Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If the SEC did expand again and did so from the ACC who should we take and why?
Bookmark and Share
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the ACC who should we take and why?
(04-26-2015 01:49 PM)XLance Wrote:  
(04-26-2015 09:18 AM)JRsec Wrote:  
(04-26-2015 07:10 AM)XLance Wrote:  
(04-25-2015 10:55 PM)JRsec Wrote:  In fact while I'm feeling good about this idea I'll flesh it out some more. Let's go ahead and move every conference to 18 and solve the problem of the promotion of the top G5 schools.

Big 10:
Connecticut, Maryland, Ohio State, Penn State, Rutgers, Virginia Tech

Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Purdue

Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Minnesota, Nebraska, Wisconsin

SEC:
Auburn, East Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina

Alabama, Florida State, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, West Virginia

Arkansas, Louisiana State, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas A&M

ACC:
Baylor, Louisville, Texas, Texas Tech, Tulane, Miami

Clemson, Duke, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, N.C. State, Wake Forest

Boston College, Cincinnati, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Virginia

PAC:
Brigham Young, Colorado, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Rice, Texas Christian

Arizona, Arizona State, California, Cal Los Angeles, Nevada Las Vegas, Southern Cal

Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, Utah, Washington, Washington State

This way the P5 becomes a P4 with champs only in the playoff and the top G5 schools all get in.

Here's what I like for the SEC:
1. A&M remains the only Texas school.
2. We solidify our brand with Florida State and Oklahoma both SEC caliber programs.
3. We like everyone else pick up a G5 program but ours puts us in North Carolina and ESPN pays us for the state.
4. West Virginia gives us a sliver of what we wanted with Virginia Tech.

So with an economy of additions we solidify our brand, Florida as an SEC state, pick up a national brand and content with Oklahoma and Florida State, gain DFW without adding another Texas school, and enter the beltway somewhat with West Virginia.

The Big 10 and SEC solidify their boundaries and dominate their region. The ACC gains great strength with Notre Dame and Texas and collectively unites all of the prima donnas into one unit. Duke, Notre Dame, U.N.C., and Texas all under one umbrella. They will either hold each other in check or the drama could be a football soap opera every year. That's a whole new story line for ESPN. Instead of housewives of Atlanta it becomes Athletic directors of the ACC.

The PAC expands rather nicely in territory and markets with some good academic ads and help their PACN.

JR, JR.
One of the "real" problems of realignment is trying to squeeze several schools into places that they really don't belong just to make the numbers work. Now mostly we are talking schools in the Big 12 (if we assume the Big 12 will someday evaporate). Regardless of what H1 may say, do Kansas State and Iowa State really fit into the PAC? Would the B1G take either one of them? And what about TCU?
If those schools are not a "fit" for a P4 how in the world can you think about East Carolina (I am not a hater, my daughter went to school there), Cincinnati, Tulane, BYU, and Nevada-Las Vegas just to even out the numbers?
You need some more time at the drawing board.

Not really, just drawing some conversation and showing what taking the best of the G5 would really look like (for a board that incessantly talks about it).

If you wanted to work it for real however some things might not go as previously discussed.

Florida State and Oklahoma State to the SEC.
Kansas and Virginia Tech to the Big 10.
Texas, Oklahoma and West Virginia to the ACC
The PAC might truly consider Texas Tech and T.C.U. to get into Texas.

That way you guys keep the Pack, lose your headache, and Virginia Tech isn't really a school that wreaks of ACC.

If the PAC truly wants to get to 16 they will work it out with B.Y.U. and consider taking one of U.N.L.V., Kansas State, or Rice.

Of course it could still work out this way:
Oklahoma and Texas to the SEC
Kansas and Connecticut/Iowa State to the Big 10
West Virginia to the ACC and Notre Dame all in.

Possibly Texas Tech and B.Y.U. to the PAC.

The P4 stands at 62 and waits for the PAC to decide who if anyone makes up their #15 & #16.

With the new rules that will be coming into place, I would be shocked if the ACC were to expand beyond 15 teams unless Notre Dame is ready to make a full time commitment. And I expect the ACC will stay parked. We will be able to have three pods of 5 and run a 4+2+2 eight game conference schedule or a 4 +3+2 if we decided to have a 9 game conference schedule which would cycle everyone through in two years instead of 3, plus insure that our two best teams will play in the championship game.

You just keep thinking that way and I'll be happy to deliver the eulogy for the ACC. The disparity that is coming will bury you.
04-26-2015 02:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the ACC who should we take and why? - JRsec - 04-26-2015 02:03 PM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 05-05-2020, 09:48 PM
ok - Transic_nyc - 05-06-2020, 12:30 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 05-13-2020, 11:50 PM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 05-14-2020, 02:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.