CSNbbs
Raise Your Hand If... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Proving Grounds (/forum-768.html)
+--- Forum: BigEastbbs (/forum-771.html)
+---- Forum: Big East Conference Talk (/forum-772.html)
+---- Thread: Raise Your Hand If... (/thread-904403.html)

Raise Your Hand If... - GoldenWarrior11 - 08-11-2020 08:43 AM

... you are glad the Big East no longer has to deal with the headaches of college football. The B1G has shown levels of dysfunction that no one could have dreamed of happening under the leadership of Delaney. You have coaches like Harbaugh, Day, Franklin and Frost all supporting the players in playing (going against the opinions of Presidents). You have a new commissioner (Warren) that tried to encourage the P5 to fold up shop and leave (and nobody followed). The PAC has the threat of a full-scale boycott, with or without COVID. The SEC, ACC and Big 12, where football is king and basketball comfortably sits in the backseat, is pushing forward.

Who knows what college basketball could look like this Winter, if there is any. However, I remain satisfied - even seven years later - that the Big East no longer has to worry about the political football dynamics.

RE: Raise Your Hand If... - HuskyU - 08-11-2020 01:29 PM

Hey now...

But in all seriousness, it's mad funny that UCONN started the FBS cancellation dominoes.

RE: Raise Your Hand If... - bill dazzle - 08-11-2020 06:08 PM

There is no doubt that the current Big East benefits in many ways from not having to deal with football. The P5 are having rough time of it because of football. But I did rather like having DePaul affiliated with schools that sponsored football. At this point, I'm now used to that dynamic no longer being the case for the Blue Demons.

GW11, I'm not sure I agree with you when you note that "football is king in the ACC and basketball sits in the backseat." I see that league as offering a roughly equal emphasis (and fan passion) for the two sports. Agree on the SEC and Big 12.

RE: Raise Your Hand If... - VCE - 08-15-2020 07:23 PM

I’d trade Creighton, DePaul and Butler for Cuse, BC and any of Pitt/WVU/ND. All of the FB schools are better regional and/or cultural fits for GU. DFW and other Hoyas will disagree on BC, but I think many/most would agree with the rest.