Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Raise Your Hand If...
Bookmark and Share
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marquette, BE
Raise Your Hand If...
... you are glad the Big East no longer has to deal with the headaches of college football. The B1G has shown levels of dysfunction that no one could have dreamed of happening under the leadership of Delaney. You have coaches like Harbaugh, Day, Franklin and Frost all supporting the players in playing (going against the opinions of Presidents). You have a new commissioner (Warren) that tried to encourage the P5 to fold up shop and leave (and nobody followed). The PAC has the threat of a full-scale boycott, with or without COVID. The SEC, ACC and Big 12, where football is king and basketball comfortably sits in the backseat, is pushing forward.

Who knows what college basketball could look like this Winter, if there is any. However, I remain satisfied - even seven years later - that the Big East no longer has to worry about the political football dynamics.
08-11-2020 08:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
RE: Raise Your Hand If...
Hey now...

But in all seriousness, it's mad funny that UCONN started the FBS cancellation dominoes.
08-11-2020 01:29 PM
Advertisement

bill dazzle Offline
Craft beer and urban living enthusiast

I Root For: Vandy/Memphis/DePaul/UNC
There is no doubt that the current Big East benefits in many ways from not having to deal with football. The P5 are having rough time of it because of football. But I did rather like having DePaul affiliated with schools that sponsored football. At this point, I'm now used to that dynamic no longer being the case for the Blue Demons.

GW11, I'm not sure I agree with you when you note that "football is king in the ACC and basketball sits in the backseat." I see that league as offering a roughly equal emphasis (and fan passion) for the two sports. Agree on the SEC and Big 12.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2020 06:09 PM by bill dazzle.)
08-11-2020 06:08 PM
VCE Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tradition
I’d trade Creighton, DePaul and Butler for Cuse, BC and any of Pitt/WVU/ND. All of the FB schools are better regional and/or cultural fits for GU. DFW and other Hoyas will disagree on BC, but I think many/most would agree with the rest.
08-15-2020 07:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.