Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If the SEC did expand again and did so from the ACC who should we take and why?
Bookmark and Share
BePcr07 Online
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the ACC who should we take and why?
(06-23-2022 04:32 PM)TigerFan38134 Wrote:  
(05-23-2022 04:19 PM)BePcr07 Wrote:  The more I think about going to 24 with just ACC schools, the more I'm on board with: Clemson, Duke, Florida St, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Miami, North Carolina, and Virginia. You get all 4 annual ACC/SEC rivals for FL/GA/KY/SC, 2 basketball powerhouses in UNC/DUKE, potentially one of the highest prizes in the NIL future (Miami), and a solid "other sports" school in Virginia. Not to mention the academic side.

What about the other conferences? The B1G adds Notre Dame plus the PAC AAU. Oregon St / Washington St who join the XII with the 6 ACC leftovers plus Memphis, SMU, and South Florida.

B1G
Central: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Wisconsin
East: Maryland, Michigan, Michigan St, Notre Dame, Ohio St, Penn St, Purdue, Rutgers
West: Arizona, California, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Utah, Washington

SEC
East: Clemson, Duke, Florida St, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Miami, North Carolina, Virginia
South: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
West: Arkansas, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi St, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M

XXIV
North: Boston College, Cincinnati, North Carolina St, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, West Virginia
South: Baylor, Central Florida, Houston, Memphis, SMU, South Florida, TCU, Texas Tech
West: Arizona St, BYU, Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St, Oklahoma St, Oregon St, Washington St

Do you think Duke will be the same without Coach K and North Carolina a few seasons removed from Williams? Just curious on your thoughts.

Who knows. Coach K was at Duke for 42 years of their 84 year old basketball program. 50%! How they recover is anyone’s guess but I think they’ll be okay. I see my Zags in the same boat as Duke in that once Few is gone - who knows. Schools like Kansas, Kentucky, and North Carolina have bounced back from coaching changes. UCLA didn’t bounce back well after losing Wooden and Indiana didn’t after losing Knight. I feel a lot better about North Carolina staying competitive than Duke.
06-23-2022 09:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: - Transic_nyc - 05-05-2020, 09:48 PM
ok - Transic_nyc - 05-06-2020, 12:30 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 05-13-2020, 11:50 PM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 05-14-2020, 02:00 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the ACC who should we take and why? - BePcr07 - 06-23-2022 09:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.