams in the top 25 - Cincy at #16 and SMU at #20. The other G5s in the rankings are Boise at #12 and App State at #24.

I think if the CFP came out now, the AAC would get two in the top 25. The back-end of the P5 has been pretty weak, and the CFP has show an inclination to side with computers.

Remember, for all their alleged "inherent bias", the CFP has never come out with rankings that differ all that much from the computers. There are exactly zero cases in the past five years where an AAC team was denied something important, like the G5 spot in the NY6 or a CFP playoff spot, because the CFP committee said 'no' to the AAC team while computers were saying 'yes'.
10-15-2019 11:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 25: FF’s ‘Race to NY6’ (Week 7) *App St, Cincy move up to 3 & 4 - quo vadis - 10-15-2019 11:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.